PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger's ranking????? Next week

gbkubfan
11-26-2016, 03:13 PM
The prediction for next weeks #1 album minus streaming is The Weekend with 225-275k album. I wonder where Garth will be in the equation now that Gunslinger is officially out? They are expecting The Weekend to have around 400,000 with streaming.

CharlieBarton
11-26-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm confused. I keep reading from a bunch of you about how well The Weekend is going to do. I didn't know it's been released as a single yet. Granted, I don't listen to the radio, so that may be why, but I thought BLLDAD was still the reigning Garth single. Oh well, very cool. Hope The Weekend does as well as you think it will.

Emerald Isle
11-26-2016, 05:45 PM
They're talking about "The Weeknd" the artist, not Garth's new song.

https://www.amazon.com/Starboy-Weeknd/dp/B01MPXXBNB/ref=sr_tnr_p_1_467962_1_twi_aud_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1480196711&sr=8-1&keywords=the+weeknd

Brett Dale
11-26-2016, 05:45 PM
The Weekend is actually an album from some rapper I think.

I think hitsdailydouble will have this wrong, I pretty much think Garth and Prince's album will be up there.

Prince must sell over 200k and then theres streaming for him.

If Man against machine sold 167K in its first week with little publicity, Gunslinger at least do must do that, now hes with amazon.

Brett Dale
11-26-2016, 05:46 PM
Hell I remember when scarecrow game out in 2001 and Hits daily double, said it wasnt selling and has been trounced by Shariaka's album, yet it was Garth taking the
number one spot.

Brett Dale
11-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Yet over at amazon starboy is ranked number 21, while Gunslinger is ranked no1 on the best sellers list.

mbarker
11-26-2016, 07:07 PM
Yet over at amazon starboy is ranked number 21, while Gunslinger is ranked no1 on the best sellers list.

I am guessing that Amazon only shows Amazon sales. Remember that a majority of albums are bought through Itunes.

Brett Dale
11-26-2016, 07:21 PM
True, also remember they're releasing a Prince album.

I just dont think its going to be as one sided as Hits daily double is saying.

I wouldnt be shocked if Garth or Prince takes the number one spot.

gbkubfan
11-26-2016, 08:23 PM
The Weekend is going to be big on streaming so overall I think he will be #1 but as for sales of albums, I think Garth may be close. I just picked up a gift (Boxed set) and two Gunslingers. I will pick up a couple of Wally World bundles later this week. I wanted a couple of Christmas Together CDs for gifts but they were out at my Target. Forgot to check the display of Garth in electronics. But in CD area he was doing OK. Almost out of Gunslinger and had a few boxed sets. Maybe that is why Garth was so low key about Gunslinger. Wanted to have a chance against Prince and The Weekend. We will find out Tuesday how it is shaping up in sales.

Brett Dale
11-26-2016, 10:27 PM
I was just called delusional at the ukmix.org forums because I thought Garth's Gunslinger could sell 200k copies in its first week.

I dont think thats too far off.

DuckStreetCowboy
11-26-2016, 10:33 PM
I'd be happy if it sold 100k. There will be over 250k copies of Gunslinger already sold in the boxed set by next Friday. I'd be shocked if it sold more than MAM which wasn't affected by a boxed set.

CharlieBarton
11-27-2016, 12:40 AM
They're talking about "The Weeknd" the artist, not Garth's new song.

https://www.amazon.com/Starboy-Weeknd/dp/B01MPXXBNB/ref=sr_tnr_p_1_467962_1_twi_aud_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1480196711&sr=8-1&keywords=the+weeknd

Wow! I had never heard of him, it, whatever. I'm out of touch lol

Emerald Isle
11-27-2016, 01:01 AM
Up against Bruno Mars, Miranda, Metallica, & The Weeknd, I think it'll be pretty tough for Garth to hit #1 this week, but we'll see.

YouSoundBitter
11-27-2016, 03:20 AM
I hope it's Garth then Miranda, I love VICE, however, like I said in another thread, alot of Garth fans already have Gunslinger thru the box set. His streaming will help but I just don't see cd sales over 100,000 again. I did buy a standalone copy Saturday though!

gbkubfan
11-27-2016, 03:50 AM
I think a lot depends on Xmas buying. How many people picked up a CD for a present versus to listen to now. I honestly don't think charts and radio matter to a lot of singers these days. They don't make their revenue from sales like they use to and make more from touring and merchandise sales. Sales from new music helps but it isn't the 80's and 90's anymore. And a lot of music debuts big with fan base and then slowly disappears. Most people except for Adele type singers rely on streaming. Hopefully now that Garth is streaming, it will help attract more business. That said, Garth is old school and would love to have chart ranking and radio play. I also think that being the first artist in Soundscan era to hit 100 million is probably a goal. The last figures I could find are from 2008 and he was just short of 68 million about 12 million ahead of the Beatles. I remember seeing something a couple years ago about him being at around 83 million. Numbers are something Garth likes and I also think that he can attract new fans with a radio hit or those attracted to the #1 album tag. It is hard to predict what Gunslinger will do. The die hard fan has bought the boxed set. But how many will buy the standalone? Then you have the casual fan who will pick up the new Garth CD and some others going, oh a new Garth CD, lets buy it for Mom or Dad. The only thing I see as a problem could be those who pick up Christmas Together instead of Gunslinger. I know if my Mom were to try and buy a Garth CD for me, if she saw the Christmas Together one before the Gunslinger one, guess which one I would find in my stocking. I am doing my best. I bought two standalones for my collection. I have to pick up at least 3 Wally World bundles this week as gifts and probably two more for myself depending on the packaging. But overall I think Gunslinger will do great through the holiday season and will pass Man Against Machine in units sold. And on a bright note. I am very excited that The Ultimate Hits is selling so well. I only wish that more stores had his catalog albums for sale to help boost their sales. I also helped that cause by ordering a new copy of the Chase for a friend. I also ordered a Xmas bundle from the Garth store with t-shirt, magnat and Christmas Together CD. I know I am rambling but wanted to get these thoughts out of my head. :-)

Mr_Sevens
11-27-2016, 11:29 AM
It's his 3rd release in the past few weeks, so I'm going to join the chorus of those saying it'll be hard to push 100k. My guess is that it ends up somewhere around there.

DuckStreetCowboy
11-27-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm interested to see if all of his albums chart this week on account of the bundle being fulfilled. I'm not sure if they'd report that as a single item or each individual CD counts as one? Heck they might not even report it at all.

gbkubfan
11-27-2016, 04:39 PM
I am curious also. With Gunslinger being part of the bundle, I would think for chart purposes that they'd report them. But they may have some weird rule about things and only count Gunslinger. I will be checling the catalog chart to see if there is any impact among the holiday/christmas music.

gbkubfan
11-28-2016, 10:39 PM
Just picked up a copy of Gunslinger and Christmas together for a friend who was leaving his job position. Felt he needed some uplifting music to celebrate his new move and job. Wally World was almost out of bundles and had very few Gunslingers left. Maybe that is a good sign. I think we are headed to Target tomorrow so I will be picking up one more boxed set as a gift. Gotta make my list and check it twice to see if I need to gift anymore music. I will probably get another xmas cd for the office party. We will see how it is doing tomorrow afternoon I think.

gbkubfan
11-29-2016, 06:22 PM
SPS

*The Weeknd (XO/Republic) 345-355k
Pentatonix (RCA) 115-125k
Bruno Mars (WMG) 64-69k
Metallica (Blackened) 48-52k
Trolls (RCA) 46-50k
Moana (Walt Disney) 35-38k
Hamilton (Uptown) 34-37k
Rae Sremmurd (Eardrumma/Interscope) 33-36k
Pentatonix – That’s Christmas to Me (RCA) 30-33k