PDA

View Full Version : The Letter today

GBJR77
03-10-2016, 09:13 AM
The Letter is coming later today

New music, "the most Garth thing I've done" is coming this summer.

All according to Garth himself during an interview with KCCI - 8 here in Des Moines.

Let the speculation begin :-)

The Fever
03-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Woo hoo, new music and what's the most Garth thing he's ever done? Will this include Vegas?

Paula
03-10-2016, 09:36 AM
The Letter is coming later today

New music, "the most Garth thing I've done" is coming this summer.

All according to Garth himself during an interview with KCCI - 8 here in Des Moines.

Let the speculation begin :-)

Here's the interview - http://www.kcci.com/news/garth-brooks-talks-to-kcci-8-news/38439170 - mentions the letter toward the end of the interview. Music coming hopefully this summer.

Paula

Skywise
03-10-2016, 09:52 AM
hm- so, KR, ya going back to see Garth again? :) New music...... hopefully he's not forgotten the deal he made with the original digital bundle...

GBJR77
03-10-2016, 10:46 AM
hm- so, KR, ya going back to see Garth again? :) New music...... hopefully he's not forgotten the deal he made with the original digital bundle...

Really going back and forth about it. I don't want to, since nothing is "new". However, I will look at tickets and get a pair if there are really good ones available. My mom paid a scalper to take me last time he was here, so I'd like to return the gift and see her get to go this time. For her the show HAS changed since 23 years ago :)

Thanks Paula for putting the interview link up too! I was running out to work when it was on, but wanted to post what he said before I forgot. I hadn't seen mention of Des Moines on here, didn't want everyone to miss the latest details!

copinark
03-10-2016, 11:46 AM
Good to hear!

coco1997
03-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Garth says the new album will be out "hopefully this summer." So that means we can expect it by Christmas? :O

darkcountry
03-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Garth says the new album will be out "hopefully this summer." So that means we can expect it by Christmas? :O

It's confusing in his "Letter" he says he is postponing it though. The other source says summer.

ETA: In case someone doesn't have Facebook here is the letter

What a year☺!!!
First of all, I can NEVER thank you enough for making 2015 the busiest year of our career, yet! What a blast that was…it seemed it went by in a blink.
The best part of 2015 was that Miss Yearwood and all the girls are healthy…thank God. This year has started off with a bang…Florida was LOUD!!! Opening night set the pace for the year. Baltimore waited out a blizzard and everyone showed up in a BIG WAY!!! Then…MY BIRTHDAY!!! Everyone was really sweet and it was, no doubt, the best one yet☺. South Carolina got me through a very hard time and turned a loss into a HUGE gain for the music!!! Then, Worcester…the “after-show” show is becoming my favorite thing!!! THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!! The response to this tour has taken all of us by surprise. I thank God and the people for it every day☺. The tour has shattered expectations and has put a serious kink in our scheduling (and I am NOT complaining!).
In the fifteen months we have been touring, we have been fortunate to have seen a lot of faces and heard a lot of voices. When it comes to the new music, the one thing I keep hearing over and over is, “Where is the garth stuff?” I made the statement that when we came back on the road and into the studio, I was not confident in my own writing…it is a muscle and if you don’t use it, you just can’t turn it back on again…it takes time…but I DID hear you. And because of that, teamed with the touring schedule, I am asking a huge favor from you, I am postponing the release of the new studio record…I ask for your patience as I explore the writing again. I have been at it for over four months now, enjoying the challenge and enjoying the studio more because of it. This new album will be the most Garth thing I have ever done… whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, you will decide.
I know this may sound crazy, but I would like to invite you in on the process…see how we make records and see what goes on behind the scenes of the making of a record, from the production of the music, the manufacturing of the package, to the release of the record which should be sometime this summer☺. I believe the g-team and Facebook have found a way to make this happen using Facebook LIVE like you have never seen it, to pull back the curtain on this process in a very cool and personal way. I really hope you are going to like this journey with me. Who knows? 2016 could be the best year, yet?? When it is over, I sincerely pray I look on the year and can say, “Miss Yearwood and the girls are healthy.” For as you know, your family’s health is truly all that matters. Here’s to a healthy and happy 2016.
All my gratitude, love, and respect…g

garthcop
03-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Is this a good thing or is it more of Garth being past his prime and not realizing not as many care anymore what he does?

coco1997
03-10-2016, 12:42 PM
It's confusing in his "Letter" he says he is postponing it though. The other source says summer.

What "other source?" Garth himself says in the letter that he's postponing it and then a few sentences later it should be out this summer.

Emerald Isle
03-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Is this a good thing or is it more of Garth being past his prime and not realizing not as many care anymore what he does?

We care. So I'm happy for the update (as much as an update from Garth can be trusted, that is). But still, the main stream music world may not pick this up or make a big deal of it, but who cares? This Facebook Live thing sounds like it could be fun for us fans.

I'm just glad that the letter didn't have the lame "I had the whole album on my cell phone" excuse.

And for the record, I thought MAM was very Garth. Maybe not from his pen, but you can tell that he LOVED those songs, and he definitely made them his own. He didn't write The Dance, FILP, or Callin Baton Rouge, but those are undeniably Garth songs in every sense of the word. That said, if this will be his most personal record ever, then please by all means bring it on. I really hope "I Am a Song" makes the cut and is indicative of where this album is headed. It does sound like the July Vegas shows are meant to coincide with the new album though. I mean, we already know that they won't be "normal" tour shows, since he's asking fans what guest artists they'd like to see him share the stage with. Really makes me want to try and get tickets since I'll be just 7 hours away from Vegas that week.

Emerald Isle
03-10-2016, 12:55 PM

Agreed, it's confusing, but in the interview and in the letter he said this summer. So I think he means he's postponing the album from it's originally scheduled Fall 2015 release date. Considering it's now March 2016, I say, no duh. But whatever. I guess at one point he did say he was pushing the date from Fall 2015 to hopefully Spring. But nothing definite.

He says he's been working on this for the last 4 months. Makes me wonder how many songs he wrote, recorded, and discarded all last year. We know he had at about 16 left over from the MAM sessions, and now there are possibly a ton more. Wow, please please please release a Lost Sessions boxed set with all these songs someday.

All I care about is that music

darkcountry
03-10-2016, 01:43 PM
What "other source?" Garth himself says in the letter that he's postponing it and then a few sentences later it should be out this summer.

This was pre-coffee don't judge :O

The video is what I was talking about. But yeah, it is there :) I was just sleep blind still

ElectricOutcast
03-10-2016, 03:33 PM
It's already looking to be an interesting year in music in general, I've already gotten a few good albums this year and if we're lucky this year, we might be getting a throwback to the class of 89 with some new people bringing out some already fantastic albums. I think Garth's new album might actually top MAM.

Brett Dale
03-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Thoughts on the Letter.

A little weird.

Its written like it (the letter) was suppose to be released last year.

The new album was due in 2015, Its already been postponed!!

He was writing in present tense, but it sort of past tense and already happened.

But the good points.

Ive always loved the process of things, so for me him saying we are going to be able to see the process and production of the thing, its a like a dream come true!!!

A summer release for the new album!!!! So June/July!!!! Awesome!!!!

Brett Dale
03-10-2016, 04:52 PM
This was pre-coffee don't judge :O

The video is what I was talking about. But yeah, it is there :) I was just sleep blind still

hahaha pre coffee!!!

Brett Dale
03-10-2016, 04:57 PM
All I can say now is Im excited.

I just hope the album will be released this summer.

And this letter thing was for the fans of Garth.

In terms of the media and general public, they arent interested, no mainstream music site is talking about it, a couple
of country music sites are, but thats it, hes not trending at all on social media.

Anyway if its a summer release, when should the first single be due?

Skywise
03-10-2016, 05:33 PM

Man... Honestly? I'd have to say it's a bit of the latter, and not so much of the former.. It's good to get an update.. but that's a good point- I just don't know that Garth realizes not as many care what he does... we do, but the overall public.. maybe not as much..

coco1997
03-10-2016, 05:38 PM
If the album DOES come out this summer (and knowing Garth, I'll have to see it to believe it), then that makes that "mystery photoshoot" from a few days ago being for an album cover much more likely.

garthcop
03-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Man... Honestly? I'd have to say it's a bit of the latter, and not so much of the former.. It's good to get an update.. but that's a good point- I just don't know that Garth realizes not as many care what he does... we do, but the overall public.. maybe not as much..

I should stop being so negative and acknowledge that as a Garth fan, I am excited about an announcement like this. We waited almost 15 years for this kind of stuff. I guess I didn't realize that the industry would have moved on so much without him during that time. But hey. I turned on the oldies station yesterday in my car and they were playing Bon Jovi. Life moves fast.

GBJR77
03-11-2016, 02:02 PM

So, I'm going back. They pushed it to 6 shows here in Des Moines. 2 Friday, 2 Saturday, 1 Sunday, 1 Tuesday. Weird.

I wound up with tix to 4 shows before I had to stop and shut the mac down. Going Friday late show, a section off the stage in lower level, taking mom for her birthday. Saturday late show 1st row behind stage. Sunday 8th row floor. Tuesday 11th row floor. I'm starting to think the thrill of actually getting tickets, and good ones, is the draw for me now. :-/

hopefully there will be SOMETHING new, or 'old new' between all those shows! :-)

Skywise
03-11-2016, 10:42 PM
hehe- very cool! wish I could afford to go to another show sometime soon, but well then again he's not around me :) enjoy the show though- maybe it's 'save worthy' if you know what I mean kr? :)

The Fever
03-12-2016, 03:00 PM
I'm happy with the most Garth thing he has ever done. When the music does come, at least it will be perfect because he puts his heart and soul into creating music. I'm happy to wait.

ElectricOutcast
03-12-2016, 05:18 PM
Just looked at Facebook today and came across a photo with Garth and Trisha screaming at photographer Jeremy Cowart and he's just wearing a funny face throughout the thing. FTR it's a gag photo so I don't want anyone thinking Garth and Trisha have become buttholes all of a sudden.

BLL
03-12-2016, 10:40 PM
I saw that, how funny! They both are such goofballs.