PDA

View Full Version : Maybe A Change For Garth?

gbkubfan
02-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Maybe with the RIAA changing the rules and making it easier to get more credit for units, Garth will open up to streaming.

http://pitchfork.com/news/63273-riaa-announces-streaming-will-count-toward-platinum-and-gold-certifications/

Brett Dale
02-01-2016, 04:10 PM
I thought they did this last year.

Garth wont change his mind at all, i dont think.

gbkubfan
02-01-2016, 04:19 PM
The RIAA made these new changes today. 17 artists just got their certifacations bumped up. I was thinking the streaming part might be something he might do. I know the download on singles is a big issue but viewing videos and listening to songs like a radio might be ok. Who knows?

Brett Dale
02-01-2016, 04:40 PM
This will end the debate once and for all.

If Garth really cares sales, he will stream.

If he doesnt, he wont.

Im guessing he wont stream at all.

This will show the people who say Garth only cares about the numbers are wrong.

ElectricOutcast
02-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Guys, at this point, Garth is going to do what he wants, when he wants. Sure a lot of decisions he's made had obviously made some of y'all mad, hell I've had my share of disagreements with him, but I'm at a point in my musical relationship with him to where it's best to just sit back and see what happens next and try to be less angry at him to the point of just simply shaking my head at him at the next dumb move he makes.

Believe me, there are some things I think if Garth were to explore, like picking Dave Cobb to produce his next record or work with some outsiders like Wade Bowen or Jason Isbell, but Trigger on SCM put it perfectly when he said that all I'm doing was just playing fantasy sports.

Brett Dale
02-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Guys, at this point, Garth is going to do what he wants, when he wants. Sure a lot of decisions he's made had obviously made some of y'all mad, hell I've had my share of disagreements with him, but I'm at a point in my musical relationship with him to where it's best to just sit back and see what happens next and try to be less angry at him to the point of just simply shaking my head at him at the next dumb move he makes.

Believe me, there are some things I think if Garth were to explore, like picking Dave Cobb to produce his next record or work with some outsiders like Wade Bowen or Jason Isbell, but Trigger on SCM put it perfectly when he said that all I'm doing was just playing fantasy sports.

I have such high hopes for his next album. I really hope its produce well.