PDA

View Full Version : Garth nominated for ACM Entertainer of the Year

ElectricOutcast
02-01-2016, 03:43 PM
(Nominations can be found on E! Online) The nominations for the 51st annual Academy of Country Music Awards are here, and Eric Church and Chris Stapleton are this year's leaders!

Each country crooner pulled in five nominations, with Cam, Chris Young and Little Big Town following closely behind with four nominations apiece. Country darling Miranda Lambert received three nominations while her ex, Blake Shelton, received none. First-time ACM nominee Chris Janson earned three nods, including New Male Vocalist of the Year.

Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley will host this year's ACM Awards, which will be broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, Apr. 3, 2016.

http://www.eonline.com/news/735824/2016-academy-of-country-music-awards-nominations-announced

ElectricOutcast
02-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Personal note: I'm not holding my breath for Garth to win this year but I hope he does, if that doesn't happen I would rather have Eric Church win because he's the most traditional leaning new guy of the bunch.

Also, although I don't consider Chris Stapleton's "Traveler" my number one album from 2015 (that one goes to Wade Bowen and Randy Rogers' Hold My Beer vol. 1) I'm very glad to see him get nominated this year and I'm hoping the ACM voters will be smart in voting for him like the CMA voters were. Also I've been hearing good things about Eric Church's new album and I think down the road I'm gonna get it and give it a listen.

copinark
02-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Church's Mr. Misunderstood album is great. I hope Garth gets the win, but we saw what happened last year.

Mr_Sevens
02-01-2016, 04:23 PM
I do NOT expect a win, but I think this nomination is an even bigger deal than last year's.

It was easy for people to dismiss the 2015 nomination because it was Garth's comeback year. This one was purely earned fair and square on touring prowess alone. That's a great achievement.

garthcop
02-01-2016, 05:16 PM
I don't think he will win anything till he releases new music that does something. Otherwise, you might as well have given it to him while he was doing his Vegas stuff during retirement. That was sold out all the time too.

Skywise
02-01-2016, 07:26 PM
Hmm... nominations for entertainer of the year are:

Jason Aldean
Garth Brooks
Luke Bryan
Eric Church
Miranda Lambert

Garth, while it'd be great to see him win, wont' win. the winner will be Luke Bryan, or perhaps Miranda Lambert, with an outside Jason Aldean chance. Garth doesn't resonate with the current country audience much really, and that's his own fault honestly.... I don't see the win happening- I'd love to be wrong

GarthdaMan
02-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Sadly, I agree that Garth will be overlooked again. Even though I actually think he is better than ever in concert.

Charles
02-01-2016, 11:23 PM
is this the one fan voted?

GarthdaMan
02-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Yep, fan voted.

Charles
02-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Then heck , let's start a campaign and get all Garth fans to vote! I can tell you this, Garth trends on twitter every time he's playing a show seems like.

Skywise
02-02-2016, 01:59 AM
Yep, fan voted.

Fan voted = more young type, 21st century 'digital' fans voting.. Garth will not win unfortunately

Charles
02-02-2016, 12:50 PM
George Strait won this very award a few years ago...and fans voted.

Might as well vote and vote often and see what happens...

ElectricOutcast
02-02-2016, 05:53 PM
George Strait won this very award a few years ago...and fans voted.

As big a George Strait fan as I am, a lot of people including myself smelled a rat with that win, maybe because of his final tour or what have you but I thought that win was more out of, I would say sympathy but that's the wrong word to use, so maybe a final thank you before sending him out to the metaphorical pasture.

Too bad Strait will be more like Johnny Cash and American Recordings, he ain't going out quietly neither will Garth.

BLL
02-02-2016, 06:23 PM
I read on another site that the EOTY is no longer fan voted; maybe Garth has a chance.

garthcop
02-02-2016, 10:45 PM
I read on another site that the EOTY is no longer fan voted; maybe Garth has a chance.

That is kind of sad to say

Brett Dale
02-03-2016, 12:39 AM
Garth deserves it for the tour alone!!

ElectricOutcast
02-03-2016, 01:49 AM

If it's true, I would just like to say...GOOD FRACKING RIDDANCE!!!

wimpy77
02-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Entertainer of the Year, New Male Vocalist of the Year, New Female Vocalist of the Year and New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year are no longer fan voted.