PDA

View Full Version : Don Henley (The Eagles) sings Garth

ElectricOutcast
01-05-2016, 12:13 PM
On a deluxe release of Don's newest solo record "Cass County" he's released a duet version of "It Don't Matter To The Sun" with Stevie Nicks from Fleetwood Mac...and it's actually good.

For those that don't know you can find Garth's version on the Chris Gaines album, might be hard to get a new copy and you won't find it on GhostTunes but I urge everyone to find a way to listen to both versions and see what y'all think.

Oh by the way here's Henley's version: http://tinyurl.com/zl8pxq3

Garthmedic
01-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Don has always had a great singing voice. I like his version!

Skywise
01-05-2016, 10:20 PM
it's not a bad version at all.. I'm not a huge fan of Don Henley, but it's good!

BLL
01-06-2016, 12:12 AM
I like his voice, but it's a 'technical' voice, i.e. someone who knows he can sing and strives to be on point always. The thing I like about Garth and Trisha is that when you listen with headphones you can hear the breath. And in Garth's case sometimes he will flat slightly, but the emotion carried the flaw.

ElectricOutcast
01-06-2016, 09:31 AM
I like his voice, but it's a 'technical' voice, i.e. someone who knows he can sing and strives to be on point always. The thing I like about Garth and Trisha is that when you listen with headphones you can hear the breath. And in Garth's case sometimes he will flat slightly, but the emotion carried the flaw.

For the record I'm not bashing your opinion on his voice because I do think the work ethic of some entertainers can carry is admirable and Don Henley is one of those. I also been listening to pieces of his album and I'm half tempted to pick it up at some point because the songs I heard for it are probably the best I've heard in an album period and the duets he's done are fantastic. There's even a duet with both Miranda Lambert and Mick Jagger of all people and it's good. His duet with Merle Haggard is also a huge highlight on that album, it's that good a record.

Lowland_Kid
01-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Ohhh.... I LOOOOOOOOOVE Don Henley's voice! I hadn't heard this yet! Thank you so much for posting it here. To hear him sing this song is just perfection. I do love Stevie Nicks voice too, but in this instance, I could have easily done without her. This song would have been so much better if it would only have been Don Henley singing.

Lowland_Kid
01-06-2016, 11:42 AM
BTW... I have the Deluxe version of Cass County... but not this song! Oh iTunes... WHY do you make different versions for different countries?! :( NOT FAIR!!

ElectricOutcast
01-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Well hate to be a downer but I just literally found out a few seconds ago, Glenn Frey is now gone, apparently from complications of pneumonia. So basically this is more than likely the end of The Eagles. The world will never forget.

Garthmedic
01-18-2016, 09:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD3cnivUVXc

Lowland_Kid
01-19-2016, 06:59 AM
So incredibly sad! :(