PDA

View Full Version : Former Garth Band Members?

Inman
04-19-2016, 11:37 PM
I was just curious if anyone knows what happened with James Garver and Steve McClure? I know James wasn't at the KC shows in '07. Can't remember if Steve was or wasn't. Maybe it's as simple as they have moved on with their life and don't wont to go on a world tour, but surely they were asked by Garth? Thought someone might have an inside scoop.

Skywise
04-20-2016, 12:12 AM
hmm- assuredly there are those who know better, but I think it's somewhat of a case of moving on with their lives...

BLL
04-20-2016, 12:45 PM
James is running the family gravel company in Kansas, and out of music totally. Ty England is a Realtor with his wife and still plays the Red Dirt circuit. Don't know about Steve, though.

themusicuni
04-20-2016, 05:46 PM
James is running the family gravel company in Kansas, and out of music totally. Ty England is a Realtor with his wife and still plays the Red Dirt circuit. Don't know about Steve, though.

James actually owns Garvers Building, LLC in Gallatin, TN.

BLL
04-20-2016, 07:35 PM
Really? How cool. A friend of mine met Garth at his gates in 2001 and he told her Garver was in Kansas running the family business; she's from Kansas, which is how it came up in the conversation.

ElectricOutcast
04-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Got some info on McClure for y'all, turns out he's playing steel for a guy out in Texas by the name of Marty Heddin (they got a photo on the Garth Brooks Believers FB page). Ain't heard his stuff yet but it wouldn't surprise me none if Steve were to be in studio with this guy because most of the time Texas singers usually prefer their road band on their records over session players.

Also from what I'm hearing, TY England may have moved onto selling Real Estate for Keller Williams in Oklahoma.

Inman
04-23-2016, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the info.