PDA

View Full Version : Double Live Video Question

gbfansince3
02-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Hey!
So I've been perusing the Double Live videos that came with the 25th Anniversary re-release.
Does anybody have any stats on the show where "It's Your Song" and "Wild as the Wind" were recorded? Basic arena set up, and Garth is in a mostly black Mo Betta with red bars down the side of his torso and arms. What show? What arena? Why was this taped? It was never (to my knowledge) put forth as a special.
I'm just curious, since it's the only one that deviates from recordings from the specials (Including Coast to Coast to Coast)

Garthmedic
02-14-2016, 11:15 PM
I believe it was Buffalo, NY. Garth appeared via satellite to an awards show, if my memory serves right.

Skywise
02-15-2016, 12:27 AM
If memory serves... it was 1998 for the (I think) ACM awards....

ElectricOutcast
02-15-2016, 08:50 AM
They were both from an NBC special he did back in the fall of 1998 literally called "Double Live" which was a retrospective of moments from his last few NBC specials of the early nineties and they were mixed in with fan questions that he got via satellite. He even took some questions from people who were part of his old high school.

I know all this because right at that time they were not only heavily promoting his Double Live album in between commercials but they also squeezed in promos of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64 which was a hot item at the time.

GBJR77
02-15-2016, 02:12 PM
They were recorded August 1998 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas during his normal tour shows. Both songs were only played a few times, in Vegas, and the audio on DL is the same from the videos of those performances. Both songs were incredibly new at the time, and the footage was shot to create music videos - if they wanted them - for each song for the release of DL. They wound up including them in the multiple 'Double Live' tv spots, which aired live in different time zones.

The Buffalo, NY live satellite broadcast during the ACM's was for a performance of "Where Your Road Leads" with Trisha.

Garthmedic
02-16-2016, 09:16 PM
They were recorded August 1998 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas during his normal tour shows. Both songs were only played a few times, in Vegas, and the audio on DL is the same from the videos of those performances. Both songs were incredibly new at the time, and the footage was shot to create music videos - if they wanted them - for each song for the release of DL. They wound up including them in the multiple 'Double Live' tv spots, which aired live in different time zones.

The Buffalo, NY live satellite broadcast during the ACM's was for a performance of "Where Your Road Leads" with Trisha.

...And there you have it, folks. I was wrong!! ;) Thanks KR for the info.

Skywise
02-16-2016, 10:50 PM
KRR with the save!! Thanks man! I had some right info, some wrong...

gbfevernorway
02-17-2016, 02:54 AM

I am pretty sure it was the CMA awards. :-)