PDA

View Full Version : Ronan Keating Maybe off topic??

Brett Dale
10-23-2016, 06:26 AM
Im sorry for the moan, but it does my head in, Ronan Keating comes to new Zealand a lot, but everytime he comes here, or the New Zealand media talks about him, (like they did last week) they talk of what a great songwriter he is and then they play a clip of "If Tomorrow Never Comes" (keatings cover version)

Last time he was here a few years ago, the interviewer told him she loves "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and then asked him about song writing, he didnt bother to correct her.

Just last week, our news show is giving away tickets to see him and again, played if Tomorrow Never comes and talked of what a great singer/songwriter he is.

I heard rumours that when he was touring Europe, keating when interviewed, about If Tomorrow Never Comes never gives credit to Garth, even when asked about writing the song, he sort of just goes into a different track about writing itself, and not If Tomorrow Never Comes.

Just wondering for all the european and australian people here, has this been the case in your country?

Brett Dale
10-23-2016, 06:45 AM
Mods please delete. This post is not really needed, with all the other garth news happening.

The Fever
10-23-2016, 07:38 AM
I think he might be bigger in New Zealand than he is in Ireland, lol. We never hear anything from him, it's a good thing. I think no body can sing a Garth song better than Garth himself. I hate covers of his songs.

Skywise
10-23-2016, 12:14 PM
Don't really like his version of If Tomorrow Never Comes.. To find out he's not giving due credit- well, riding ones' coattails isn't exactly a new tactic, but ehh- he's not cup of tea as an artist...

Paula
10-23-2016, 11:44 PM
Mods please delete. This post is not really needed, with all the other garth news happening.I don't see anything wrong with a discussion of this topic, but since you are the thread starter, if you really want it deleted, we will remove it. Will wait for you to respond.

Paula

wimpy77
10-24-2016, 01:15 AM
I don't see anything wrong with the topic. The guy shouldn't be claiming the song as basically his own.

Skywise
10-24-2016, 01:19 AM
I don't see anything wrong with the topic. The guy shouldn't be claiming the song as basically his own.

ya know Wimpy- we don't always agree- but I can second this- if he's claiming it as his own, he def. shouldn't'..

doesn't sound like he DIRECTLY claimed it ,but def. indirectly..

oh well don't much care for him myself

wimpy77
10-24-2016, 01:27 AM
ya know Wimpy- we don't always agree- but I can second this- if he's claiming it as his own, he def. shouldn't'..

doesn't sound like he DIRECTLY claimed it ,but def. indirectly..

oh well don't much care for him myself

agreed

Brett Dale
10-24-2016, 03:03 AM
I don't see anything wrong with a discussion of this topic, but since you are the thread starter, if you really want it deleted, we will remove it. Will wait for you to respond.

Paula

Keep it up.

Keating is very disingenuous, our music reporters here dont know much about country music, there have been a few Journos here,
that has always ask him about song writing and how they love his hit "If Tomorrow Never Comes" he always sightly diverts
and answers by talking about songwriting in general.

Lowland_Kid
10-24-2016, 08:19 AM
That is sneaky of him. He should at least give Garth credit.