PDA

View Full Version : The Future Garth and Trisha Christmas album

Charles
11-29-2015, 11:34 AM
I've been playing my Garth Christmas albums today which got me to thinking.

When (and if) we do get the Christmas Duets album, what classic songs would you like to hear?

I'm sure it will have some new originals and some classic Christmas songs.

I'd love Little Drummer Boy!

Skywise
11-29-2015, 02:43 PM
I'd love little drummer boy too, but I don't want to hear it big band versioned, or some big instrument duet.. . I'd rather hear it simple and acoustic... if a duet, a simple one...

maybe oh holy night.. they could redo 'there's a new kid in town' which I think Trisha had on her christmas album.. winter wonderland.... who knows..

Matt B.
11-29-2015, 02:49 PM
They play Garth's version of Sleigh Ride at my work...it's pretty awesome. I would like the idea of a simple Christmas album without that big band like Skywise said.

ElectricOutcast
11-29-2015, 03:44 PM
they could redo 'there's a new kid in town' which I think Trisha had on her christmas album

I wish he'd have done a version of his own in past records, I know both Strait and Alan Jackson done very good versions, I think Garth doing the song would be a knock out of the park.

Mr_Sevens
11-29-2015, 04:07 PM
I personally love the big band sound on The Magic of Christmas, but I suppose a "simpler" sound would be nice too.

I'd love to hear them do "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)".

ElectricOutcast
11-29-2015, 05:54 PM
I personally love the big band sound on The Magic of Christmas, but I suppose a "simpler" sound would be nice too.

I liked the big band sound of that album as well but I can see why some of us weren't wild about it, especially because there were a few arrangements that he did that just made me cringe a bit.

Let it Snow and Sleigh Ride being the big examples because they were just too over the top.

YouSoundBitter
11-30-2015, 01:17 AM
I love the fact that BTS is traditional country and then TMOC is big band, so I have a choice depending on my mood. I also like how BTS is a little more spiritual then TMOC is just fun! I hope they mix the new album up, don't really have a thyme with it.

On a side note, once he realized the new album wasn't coming out this year, he should've released a bundle called BEYOND THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS with both albums through GhostTunes...

Skywise
11-30-2015, 01:29 AM
I liked bits and pieces of TMOC... But on the whole, if I wanted to hear an album of big bang type of sounds.. I'd have angled for and/or bought such an album- Garth's a country artist- I'm not saying he should have played honky tonk music the whole time, but honestly BTS was a FAR better album, IMO.. There are some gems on TMOC.. b ut on the whole- it's not something I'd go out of my way to hear/listen to if it wasn't GArth- and it's not often I go out of my way even when it is him...

YouSoundBitter
11-30-2015, 03:57 AM
Oh without a doubt, I love BTS and like TMOC, if I'm by myself its usually BTS, but when/if I entertain people or we are opening presents, its TMOC playing in the background.