PDA

View Full Version : Another Garth Duet??

Garthmedic
12-04-2015, 11:05 PM
Ok, sneaky title. :D I should be ashamed, but I am not. :D Fun thread time!

The question is this: Outside of people Garth has already sang with in the past, WHO would you like to see him release a duet single with?

Me? I think his voice would match very well with Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland. I would love to hear them collaborate.

How about you?

ElectricOutcast
12-05-2015, 01:24 AM
Bruce Springsteen, Wade Bowen, Randy Rogers, U2, George Strait (without Friends in Low Places), Vince Gill and Sarah Darling.

Lowland_Kid
12-05-2015, 02:09 AM
Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks!!

The Fever
12-05-2015, 06:19 AM
I'm sorry i would love Luke Bryan. I quite like him. Think they would be great together.

garthcop
12-05-2015, 10:15 AM
That would be the fastest way for Garth to become relevant with today's radio audience.

Skywise
12-06-2015, 03:03 AM
Ugh- not Dixie chicks (pers. opinion).. hmm.... who would I like to hear a duet w/ Garth wise? hmmm. How about Carrie Underwood? That could work...

Lowland_Kid
12-06-2015, 01:15 PM
The question wasn't who he should NOT sing a duet with... :smirk:

Skywise
12-06-2015, 02:12 PM
The question wasn't who he should NOT sing a duet with... :smirk:

I'm quite aware of that- any member of the twits though would be a bad choice :smirk:

And you'll note I mentioned it was my opinion

ElectricOutcast
12-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Ugh- not Dixie chicks (pers. opinion).. hmm.... who would I like to hear a duet w/ Garth wise? hmmm. How about Carrie Underwood? That could work...

For the record: your reasons are more than likely different from mine but I agree in full with you about the Chicks and Garth, I couldn't stand those three at their prime and I sure as hell won't support them now because of how my mother overplayed their stuff all the time.

Getting back on topic, in terms of Garth doing duets, maybe put some further input onto my choices of partners I figure why not input ideas for what songs they might perform.

Garth and Springsteen: A song they would either co-write or The Boss wrote himself.

Garth and Wade Bowen: A rendition of "To Live is To Fly" by Townes Van Zandt or a remake of "Burning Bridges"

Randy Rogers Band: a song about passionate romance

U2: A charity single about AIDS or a tribute song to victims of recent massacres

George Strait: a version of "El Dorado" from Hold My Beer vol. 1

Vince Gill: I still think he would've been a good fit on "Rodeo and Juliet"

Sarah Darling: Another May-December romance song but this time in the vain of "Same Ole Story"

Honorable mentions: Jason Isbell and Garth doing a Neil Young song

Billy Joel: and no not a remake of "Shameless" more an original song.

Skywise
12-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Hmm- I like George Strait as a duet partner, but don't know what song (haven't heard the one you're mentioning)...

Billy Joel- yeah, anything but Shameless (done already, in billy's Shea stadium show) and You may be right (wasn't that in the central park show) (I know Ive heard em do it..)

thinking about it- would Garth 'give the rub' to a younger more up and coming artist, or stick to an established 'legend' or 'headliner' type of act? what genre of music would make the most sense for a duet? (artist, or song I guess.) what about a classic christmas duet with say, a digitized Bing crosby or burl ives, or something out of the box thinking wise like that?

ElectricOutcast
12-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Hmm- I like George Strait as a duet partner, but don't know what song (haven't heard the one you're mentioning)...

Look up Wade Bowen and Randy Rogers' Hold My Beer vol 1, it's probably one of most solid country albums ever recorded in a very long time.

Lowland_Kid
12-07-2015, 07:32 AM
Well, your opinion on MY opinion was not asked!

And just stating that it IS your opinion doesn't change that!

I'm quite aware of that- any member of the twits though would be a bad choice :smirk:

And you'll note I mentioned it was my opinion

ElectricOutcast
01-06-2016, 11:51 PM
Apparently on Instagram Garth did a repost of Mike Fisher (Carrie Underwood's husband) singing "The River" from the looks of things if we're lucky, not technically looking at a Garth/Carrie duet but a Garth/Mike duet at the Bridgestone Arena.

Garthmedic
01-07-2016, 11:30 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAM99unw_xI/

The Fever
01-07-2016, 01:23 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAM99unw_xI/

This is kind of cool. He's really hinting big time that Nashville will be last on the American side of the world tour. It hasn't been the only time either.

Why prep the fans and tell them of the ending two years in advance? Because, originally, this was meant to go on until 2018. I don't understand the two years notice. Unless if Nashville will come towards the end of the year or early next year. And then an international tour from him in 2017.

Brett Dale
01-07-2016, 04:16 PM
This is kind of cool. He's really hinting big time that Nashville will be last on the American side of the world tour. It hasn't been the only time either.

Why prep the fans and tell them of the ending two years in advance? Because, originally, this was meant to go on until 2018. I don't understand the two years notice. Unless if Nashville will come towards the end of the year or early next year. And then an international tour from him in 2017.

If hes talking the end of the american tour, why he is doing Canada in march then vegas in july.

YouSoundBitter
01-07-2016, 08:06 PM
It's probably more of a North American leg of the tour, with very few Canadian dates (1?)! lol

The Fever
01-08-2016, 03:10 AM
If hes talking the end of the american tour, why he is doing Canada in march then vegas in july.

I wouldn't have a clue but the end is coming. Ha ha