PDA

View Full Version : New Album

Paula
06-10-2016, 01:15 AM
Garth finally came out and clearly said the new album will be out late summer or fall - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/garth-brooks-media-1.3624586. (Of course, anything could happen between now and then that could change the planned release, but it looks like that's the plan for now.)

Paula

Brett Dale
06-10-2016, 02:42 AM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

No excuses!!!!!!

No fried phone!!!!

No record label wasnt ready!!!!

His new album is coming in the next few months!!!!!

Brett Dale
06-10-2016, 02:42 AM
There is not a chance, he will go back on this now!! The new album is coming!!!

I also see, that Studio G (the behind the scenes stuff for the album) will be online in July, according to
the site, taste of country.

Emerald Isle
06-10-2016, 01:59 PM
it's still just an announcement that he will announce it soon, which means it could change, but for now I'm optimistic.

The Fever
06-10-2016, 04:24 PM
That means a single soon? I hope he plays something new for Vegas.

The Fever
06-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Did anyone see last night's facebook live video?

He's finishing up the Christmas album and his all time favourite hero will be on it. It will be the last song on the album as that's how much he loves them.

Will this be a Garth Brooks & George Strait song? ... I'm getting very excited even thinking about this.

The Fever
06-10-2016, 06:17 PM
Wasn't there a question on facebook a couple of months ago asking who would you like to see sing with Garth in Vegas?

So I'm thinking there will be a special guest in Vegas? What are the chances of George Strait?

Mr. Midnight
06-11-2016, 06:03 AM
Did anyone see last night's facebook live video?

He's finishing up the Christmas album and his all time favourite hero will be on it. It will be the last song on the album as that's how much he loves them.

Didn't see the video, so not sure exactly what he said, but Garth's "all-time hero?" I'm guessing his mom. Thought I heard something a while back where he mentioned he had some old recordings of her singing and how cool it would be to have a "duet" with her. Would be very cool.

As for the Christmas album in general, I couldn't care less. Just not a fan of Christmas music; seems like every artist does their own version of the same 20 or so songs. Hopefully there will be some originals...

But. A real, true, honest-to-God GARTH album, which sounds like it will feature a bunch of songs that he has written himself??? I cannot be more excited for it. I loved Man Against Machine, but I've got a feeling the next one is going to be something special. Can. Not. Wait.

The Fever
06-11-2016, 06:39 AM
Nope, its not his mom because he said that he came into the studio to record with him. So it's a male.

BLL
06-11-2016, 12:22 PM
I think it's likely to be James Taylor, as James tweeted he was 'having Christmas in the spring' a few weeks back.

The Fever
06-11-2016, 02:01 PM
I think it's likely to be James Taylor, as James tweeted he was 'having Christmas in the spring' a few weeks back.

This makes sense then. Thanks.

Guess if there's a Vegas guest, it won't be him either. Singing a Christmas duet in July.

The Fever
06-11-2016, 02:02 PM
I was really hoping for a Garth Brooks & George Strait duet.

The Fever
06-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Yep, its James Taylor. I went back through his tweets and there was a tweet saying watch out for James & Kim on the new holiday album by Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood.

coco1997
06-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Meh, I'll believe it when I see it.

And as others have said, if it indeed coming out within the next few months, we should be hearing a single soon.

The Fever
06-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Meh, I'll believe it when I see it.

And as others have said, if it indeed coming out within the next few months, we should be hearing a single soon.

That's what I'm thinking, we should be getting a single soon. But are we getting a Christmas album and a normal album this year? It's too early for a single all about Christmas.

Also, inside studio g, this new thing coming up where we get to see the inside of making an album, he mentions taking us into songwriting sessions. Are they writing brand new Christmas songs or what's happening.

YouSoundBitter
06-11-2016, 10:51 PM
I am excited, I don't care about the some of the negative comments about announcements about announcement,. I see it as him trying to keep up updated along the way...and you know what, sometimes it doesnt work out...Geesh, some of you sound like my ex-wife! lol I can't wait to hear the new stuff!!!!

Skywise
06-12-2016, 12:43 AM
just keeping my nose in the thread so I can comment soon- new album stuff sounds very cool- a little anxious, hoping we don't get shafted (those of us who bought the digital bundle on gb.com)....

G&TTreknTech77
06-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Scott, I'm right there with you. I too bought the Digital Bundle on GB.com. I'm worried about whether we will get that album. They have our e-mail on file. I think what they should do is give all the gb.com bundle buyers a link to download the new album on ghosttunes.

Ryan

mbarker
06-18-2016, 12:06 PM
On last night's Opening Night Live - Garth mentioned that Mike Chapman had played on about half of the new record. I am thinking that much of "Inside Studio G" (Songwriting Sessions, Studio, etc) has already been filmed. I will predict a September release.

coco1997
06-18-2016, 12:36 PM
On last night's Opening Night Live - Garth mentioned that Mike Chapman had played on about half of the new record. I am thinking that much of "Inside Studio G" (Songwriting Sessions, Studio, etc) has already been filmed. I will predict a September release.

Now THIS is encouraging. I believe this is the first confirmation we've gotten from Garth that the new album has at least (mostly) been recorded.

mbarker
06-21-2016, 06:19 PM
Interview with Garth - https://youtu.be/3rarVAv74Gs At the 9 minute mark Garth mentions album moving to the fall.

Brett Dale
06-22-2016, 12:22 AM
So thats September sometime??

The Fever
06-22-2016, 01:18 AM
So thats September sometime??

Or October or November. It is a Christmas album, isn't it?

jturtels
06-22-2016, 11:09 AM
It is my understanding that he's releasing a new "Garth" album and the Christmas album.

Skywise
06-22-2016, 12:33 PM
hmm- listened to the interview (good interview)... Garth's answers were well, classic.. you can tell they're 'honed', 'practiced' to an extent.. but still a good interview..

the album? I THINK he's talking about the christmas album- but IF not, he could be referring to both coming out this fall- don't know.. could be interesting though

The Fever
06-22-2016, 02:20 PM
It is my understanding that he's releasing a new "Garth" album and the Christmas album.

Yeah, i was thinking there might be two. He does talk about songwriting, so how much songwriting is there with Christmas songs because it's the same songs over and over.

But then, its Garth. We didn't get anything last year when it was due and then nothing until the fall this year (if it happens) and then a Christmas album at the same time or within a few weeks of each other.

SoCalGarthFan
06-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Releasing 2 albums at essentially the same time, is an incredibly stupid idea. Not to draw a comparison, but Bruce Springsteen did this in the late 80's, with poor results.

Garth may be different. His core fans will certainly buy both, regardless of when they each come out, but non-Garth fans might pick only one.

I could not believe, that given he's Mr. Marketing, one of Garth's staff would allow him to release his long awaited Xmas album, and have to promote it at the same time as a long awaited solo album, which absolutely needs to perform better than MAM did.

A September solo release, followed by a late November Xmas album, would work, since there would at least be time to market the solo album, and hopefully use that release's success to promote the November release.

coco1997
06-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe "The Chase" and "Beyond The Season" came out a month back in '92. Ideally Garth could release the new studio album in September or October and the Christmas album in November/December.

wimpy77
06-22-2016, 07:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe "The Chase" and "Beyond The Season" came out a month back in '92. Ideally Garth could release the new studio album in September or October and the Christmas album in November/December.

you're correct. Beyond the Season was release in August and The Chase was released in September.

Skywise
06-22-2016, 07:20 PM
hehe I remember hearing Beyond the season had bene released, and left a pot of mac and cheese cooking on the stove (had my sister finish making it), and left immediately to get it.. The Chase- I skipped a psych class (came late actually) but the professor at my college knew I was going to come late

ElectricOutcast
06-22-2016, 08:57 PM
hehe I remember hearing Beyond the season had bene released, and left a pot of mac and cheese cooking on the stove (had my sister finish making it), and left immediately to get it.. The Chase- I skipped a psych class (came late actually) but the professor at my college knew I was going to come late

Had I have been your age back in those days, I would've waited until after school to get a new Garth album. I think I would've been around three to four years old at the time my family bought both those albums on cassette (Yes I remember cassette tapes)

Skywise
06-23-2016, 02:27 AM
Had I have been your age back in those days, I would've waited until after school to get a new Garth album. I think I would've been around three to four years old at the time my family bought both those albums on cassette (Yes I remember cassette tapes)

lol I remember cassettes too! I bought 'the hits' on cassette then went tooling around the east coast with my dad for a week or so touring civil war battlefields in 1995... .. Man, buying Garth albums/CD's has been somewhat of an adventure for me! people know not to buy me garth stuff because I'll end up with it before they can get it for me :) I bought everything from fresh horses onward up through scarecrow at a midnight sale when available, or at the store JUST s the door was opening the next day..

garthcop
06-23-2016, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of packaged deal to add to his album sell numbers.

Skywise
06-23-2016, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of packaged deal to add to his album sell numbers.
wouldn't be a surprise- but if THAT is the only package talked about (if it happens) it's a slap in the face to those of us who are still waiting on Garth's completed promise of fulfilling the digital bundle

G&TTreknTech77
06-23-2016, 12:08 PM
In this interview starting at 7:34 he discusses the Christmas album and states that it is "supposed to come out in October." Putting the pieces together I'd imagine we'll get one album early October and the other on Black Friday in November:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78U65hN7zg&feature=youtu.be

gbkubfan
06-26-2016, 02:38 AM
I just finished going through my 300 plus Garth CDs looking to see if I had an extra Chris Gaines hologram cover. I am a collector. I have 10-12 copies of some of the CDs between special edition, anniversary, Canadian, UK versions etc. I have at least 2 copies of every cover of Double Live. So no matter how many CDs he plans on releasing this year I will buy 2 of each and 2 of any special covers or whatever he does. Plus will buy extra copies of gifts. Its been what I do. I don't think he will get pre 2000 numbers but in this day and age, 100,000 is pretty good for album sales. I miss the days of going to Tower Records at Midnight or being the first at 6 or 7 am to get Garth's CDs. I remember one year they were giving out posters for every copy of the CD you bought. They guy looked at me funny when I said 7 please. He said I couldn't get 7 but I showed him the 7 copies I bought and the manager said Give it to him.

coco1997
06-27-2016, 12:11 AM
I just finished going through my 300 plus Garth CDs looking to see if I had an extra Chris Gaines hologram cover. I am a collector. I have 10-12 copies of some of the CDs between special edition, anniversary, Canadian, UK versions etc. I have at least 2 copies of every cover of Double Live. So no matter how many CDs he plans on releasing this year I will buy 2 of each and 2 of any special covers or whatever he does. Plus will buy extra copies of gifts. Its been what I do. I don't think he will get pre 2000 numbers but in this day and age, 100,000 is pretty good for album sales. I miss the days of going to Tower Records at Midnight or being the first at 6 or 7 am to get Garth's CDs. I remember one year they were giving out posters for every copy of the CD you bought. They guy looked at me funny when I said 7 please. He said I couldn't get 7 but I showed him the 7 copies I bought and the manager said Give it to him.

I think you meant to post this in the "Chris Gaines CD" thread.

gbkubfan
06-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Nope. I was responding to the question about new CD after looking for a Chris Gaines CD. I was just mentioning I am a collector of Garth's CD besides loving the man and his music. :-) I just have this weird thing about having 2 copies of each CD. :-)

YouSoundBitter
06-28-2016, 08:48 AM
I do at least 4, 2 (one for each car) 1 for the house and one or two to save sealed.

gbkubfan
06-29-2016, 04:15 AM
I always say you can never have enough Garth in the house. :-)

themusicuni
07-01-2016, 02:52 AM
I do at least 4, 2 (one for each car) 1 for the house and one or two to save sealed.

Do you have a sealed holographic edition of Chris Gaines you'd be willing to sell?