PDA

View Full Version : Garth to Appear on ACM's on Sunday

Paula
03-29-2016, 04:31 PM
"Even though Garth Brooks will be busy doing a show in Ottawa, producers confirm he’ll be part of the night, even though they wouldn’t reveal in what capacity."

http://radiousa.com/news/articles/2016/mar/29/acms-promise-new-music-superstar-collaborations-and-garth-brooks/

Paula

Brett Dale
03-29-2016, 06:38 PM
New song? Maybe a recorded piece for a tribute to someone??

mbarker
03-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Just saw that he performed Tacoma with the full band last weekend. Maybe they learned it for a reason...

YouSoundBitter
03-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Maybe! One last push for MAM, before the focus goes towards new music from a new album!

fences2312
03-30-2016, 10:45 PM
Probably stating the obvious, but I think it'll be a live feed from his show and I'm gonna be surprised if he doesn't do a new song. I'm sticking with my guess that the new album drops with the Vegas shows, if that's true a new single now wouldn't be out of the question. If he waits a week and releases it to radio it would fit into the time slot of a new single before a new album. AND it would coincide with what he said in The Letter about showing us the production process. What better way to kick it off then with a new single with an accompanying video on the website?

However... Garth is big about making announcements so I feel he would of said something ala the FILP remake that never was. Rehearsing Tacoma does make sense as trying to get the last out MAM before the new album release, though I don't believe it will perform well as a single. The next single for the new album will be embraced but I think he's already killed the radio possibilties of MAM.

Again, just sptiballin'.

darkcountry
03-31-2016, 12:20 AM
MAM era is dead and he needs to go bury it in the backyard. After Mom bombed (largely due to the horrible release timing and the fact he had 8 superior songs) the era needed to end. Doing a third single over a year later would be dumb. It'll be April and the perfect time to launch a single. Release an album in June and tour hard in the summer and then release the Christmas duet album end of October. Stall the singles from the new album so he can push several holiday singles to country radio so he isn't forgotten in the winter on radio. Then resume the era in January when new music is scarce

ElectricOutcast
03-31-2016, 12:53 PM
MAM era is dead and he needs to go bury it in the backyard. After Mom bombed (largely due to the horrible release timing and the fact he had 8 superior songs) the era needed to end. Doing a third single over a year later would be dumb. It'll be April and the perfect time to launch a single. Release an album in June and tour hard in the summer and then release the Christmas duet album end of October. Stall the singles from the new album so he can push several holiday singles to country radio so he isn't forgotten in the winter on radio. Then resume the era in January when new music is scarce

Okay y'all can we please calm it down on the MAM hate, look I myself don't deny that the album had its share of flaws but I'm not one that's gonna be bitter and angry about it, I would rather be pragmatic than vile.

Mr_Sevens
03-31-2016, 03:22 PM
Okay y'all can we please calm it down on the MAM hate, look I myself don't deny that the album had its share of flaws but I'm not one that's gonna be bitter and angry about it, I would rather be pragmatic than vile.

Nothing about the comment was vile. That's quite the hyperbole.

The MAM era is dead and it would be foolish IMO to keep attempting to breathe life into it.

Anonymous
03-31-2016, 03:47 PM
Just saw that he performed Tacoma with the full band last weekend. Maybe they learned it for a reason...

He performed Tacoma with the full band at the Saturday night show in Worcester (2/27). He started it acoustic, but then the band joined in a few bars in.

garthcop
03-31-2016, 04:12 PM
I was going to suggest that was what he might sing. That is the one song from MAM that should have been released anyway!

Skywise
03-31-2016, 08:44 PM
Nothing about the comment was vile. That's quite the hyperbole.

The MAM era is dead and it would be foolish IMO to keep attempting to breathe life into it.

Def. of Hyperbole....: "exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.".. Bitter and angry..... 'pragmatic than vile..'.. - yeah, fits the definition in this case...

I agree 7's.. AS much as we may want it to continue.. MAM is dead/gone/into the annals of Garth 'history'... it would be akin perhaps (more hyperbole here?) to prolonging the inevitable passing of someone in a vegetative state... it might be time just to let it die...

a new single? that'd be cool.. likelihood of it happening? not much... more than likely, it's going to be either an already released song from MAM... or a classic hit... something to keep Garth's 'name' out there...

interesting idea for the possibility of release of the new album around the time of the vegas shows... I also like that idea..

Until Garth changes the way he does things overall somewhat though... it won't totally matter in the end.. Garth's stubbornness to change may be his undoing importance wise...

if it hasn't been already...

Of course I could be completely wrong and would fully celebrate that fact if I am.. more garth is good garth IMO

Brett Dale
03-31-2016, 11:58 PM
Personally Im just holding out for the new album. Hopefully he will stick with a summer(usa) release.

Brett Dale
04-01-2016, 12:45 AM
Def. of Hyperbole....: "exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.".. Bitter and angry..... 'pragmatic than vile..'.. - yeah, fits the definition in this case...

I agree 7's.. AS much as we may want it to continue.. MAM is dead/gone/into the annals of Garth 'history'... it would be akin perhaps (more hyperbole here?) to prolonging the inevitable passing of someone in a vegetative state... it might be time just to let it die...

a new single? that'd be cool.. likelihood of it happening? not much... more than likely, it's going to be either an already released song from MAM... or a classic hit... something to keep Garth's 'name' out there...

interesting idea for the possibility of release of the new album around the time of the vegas shows... I also like that idea..

Until Garth changes the way he does things overall somewhat though... it won't totally matter in the end.. Garth's stubbornness to change may be his undoing importance wise...

if it hasn't been already...

Of course I could be completely wrong and would fully celebrate that fact if I am.. more garth is good garth IMO

I think it will be more likely that he will sing one of his classic hits, than a single from MAM, I also dont think it will be a new single. (if it was, they would be promoting GARTH IS SINGING A NEW SINGLE)

Its highely likely that it may just be a taped introduction from Garth.

In terms of the new album, the week of Vegas sounds good, but I think it would only be if there is some sort
of TV special involved.

Again, at this stage of his career, i can see his concerts on the site that cannot be mentioned, I just want new music, and the songs to reflect where Garth is at in his life.

Paula
04-01-2016, 01:47 PM
According to the press release today, Garth will be presenting an award via satellite; he is not listed as a performer.

http://www.acmcountry.com/news?n_id=1033

Paula

Brett Dale
04-01-2016, 07:02 PM
According to the press release today, Garth will be presenting an award via satellite; he is not listed as a performer.

Paula

Presenting an award, hope hes got long arms.

Oh via satellite?

I guess it will be a taped bit, since it would be strange to stop a concert and do that live.

Skywise
04-01-2016, 09:59 PM

Paula

hmm- well (not like I've let opinions stop me before :) ) I gotta say..

that's lame

ElectricOutcast
04-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Garth Brooks and Chris Stapleton. Garth Brooks and Chris Stapleton. Garth Brooks and Chris Stapleton. Wrap that around your head y'all

Brett Dale
04-03-2016, 11:36 PM
Hes singing a song with Chris Stapleton????

Brett Dale
04-03-2016, 11:49 PM
Opps just read on savingcountrymusic, that he presented him the award.

Brett Dale
04-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Jason Aldean wins EOTY????

Boy oh boy. Give the award to a guy who dresses up in blackface, over Garth.

fences2312
04-04-2016, 01:47 AM
Well damn, I was waayyyyy off.:O

I still say new music around Vegas, at the very least, a new single.