PDA

View Full Version : Event Announcement Next Week

mbarker
05-06-2016, 11:20 AM
During the Fargo Press Conference, Garth mentioned that he will be using "In-Ear" monitors during the Fargo shows to train for an Event that will be announced next week.

https://youtu.be/gqUDDW9-ptE

The Fever
05-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Please tell me its something to do with Vegas.

Garthmedic
05-06-2016, 07:35 PM
"It has something to do with Vegas".

I am not saying that is the case, I just want to be a good forum leader and appease the crowds :) :)

Brett Dale
05-06-2016, 07:38 PM
For the life of me, I dont understand???

He had a press conference (Like he does) to announce another announcement next week, and its to do with "In ear" monitors that he is using in the Fargo shows to Train for an event???

Im totally confused..

Brett Dale
05-06-2016, 07:38 PM
I dont want to sit thru a 42 minute video, where in the video does he mention this?

Brett Dale
05-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Well I used google,(IEMs) are devices used by musicians, audio engineers and audiophiles to listen to music or to hear a personal mix of vocals and stage instrumentation for live performance or recording studio mixing.

So thats normal. Watch the first bit of the video, all i can take from it is...

Hes going to do a concert where the stage will be different from the normal stage and it will be filmed for TV, the fargo stage will have a similar setup so he can practice. The show must be Vegas.

Hey I figured it out!! Not sure why he is calling it a an event, and not a concert.

Paula
05-07-2016, 10:36 AM
For the life of me, I dont understand???

He had a press conference (Like he does) to announce another announcement next week, and its to do with "In ear" monitors that he is using in the Fargo shows to Train for an event???

Im totally confused..

The press conference wasn't "to announce another announcement". He has a press conference in each city where he performs prior to the first show. This just happened to come up in the press conference. He had also mentioned something in a recent prior Opening Night Live or press conference (can't remember which) about something that had come across his desk the night before that would be great if it could come about. Whether it's the Vegas shows or something else is anyone's guess. I don't believe anything was said in the press conference about this "event" being televised; at least, I don't remember him saying that. The stage at the Fargo concerts are different in that the wings are much longer (not sure that those wings would fit in the T-Mobile Arena). Now, in his Opening Night Live Facebook video on Thursday, he began talking in an Irish accent...was that a clue? :p

Paula

Paula
05-07-2016, 12:04 PM
It was a radio interview where something "of magnitude" had come across his desk at midnight the night before that he couldn't announce at that time because it was still in the works (start at 4:30 if you don't want to listen to the whole radio interview).

http://wycd.cbslocal.com/2016/04/15/garth-brooks-talks-grand-rapids-favorite-fast-food-and-hoedown/

Paula

The Fever
05-07-2016, 01:04 PM
It was a radio interview where something "of magnitude" had come across his desk at midnight the night before that he couldn't announce at that time because it was still in the works (start at 4:30 if you don't want to listen to the whole radio interview).

http://wycd.cbslocal.com/2016/04/15/garth-brooks-talks-grand-rapids-favorite-fast-food-and-hoedown/

Paula

Ohh, I like it. The DJ said the first time he saw Garth was in Texas stadium and he was asked if he would swing on a cable again. His reply was something of that magnitude is coming again but can't announce it yet.

This has to be Vegas.

Brett Dale
05-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Oh my. This looks like it could be something special. Cant wait for the announcement!

YouSoundBitter
05-07-2016, 10:03 PM
I know its not, but it would be sweet if the earpiece/moniter was for an all request show, and the ear piece would let him hear the selected person's song requests.

Brett Dale
05-07-2016, 11:14 PM

Paula

Wow again, just listened to it, it really appears this will be something special, Im on tenderhooks waiting for the
announcement.

The Fever
05-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Wow again, just listened to it, it really appears this will be something special, Im on tenderhooks waiting for the
announcement.

I know me too. It sounds real exciting anyway. Though I wouldn't be expecting an announcement next week because he didn't say it will be coming next week. He did say the deal wasn't closed yet so can't announce it yet.

Brett Dale
05-08-2016, 04:13 AM
I thought he said next week in one of the interviews???

Heres hoping its sooner rather than later.

Brett Dale
05-08-2016, 04:30 AM
I know me too. It sounds real exciting anyway. Though I wouldn't be expecting an announcement next week because he didn't say it will be coming next week. He did say the deal wasn't closed yet so can't announce it yet.

The original poster said its next week, so Im guessing thats accurate.

The Fever
05-08-2016, 08:27 AM
The original poster said its next week, so Im guessing thats accurate.

Apologies

Just watched the Fargo press conference on YouTube. It's about 01.50 minutes in.

The last time they were in Fargo, they got to rehearse for Texas stadium there because that was the only place they could use the Texas stadium stage.

The band uses in ear devices but he will try it in Fargo for an event that will be announced next week.

I'm thinking, it might be a stadium concert and they're using the stage in Fargo.

The Fever
05-08-2016, 08:32 AM
I don't think it will happen in Vegas because Vegas has already been announced. It's going to be announced next week. With the stage they are using in Fargo to be used for this event.

The Fever
05-08-2016, 08:54 AM
What I don't understand, if he's announcing this in the next week, I presume this new event will be for late July. Why have Vegas and this new event happen so close to each other?

Brett Dale
05-09-2016, 04:26 AM
Just out of left field here, and this is a wild guess, Since Las vegas is getting an NHL team, could it be a charity game between country stars and ice hockey players at
the venue?? and Garth is organizing it . Didnt he meet Gretzky recently?

garthcop
05-09-2016, 10:23 AM
They built an arena for a NHL team but the NHL hasn't given them one yet. But you could see that being a promotional thing for the city to get the NHL and for Garth in general. However, I would say most of Garth's fans don't care that much for the NHL. Here in Dallas we have one of the best NHL teams in the league this year, and not many really care. Now if it was football.......

Mr_Sevens
05-09-2016, 01:26 PM
Just out of left field here, and this is a wild guess, Since Las vegas is getting an NHL team, could it be a charity game between country stars and ice hockey players at
the venue?? and Garth is organizing it . Didnt he meet Gretzky recently?

Definitely out of left field. I can't imagine a situation where even Garth would consider that to be bigger than his Texas stadium shows. No, I'm sure this is going to just end up being a stadium show.

copinark
05-09-2016, 02:31 PM
I've heard rumblings about a return to Central Park, but nothing official. Just the rumor mill.

canadiangirl
05-09-2016, 02:43 PM
when he announced vegas, didn't he say that it would have to be different? I wonder what he meant by that.
I'd love to see him in a stadium, after watching all those early 90s specials. but I wouldn't be able to if it's july being that I'm already going to vegas.

canadiangirl
05-09-2016, 03:04 PM
about what I said above, I just found this article. so yeah, he did say vegas has to be different and will be a new show, a once in a lifetime experience.

http://tasteofcountry.com/garth-brooks-las-vegas-tour-dates-2016/

The Fever
05-09-2016, 03:09 PM
when he announced vegas, didn't he say that it would have to be different? I wonder what he meant by that.
I'd love to see him in a stadium, after watching all those early 90s specials. but I wouldn't be able to if it's july being that I'm already going to vegas.

He did say that, it was going to be different and a once in a lifetime experience.

But it's not adding up. If there's a new announcement which we're getting, its a new city, so its not vegas.

I'd love to see him as well but its too close to Vegas. Which is unfair on us because we were meant to get the best gig this year. And now there's a new one being planned and too close to each other.

Central Park would be a good guess, but would he not need a bigger stage?

The Fever
05-09-2016, 03:20 PM
I'd be happy to hear if it was a central park concert. Wasn't there a rumour that he was to play there in August 2017, 20 year anniversary.

I have heard that he is to do a European tour next year in 2017. So if it's central park he's playing this summer, this European tour rumour will be more believable.

Brett Dale
05-09-2016, 07:04 PM
I think it makes more sense to do Central park on the 20th anniversary.

2017 might be Central park then europe. (hopefully New Zealand and australia as well)

I think the announcement will to do with the vegas thing.

But Im probably wrong and it will be central park!!

BLL
05-10-2016, 08:09 PM
If it's Central Park, I would wager he'll use the stage built for Croke.

gbfevernorway
05-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Yankee Stadium. Will the Croke Park stage be used?

The Fever
05-11-2016, 09:07 AM

The stage he used last week in Fargo will be used.

The Fever
05-12-2016, 09:11 AM
So the radio interview he did about two weeks ago. The DJ asked him if he would swing on a cable again. He said something came along his desk the night before and something is going to happen again.

So what has he planned and where?

I remember him saying vegas was going to be a once in a lifetime experience, it was going to be historic on the same level as texas stadium or central park. So I'm kinda expecting him to fly on ropes in Vegas.

Mr_Sevens
05-12-2016, 11:18 AM
I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Yankee Stadium show.

garthcop
05-12-2016, 11:29 AM
He wanted to originally release his album Sevens at the time he played Central Park in but wasn't able to because of conflicts with Capital Records at the time so it was released that Thanksgiving instead. That was the summer in 97. Maybe he is making it up and will be releasing his next album this summer in New York that week.

SteveStrick
05-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Heard an interview with Garth on the local radio station today and he said they're going to switch from doing the opening night live on Facebook to a thing called Inside Studio G pretty soon.

themusicuni
05-12-2016, 09:08 PM
Garth said during his Q&A Live tonight that they're filming the Yankee Stadium show in NYC. Sounds like they'll have a TV special/DVD for it!

djryan
05-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Garth said during his Q&A Live tonight that they're filming the Yankee Stadium show in NYC. Sounds like they'll have a TV special/DVD for it!

It sounds to me like Yankee Stadium is going to be the Croke Park show that never happened. They will probably use a similar stage and record it for TV

Heartbreaking for Irish fans like me though. We deserve a show.

Skywise
05-13-2016, 01:42 AM
It sounds to me like Yankee Stadium is going to be the Croke Park show that never happened. They will probably use a similar stage and record it for TV

Heartbreaking for Irish fans like me though. We deserve a show.

I agree, heartbreaking for y'all, but in the end, isn't Croke Park to blame? (the council/politicians/etc..)

The Fever
05-13-2016, 03:34 AM
I agree, heartbreaking for y'all, but in the end, isn't Croke Park to blame? (the council/politicians/etc..)

Yeah, they're to blame.

And when Garth does something, he does it right. Yankee stadium will be epic and this is what we missed out on. It's heartbreaking that we had a chance for something so big and spectacular. But you can't stop him from doing other events. I think anytime he does something big, we will always feel left out.

gbfevernorway
05-18-2016, 03:14 AM

As the Croke Park stage is going to be used, I would guess he will use a lot of the other equipment designed for that show. I once saw a drawing of the stage, and it is like no previous Garth stage. The circle is HUGE. This should be a fantastic show, with great special effects, a lot of special lighting and maybe an extremely big screen. I would guess as the layout of Yankees Stadium is a lot different to the layout of Croke Park, some alterations have to be made to make use of the stage and most of the equipment. I am glad this show is going to take place after all. I always wondered how this show would look and sound like after it got cancelled in Ireland. Too bad it dis not take place in Ireland and is not happening in Ireland. I know for sure I will not have tickets for any of these shows, hopefully Jon Small will make a great job making this into a concert to watch on tv, so it will not be too bad not getting to use the tickets I had for the 3 shows in Ireland.

The next question is how many shows will there be? The equipment will take days to load in and load out, so hopefully there will be time for 3 or 4 shows?

The Fever
05-18-2016, 03:42 AM
I think he said in the Fargo prese conference that he was going to be doing tried and tested things for new york. I'm not sure what that means but i remember reading what was going to happen, he was to come up through the stage, he would have put the stage on fire. So things he's done before. If he does this in New York, it's the Irish concerts that never happened.

I'm delighted really. Show us what we missed out on. It's heartbreaking for the fans.