PDA

View Full Version : Garth to Appear on Bobby Bones Album

darkcountry
02-27-2016, 03:36 PM
I guess this guy is a comedian (excuse my ignorance if he's famous lol) But Carrie Underwood sings about pee on his album and Garth is supposedly doing background vocals on a track

ETA: Okay, he is a DJ in Nashville so boo on me for not knowing who he is lol

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/6890397/bobby-bones-raging-idiots-comedy-album-exclusive

It's out March 18

ElectricOutcast
02-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Yeah he's the Country edition of Morning Zoo radio...and he is seriously not funny.

Brett Dale
02-27-2016, 11:06 PM
Never heard of him.

But Surly Garth can work with some bigger names in the industry.

Than a country music version of weird al.

Anonymous
02-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Cletus T. Judd will always be country music's Weird Al.

Also, I never thought of Garth as being one to think he was too good to work with anyone. Also, it's uncredited-read into that what you will.

I can't say I have any interest whatsoever in hearing any of these songs, but if Garth wants to help out someone in radio I definitely won't complain.

darkcountry
02-28-2016, 04:12 PM
Cletus T. Judd will always be country music's Weird Al.

Also, I never thought of Garth as being one to think he was too good to work with anyone. Also, it's uncredited-read into that what you will.

I can't say I have any interest whatsoever in hearing any of these songs, but if Garth wants to help out someone in radio I definitely won't complain.

I meant no disrespect in my post. I honestly hadn't heard of the guy and wanted to share. Often I discover someone knew through the guest appearances an artist I like does with them. I ended up liking Garth, Don Henley, and Leonard Cohen after listening to a tribute or song Trisha did with them. Then exploring their catalogue of work. i wish this guy an incredible amount of success.

darkcountry
03-18-2016, 01:24 AM
Okay, the song Garth appears on is called Fishin' With My Dad and it is actually kind of a downer country song. It isn't a comedy song at all. Garth has very noticeable background vocals on the chorus. The song is actually not all that bad. If you want it though, you have to buy the entire album lol

ETA: Okay, I bought the iTunes version. I'll write up lyrics if you want and I can see if Soundcloud will let me put it on there for a short period of time so you guys can sample it. I think once you hear it, you'll be inclined to buy it. It was enough for me to shell out $10 granted I just shelled out $10 for the Passion Soundtrack for new Trisha Music too XD

copinark
03-18-2016, 12:47 PM
I heard it this morning on the way to work. I think he meant well, but Bobby Bones voice is not cut out for that type of song. You can definitely hear Garth in the background. I think if he had tossed the song to Garth that Garth could have done wonders with it.

darkcountry
03-18-2016, 01:10 PM
https://soundcloud.com/j-miller-637057042/fishin-with-my-dad-clean

I'll pull it down in a day or so. But this gives you guys a chance to hear it.

ETA: Also I agree with you copinark. It would be much better had Garth just recorded the song. It would have been incredible. Bobby gave it some emotion, but his vocals were struggling at times.

Lowland_Kid
03-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the link! I am not impressed either. Garth could definitely have done it so much better. He has so much more emotion in his voice.

Paula
03-18-2016, 05:34 PM
I don't listen to Bobby Jones, but I did know he is a DJ. The song is personal to him, and you can also hear him talk about it and then play it here (http://kix961.iheart.com/onair/bobby-bones-2072/bobby-plays-fishin-with-my-dad-14507121/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed), if it doesn't disappear from there and if darkcountry takes his link down.

Paula

darkcountry
03-18-2016, 11:34 PM
I'll keep it up as long as Soundcloud will allow me to.

parlevoo
03-23-2016, 07:03 AM
Can someone transcribe the chords for this. Would like to learn it

copinark
03-23-2016, 01:27 PM
They've been promoting the album heavily the last couple of weeks. Bobby mentioned on air today that today is the last day they'll be promoting it heavily. The guy seems nice and sincere, but I had to turn the channel when one of the songs came on. His voice is literally like nails on a chalk board to me. Seems like a very nice and sincere guy, but some people just aren't cut out to be singers.