PDA

View Full Version : GB Broken Cell Wipes out Music for New Album

cissie
11-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Garth Brooks' Broken Cell Phone Wipes Out Music for New Album
Six months worth of new tunes are lost with "fried" phone
BY ANDREW LEAHEY September 29, 2015

Looking to whip up some buzz for last year's Man Against Machine album, Garth Brooks got social last November, launching his own Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts in the same week. Less than a year later, though, he's shaking his fist at modern technology.

A fried cell phone may have just set back production on the icon's next album. Speaking with Milwaukee's Journal Sentinel before last weekend's pair of sold-out shows at the Bradley Center, Brooks admitted that he's been storing ideas for new songs on a personal cell phone that recently stopped working.

"Here's where the old guy gets into technology, which is bad," he explained. "All the new stuff which I've been working on for six months was on a phone that's been fried, and I can't get the phone to come back up. . . It's like losing your briefcase back in the Nineties!"

There's also a possible delay on a duets album with wife Trisha Yearwood, who tells the Sentinel that the Christmas collection they're working on won't likely be out in time for the 2015 holiday season.

Meanwhile, the married superstars continue to keep busy on the road, thanks to an ongoing, cross-country tour that's on track to become one of the highest-grossing concert treks of all time. The Garth Brooks World Tour With Trisha Yearwood has stayed within America's borders thus far, with a foreign leg possibly popping up next year. New U.S. cities are still being announced, with Brooks and Yearwood wrapping up their year with multi-show residencies in Cleveland, Phoenix, Salt Lake City and San Diego.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/garth-brooks-broken-cell-phone-wipes-out-music-for-new-album-20150929

garthcop
11-12-2015, 11:13 AM
That would explain a lot

Skywise
11-12-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm still calling shenanigans on this one. Can't say I totally believe Garth here... He isn't that 'non smart'

Emerald Isle
11-12-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm still calling shenanigans on this one. Can't say I totally believe Garth here... He isn't that 'non smart'

Agreed. Especially since he said it stopped working while he was in Brazil, which was late August. So if he really had intended for the album to come out in November, it's incredibly hard to believe that he hadn't spent ANY time in the studio before then.

Brett Dale
11-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Thats quite an old new report, September 29th.

Hopefully we will have a update soon.

Charles
11-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Maybe Garth will just put out a surprise album..

I mean Eric Church did that....George Strait did that....

Come on GARTH you can do that!

Skywise
11-13-2015, 01:10 AM
though if there's anything we know, it's that Garth isn't into doing things because others have done it.... (even when he should)

cissie
11-13-2015, 04:25 AM
and do you guys all remember when he did the big huge press conference announcing his comeback, tour, digital music release, ghosttunes, and all that... during that press conference he said that he had recorded so much music that there was a possibility that his first album back may be a double album... ok obviously it didn't turnout that way BUT if he already had that much stuff recorded and ready to go then why would there even have been an issue with anything being on his phone in the first place..it wouldn't matter if he had a thousands songs on his phone, cause he already had the music recorded and ready to go, according to what he himself said during his own press conference. he said he had enogh to make a double album, which implies to me that he already had it recorded and on disc, and ready to go... so yes just simply going on the what the man said himself,i think the whole phone thing is crap... and i also think its crap that he PROMISED AN ALBUM IN 2015, when he released his bundle, and unless he is going to suprises us with it very soon,then i think he, at the very least,owes his FAITHFUL, AND WAITING,AND EXPECTING, FANS and apology for not delivering what he promised, and a real and truthful explanation of why we are not getting it, and not all of this stalling and backtracking, and lies about busted phones

garthcop
11-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Maybe he's just an artist who has become out of touch with reality and his fans. You could see it being possible. How long can you actually be a celebrity of his standing with awesome gigs like Las Vegas and world tours that you only have to play when you want to while never having to worry about money and retiring and un-retiring when you want to yet still relate to the average person?

Emerald Isle
11-15-2015, 03:52 PM
Posted this in the TV thread... but figured it was okay to post here as well.

Garth is scheduled to be on Entertainment Tonight on Friday, 11/20.

It is possible he is going to drop a surprise release that day? Maybe? Why else would he suddenly have a TV appearance?

This will be on a Friday when they release new music, and it will be the week before Thanksgiving, when he most likes to release stuff. And it would resolve the bogus fried-phone-means-no-new-album-in-2015 story he's been trying to sell.

If so... great. But trying to go up against Adele would prove to be difficult at best.

Brett Dale
11-15-2015, 05:08 PM
Posted this in the TV thread... but figured it was okay to post here as well.

Garth is scheduled to be on Entertainment Tonight on Friday, 11/20.

It is possible he is going to drop a surprise release that day? Maybe? Why else would he suddenly have a TV appearance?

This will be on a Friday when they release new music, and it will be the week before Thanksgiving, when he most likes to release stuff. And it would resolve the bogus fried-phone-means-no-new-album-in-2015 story he's been trying to sell.

If so... great. But trying to go up against Adele would prove to be difficult at best.

Wow, that would be great if its a new album!!

BLL
11-15-2015, 09:22 PM
He was presented an Icon Award by ET to celebrate their 35th year.

wimpy77
11-16-2015, 02:09 AM
though if there's anything we know, it's that Garth isn't into doing things because others have done it.... (even when he should)

I'm starting to agree with your premise. I don't believe he fried anything. I believe he just didn't have time to record an album and had to find a way to cover his tracks.

YouSoundBitter
11-16-2015, 03:19 AM
Or he could've just blamed it on the tour doing better than he expected and didn't have time to finish it on time. Whatever the reason is, nobody knows for sure so there isn't any reason to start calling people a liar...

darkcountry
11-16-2015, 09:38 AM
Maybe Garth will just put out a surprise album..

I mean Eric Church did that....George Strait did that....

Come on GARTH you can do that!

i can absolutely see him doing this on Black Friday.