PDA

View Full Version : Just Heard from Ghost Tunes :-)

Brett Dale
09-18-2015, 01:14 AM
I asked them does the bundle include the duet xmas album with Trisha or a new studio
album, they replied....

GhostTunes ‏@GhostTunes 2h2 hours ago

Hi The bundle includes a 2015 studio album release :)

So there we have it, a new studio album for 2015!!!

YouSoundBitter
09-18-2015, 03:37 AM
Yes!!!!!

coco1997
09-18-2015, 12:11 PM
You'd think something would be announced pretty soon, wouldn't you? Only about 3.5 months left in 2015...

darkcountry
09-18-2015, 12:43 PM
You'd think something would be announced pretty soon, wouldn't you? Only about 3.5 months left in 2015...

He might be planning a surprise release? Artists who have done it so far have gotten a great deal of press. It would drive traffic to GhostTunes also if that is the only place to get the new album for X number of weeks.

coco1997
09-18-2015, 01:13 PM
He might be planning a surprise release? Artists who have done it so far have gotten a great deal of press. It would drive traffic to GhostTunes also if that is the only place to get the new album for X number of weeks.

I suggested this very thing in a different thread. I hope we're both right.

Mr_Sevens
09-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Garth said in an interview yesterday that they would start releasing songs well before the album. So I'm thinking we WILL get new music in 2015, but not the full album until early 2016

Emerald Isle
09-21-2015, 01:37 AM
I might be reading into it too much, but I'm not sure what GhostTunes told you necessarily means we'll get the album this year. They told you the bundle includes a 2015 studio album release, but that sounds to me like nothing more than a repeat of the bundle's description that we've had since it came out last year, and not exactly a 100% confirmation that there will be an album released this fall.

We'll see though. Hope they meant what you're thinking they meant and not what I think they meant.

wimpy77
09-21-2015, 01:51 AM
Doesn't Garth typical like October album announcements so they will be out during the holiday season?

allisonv7
09-21-2015, 08:20 AM
I might be reading into it too much, but I'm not sure what GhostTunes told you necessarily means we'll get the album this year. They told you the bundle includes a 2015 studio album release, but that sounds to me like nothing more than a repeat of the bundle's description that we've had since it came out last year, and not exactly a 100% confirmation that there will be an album released this fall.

We'll see though. Hope they meant what you're thinking they meant and not what I think they meant.

That's what I took the statement to mean as well.... I think it's more regurgitating the bundle description than offering new information. With the bundle though he's a little more committed to this date than he would be something said in passing. Crossing my fingers that the lost phone doesn't become an issue and he's able to get this thing completed!

Emerald Isle
09-21-2015, 08:41 AM
Doesn't Garth typical like October album announcements so they will be out during the holiday season?

Man Against Machine was announced on September 4th last year.

BIAOMR, however, was only announced like 2 weeks before it was released.

So, hard to say what his pattern is considering we haven't had any albums released under "normal" conditions since Sevens.

mvhuenen
09-22-2015, 05:17 AM
nothing new here - when they originally released the bindle they specifically announced that it included all previous albums, the nwe 2014 album and a 2015 album release. So yes its coming, but we knew that when Man against the machine was released :)

Paula
09-24-2015, 04:46 PM
If you listen to this interview that took place this morning out of Salt Lake City (https://soundcloud.com/wyoradio/garth-brooks-on-965-kqsw-092415), Garth talked about the new record that is "hopefully going to start coming out either this fall or early spring" so there's a good possibility that the 2015 release is going to be delayed.

Paula

Emerald Isle
09-24-2015, 05:50 PM
If you listen to this interview that took place this morning out of Salt Lake City (https://soundcloud.com/wyoradio/garth-brooks-on-965-kqsw-092415), Garth talked about the new record that is "hopefully going to start coming out either this fall or early spring" so there's a good possibility that the 2015 release is going to be delayed.

Paula

Unless he's planning a surprise release, I'd say that's confirmation that we won't get the entire new album this year. A single maybe, but not the album. "Spring" usually means March or April-ish too. Bummer. Oh well.

I'd guess we will still get the Christmas album this year, and maybe the No Fences reissue (yawn), but that's probably it.

Brett Dale
09-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Oh wow. I guess it's just a xmas duet album with Trisha. (wont be buying it) I also dont think he will release an album around march or april, not a Garth thing to do.
It will probably be more like a summer release or even november of 2016.

Garth has a huge body of work, maybe its time to be a, "Legend on the road" you know just tour and not worry about anything else, even interviews and such.

I also think Garth and Trisha are both in for a shock, a xmas album wont even sell 250K in its entire run.

darkcountry
09-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Oh wow. I guess it's just a xmas duet album with Trisha. (wont be buying it) I also dont think he will release an album around march or april, not a Garth thing to do.
It will probably be more like a summer release or even november of 2016.

Garth has a huge body of work, maybe its time to be a, "Legend on the road" you know just tour and not worry about anything else, even interviews and such.

I also think Garth and Trisha are both in for a shock, a xmas album wont even sell 250K in its entire run.

It'll go platinum on his name alone. Hell, if Duck Dynasty can get a multi platinum record from a Christmas album in the current market and Kelly Clarkson could with hers, Garth will too. I see it going at least platinum and being a surprise holiday hit

Brett Dale
09-24-2015, 11:34 PM
I guess it depends on the marketing and how they go about it.

I mean who wouldve thought that Man against machine wouldve only sold 670 thousand copies in its first ten months.

A xmas album will only have a short life span.

darkcountry
09-25-2015, 12:32 AM

I mean who wouldve thought that Man against machine wouldve only sold 670 thousand copies in its first ten months.

That's the other thing, Christmas albums die out the first week of January. As for Man Against Machine, none of his digital sales were counted. He may have gone platinum

Mr_Sevens
09-25-2015, 02:52 AM

A lot of us that that was entirely possible.

Brett Dale
09-25-2015, 07:38 PM
There is no way I thought that. Even if the album had of been bad, I thought Garth's comeback album would at less sell 2-3 million and Im talking actual sales (soundscan) not shipments. (riaa)

But it seems Garth and Ghost tunes could care less about the soundscan numbers or even the Billboard
charts.

The only thing that seems to matter is the RIAA.

Its looking like we will never get the actual numbers from Ghost tunes for man against machine or any project he does with them.

Again with the xmas album, I dont think it will be big, and if for some reason he cancels tv promotion work again, then it might be record low numbers for him. especially since we dont get the ghost tunes numbers which will be
the majority of his sales.

garthcop
09-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Maybe he will wake up soon and see that nobody else cares about the RIAA crap. That is so 1990s. People just want good music they can access easily (aka Itunes). If writers get screwed, it's not Garth's job to fight for them. They can form a union of some kind and go on strike. But I think that's just an excuse to repackage his stuff and keep increasing the RIAA numbers. Not that he doesn't care for the writers because he is a good guy. But this is just the nature of the business and he doesn't have the power like he once did to change things and the record companies know this. In the meantime, the only young people he will hit it big with who can allow him to have a few more number one hits again will be the ones who get to see him in concert, which is a limited number. Everyone else will say "whatever" to the whole ghost tunes concept while he misses out on a huge audience he could be impacting. Come on Garth!

garthcop
09-25-2015, 08:11 PM
He who dies with the most album sells, still dies.

Paula
09-25-2015, 09:47 PM
A couple of video clips from the press conference earlier today, one with Garth that perhaps explains the delay in the studio album, and one with Trisha that mentions the Christmas album that probably won't be out this year.

Paula

Emerald Isle
09-25-2015, 09:56 PM
Do you have links to the clips?

wimpy77
09-25-2015, 09:57 PM
Do you have links to the clips?

was about to ask the same thing.

Brett Dale
09-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Maybe he will wake up soon and see that nobody else cares about the RIAA crap. That is so 1990s. People just want good music they can access easily (aka Itunes). If writers get screwed, it's not Garth's job to fight for them. They can form a union of some kind and go on strike. But I think that's just an excuse to repackage his stuff and keep increasing the RIAA numbers. Not that he doesn't care for the writers because he is a good guy. But this is just the nature of the business and he doesn't have the power like he once did to change things and the record companies know this. In the meantime, the only young people he will hit it big with who can allow him to have a few more number one hits again will be the ones who get to see him in concert, which is a limited number. Everyone else will say "whatever" to the whole ghost tunes concept while he misses out on a huge audience he could be impacting. Come on Garth!

Agree 100%, you explained it way better than I could.

garthcop
09-25-2015, 10:52 PM
thank you:)

wimpy77
09-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Here you go. This should explain why. http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/musicandnightlife/garth-brooks-lost-all-the-new-songs-he-recorded-in-the-last-six-months-b99584558z1-329600251.html

He apparently lost everything he's recorded in the last six months.

Paula
09-25-2015, 11:47 PM
Here you go. This should explain why. http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/musicandnightlife/garth-brooks-lost-all-the-new-songs-he-recorded-in-the-last-six-months-b99584558z1-329600251.html

He apparently lost everything he's recorded in the last six months. Thanks...I didn't realize I forgot to include the link.

Paula

Brett Dale
09-25-2015, 11:57 PM
He recorded the new album on a phone? and it was fried?

The Fever
09-26-2015, 12:09 AM
He recorded the new album on a phone? and it was fried?

For someone that was never into technology? I don't believe it for two seconds.

Brett Dale
09-26-2015, 12:27 AM
Do people do that now though?

Perhaps hes recorded it on his phone, and was going to take it to a studio, listen to it, and then use the
studio to record it for an album?

wimpy77
09-26-2015, 12:52 AM
Do people do that now though?

Perhaps hes recorded it on his phone, and was going to take it to a studio, listen to it, and then use the
studio to record it for an album?

you record it with pro tools and if you want, you can transfer it anywhere. If he put on his phone without a backup then that's his fault. I'm sure it's on a hard drive somewhere. If not then that's one stupid mistake.

Brett Dale
09-26-2015, 01:02 AM
I like to know who the hell is advising Garth.

If he has lost six months of work, then that's horrific.

How would it get it back? if the phone has been damaged?

As you can tell Im not a tech guy.

Emerald Isle
09-26-2015, 02:44 AM
If it's true, then I'm guessing he had mostly recorded demos and perhaps song ideas and hadn't actually recorded anything in the studio yet.

But still... Doing that without a backup? Crazy.

wimpy77
09-26-2015, 03:02 AM
If it's true, then I'm guessing he had mostly recorded demos and perhaps song ideas and hadn't actually recorded anything in the studio yet.

But still... Doing that without a backup? Crazy.

You could be right about that. We don't really know. I was thinking after I posted my message that Garth wouldn't have recorded an album without backup on a hard drive. It had to be demos or song ideas.

coco1997
09-26-2015, 03:13 PM
I hate to say it but this makes Garth looks really idiotic.

darkcountry
09-28-2015, 06:40 PM
So now Garth album this fall and no Christmas duet album now.

I was able to handle a delay in Garth's album. But to lose so much work must be devastating. As for the Duet album, anytime Trisha is involve I know to expect several years of delays and getting something that is only kind of what she promised.

We were getting a "new studio album" for like 3 years and it was "already done" then we got a hits repackage with a few new songs all pulled together around the same time. :^o I love her and she'll always be my # 1 favorite, but sometimes I wish she would just say nothing until like a week before it happens. :*(

Skywise
09-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Or, (and this is just a thought).. Garth could be telling a fib... the whole phone thing could be a lie.. or mistruth, or misdirection. just saying

Brett Dale
09-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Or, (and this is just a thought).. Garth could be telling a fib... the whole phone thing could be a lie.. or mistruth, or misdirection. just saying

But would his motivation be? He has to have a motive.

Why wouldnt he just say, "The album isnt ready, we are looking for a spring 2016 release, now"

Why make up a story about a phone. I mean he doesnt really need an excuse? Surly the only reason he would say it, is if it actually happened??

Or am I totally wrong on this??? Am Im not seeing something?

BLL
09-28-2015, 10:47 PM
I re-read the article- the phone had songs he was writing; I don't see (unless I'm really tired and missing it) that he lost the album.

Emerald Isle
09-28-2015, 11:59 PM

Good to see you post, Scott! Been wondering what your thoughts are on the latest rumors.

Skywise
09-29-2015, 12:51 AM
But would his motivation be? He has to have a motive.

Why wouldnt he just say, "The album isnt ready, we are looking for a spring 2016 release, now"

Why make up a story about a phone. I mean he doesnt really need an excuse? Surly the only reason he would say it, is if it actually happened?? in all probability you're right- he wouldn't- bit it is a possibility... (like I said, it's just a thought).. certainly wouldn't be the first lie he's told in his life I'm sure.. probably not the first one he's told as an artist.. most certainly not the first one he's told since he was retired- he's a fallen human being after all..

Or am I totally wrong on this??? Am Im not seeing something?
like I said it was just a thought- ....

Brett Dale
09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Nothing new, but rollling stone has reported on it. I think its safe to say, nothing at all will be released from Garth this year.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/garth-brooks-broken-cell-phone-wipes-out-music-for-new-album-20150929

Brett Dale
09-29-2015, 05:57 PM
apparently he fried it in Brazil. I actually fried my phone visiting the states, so I guess different countries have different power outlets and such.

Anyway, savingcountrymusic is now reporting on it.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/so-apparently-all-of-garths-new-music-is-on-a-phone-that-he-fried-cant-power-back-up

The Fever
09-29-2015, 09:20 PM
apparently he fried it in Brazil. I actually fried my phone visiting the states, so I guess different countries have different power outlets and such.

Anyway, savingcountrymusic is now reporting on it.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/so-apparently-all-of-garths-new-music-is-on-a-phone-that-he-fried-cant-power-back-up

He fried it in Brazil?

That was in August. Surely the album would have been completed by then? Especially since the plan was a fall release.

And what happened to the double album from last year. That was pulled. Are they going to release that or is that gone missing too?

Skywise
09-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Something doesn't add up-

1- if in brazil, there would have been SOME sort of preparations for the new album already... which would have meant most likely a recording or data....

2- phones today... flash memory... not a physical hard dive.... other online comments about phones being in water (was it water ? do we know that for certain) and recvering data have shown up.. something's not adding up..

3- Garth's a dinosaur, but I would like to think he's more brontosaurus than barney.. more real than clown.. smarter than your average bear, etc... again, it simply doesn't add up...

maybe if Garth hadn't been so stubborn and refusal minded when it came to the digital world / 21st century this may have been avoided.. I think still that something isn't right.....

who's not telling the truth or is changing the story somehow- media? (not unheard of) Garth? (again, possible, but would damage his rep if he's lying..).. who knows

Brett Dale
09-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Something doesn't add up-

1- if in brazil, there would have been SOME sort of preparations for the new album already... which would have meant most likely a recording or data....

2- phones today... flash memory... not a physical hard dive.... other online comments about phones being in water (was it water ? do we know that for certain) and recvering data have shown up.. something's not adding up..

3- Garth's a dinosaur, but I would like to think he's more brontosaurus than barney.. more real than clown.. smarter than your average bear, etc... again, it simply doesn't add up...

maybe if Garth hadn't been so stubborn and refusal minded when it came to the digital world / 21st century this may have been avoided.. I think still that something isn't right.....

who's not telling the truth or is changing the story somehow- media? (not unheard of) Garth? (again, possible, but would damage his rep if he's lying..).. who knows

Good points, its the motive behind it though, why not just say "Album has been delayed, some songs didnt quite work with the feel or the album" Or say "With a change in the people running sony nashville, I feel it best to delay the album"

Why come up with the frying of a phone story????

Unless (and this is probably being too optimistic) its all part of a plan to surprise his fans, making us think there
will be a delayed, then he will release the album Beyonce style.

But its all just been part of this comeback which has had so many many errors, which is a shame since
man against machine was a brilliant album and his tour is breaking records everywhere.

Its just the errors are starting to get a little tiresome.

Emerald Isle
09-29-2015, 11:27 PM
Its just the errors are starting to get a little tiresome.

Hey, at least he didn't announce that he was going to make an announcement about the phone being fried, right?

I agree. Something about it all is just off.

But really, it's almost par for the course since the comeback. Remember all the hiccups and delays and crap last year? Well, same crap, new year.

It's almost like his MO is to announce stuff that'll never happen. The most awesome example this year has been the FILP remake. It was announced for no more than 24 hours before news of its delay broke. It's almost like once he heard about the royalty dispute, he announced it just so he could then announce the delay the next day.

I dunno. Whatever. Is what it is.

Mr_Sevens
09-30-2015, 12:06 PM
Something about this doesn't sit right with me either. For one thing, Garth wrote a fairly long post about the phone incident on his Facebook page two weeks. Why is it just now being written about? Seems strange to me.

And I second the thoughts that there's no way this entire album only existed on his phone as late as August. That would be crazy!

Emerald Isle
09-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Something about this doesn't sit right with me either. For one thing, Garth wrote a fairly long post about the phone incident on his Facebook page two weeks. Why is it just now being written about? Seems strange to me.

And I second the thoughts that there's no way this entire album only existed on his phone as late as August. That would be crazy!

One thought I had was that he wanted to delay the 2015 album anyway (heavily rumored since last Spring), but because he'd promised to deliver a Fall 2015 album in the bundle, he's "cooked" up this phone story to justify holding it off until next year.

Brett Dale
10-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Ghost Tunes still has on their webpage with the bundle "a 2015 studio album"

Skywise
10-02-2015, 07:45 PM
I won't hold my breath, but it certainly kinda chinks away at good will and credibility if things don't happen the way they've been promoted for MONTHS

wimpy77
10-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Who cares what they have on a website.

Brett Dale
10-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Surly they wouldve changed it, if they knew there was no chance of it going ahead.

Emerald Isle
10-03-2015, 12:14 AM
Surly they wouldve changed it, if they knew there was no chance of it going ahead.

Are you kidding? Didn't the bundle still say "Fall 2014 Studio Album" until late November last year, like 3 weeks after Man Against Machine was released? We commented on it because the title and cover were announced in early September, and they didn't update the bundle description for months.

Brett Dale
10-03-2015, 07:13 PM
One thing that I cant get out of mind, say if another major artist did this, in any genre. Wouldnt the record label have their top IT guys trying to get the information off the
phone, wouldnt the artist themselves have a whole team of people who know about this stuff, advising him, wouldnt their be a crap load of legal stuff also, because labels,
retail outlets,online downloading sites, wouldve had a date and a set plan of marketing that would reley on a specific date.

I also think an IT expert would know straight away if the material on the phone would be able to be retrieved?

It's not like Garth is playing with his phone himself trying to get it back working.

For the record label hes worth millions and I would think they would have their top guys working on it?

I mean what is the actual procedure here?

Skywise
10-03-2015, 07:15 PM
I kinda agree.. and it really makes me wonder more and more about Garth... Is he really that stupid (sorry to say it like that) or is he not telling the whole truth....

BLL
10-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Bear in mind guys, he was using a Nextel flip phone-probably not as easily backed up as an android or I phone. He's an admitted Luddite.

wimpy77
10-03-2015, 10:46 PM
I'm thinking that some people on this forum aren't that bright. Some of you people have the mindset that he's obligated to release a record this year because a freaking website said so. HE'S NOT!!! Get over it.

Mr_Sevens
10-03-2015, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking that some people on this forum aren't that bright. Some of you people have the mindset that he's obligated to release a record this year because a freaking website said so. HE'S NOT!!! Get over it.

I tend to agree. This is really much ado about nothing. A delay is annoying but not rare in the music industry.

Brett Dale
10-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Garth can do what he wants, if he wanted to stay retired, then thats his choice, if he wants to come out and say "I will record no new music" then again its choice.

My problem has been the announcement of certain projects and then not going through with them or delaying them.

Eg: Friends in low places with strait, the irish concerts, movie with sandra bullock, movie with martin Scorsese, duet with paul mccartney, announcing tv appearances and then cancelling them, delaying
of album releases, the album is going to be a double album then its not, going with ghost tunes a site that is very secretive about their numbers.

Again these are all his choices and he owes nobody nothing. Kinda wish though he would wait until something is certain, then tell the public about it.

Beleive me as soon as his new album is released I will be buying it on day one, and if he ever came back to NZ for a concert, I will be first in line to buy tickets.

garthcop
10-04-2015, 01:22 AM
You know. When I saw him in Dallas a couple of weeks ago I saw the new things he added to his concert. Which basically was only video clips being played during the songs he sang. He had some footage of him in his prime in the 90s. After I saw it it was kind of hard to see the rest of the concert the same way. Cause on the stage was an older, over weight man, who had to stop and get his breath between each song. He was still good. But not what he once was. Maybe the best way to enjoy Garth is to live in the past of his career like he is doing. That is the entertainer that once ruled the world. For whatever reason his plan of rolling out new stuff hasn't worked. But that happened with release date of Sevens and the whole Chris Gaines project which really had good music. It was just easier to overlook then.

Lowland_Kid
10-04-2015, 04:06 AM
I fully agree with this. (With a little note that Ireland was not his fault.) But the way things are going, we can't ever believe that Garth is going to deliver what he says he will. The most recent thing was his "all new show". *rolling eyes*

Garth can do what he wants, if he wanted to stay retired, then thats his choice, if he wants to come out and say "I will record no new music" then again its choice.

My problem has been the announcement of certain projects and then not going through with them or delaying them.

Eg: Friends in low places with strait, the irish concerts, movie with sandra bullock, movie with martin Scorsese, duet with paul mccartney, announcing tv appearances and then cancelling them, delaying
of album releases, the album is going to be a double album then its not, going with ghost tunes a site that is very secretive about their numbers.

Again these are all his choices and he owes nobody nothing. Kinda wish though he would wait until something is certain, then tell the public about it.

Beleive me as soon as his new album is released I will be buying it on day one, and if he ever came back to NZ for a concert, I will be first in line to buy tickets.

Lowland_Kid
10-04-2015, 04:08 AM
I can't fully agree with this. When I saw him in Pittsburgh, he seemed to have incredible energy! Sure he IS a middle aged, overweight guy. But MAN he put up a show that would make 23 year olds winded long before he was! :)

You know. When I saw him in Dallas a couple of weeks ago I saw the new things he added to his concert. Which basically was only video clips being played during the songs he sang. He had some footage of him in his prime in the 90s. After I saw it it was kind of hard to see the rest of the concert the same way. Cause on the stage was an older, over weight man, who had to stop and get his breath between each song. He was still good. But not what he once was. Maybe the best way to enjoy Garth is to live in the past of his career like he is doing. That is the entertainer that once ruled the world. For whatever reason his plan of rolling out new stuff hasn't worked. But that happened with release date of Sevens and the whole Chris Gaines project which really had good music. It was just easier to overlook then.

YouSoundBitter
10-04-2015, 07:14 AM
I've seen him 3 times this tour and I believe when Garth is catching his breath after a song, I think he's just playing up the 119 years old now card. He's a funny guy, the Vegas shows that perfectly.
I do think he gives 110 percent and is wore out after the show.

garthcop
10-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Well in Dallas he had to pause to actually catch his breath. He was even cussing about it.

jturtels
10-04-2015, 04:51 PM
I do have to say that I'm tired of the "______ is going to happen"...and then it doesn't. In fact, I've become quite used to it. I didn't buy the whole "World Tour 2.0" thing...in fact I said on this board I figured it would be basically the exact same show. I think a lot of it is Garth trying to create excitement and drama. It worked in the 90s...but it's a different world now. Even if you go back to when Ghost Tunes was announced, he was on one of the morning shows saying that the World Tour news was nothing compared to what was coming soon...which ended up being Ghost Tunes.

In regards to Garth being out of breath, yeah...I think he is sometimes....but I also think some of that is for the same reason as above....it's for show. When he bends over and shakes his head, I think it's sort of a nod to the crowd. Almost a "wow, you guys are so great I can't keep up with you" type thing. But is he out of breath? Sure. I would be too. That's why a lot of current pop artists lip sync. They're dancing around and stuff so much they'd be out of breath too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I really blame Garth's sub-par comeback on Man Against Machine. To me, it's just not a great album. The whole thing was a bit strange really...the cover...some of the songs, etc. I don't, however, think Garth is done. In the end, we might look back at MAM and realize it was a good "Hey, I'm back" album...but the next album HAS to be dead on. If Garth is going to be Garth again, so much depends on this next album. To me, there has to be at least 2 radio-friendly "Garth" songs on this upcoming album. No "Cold Like That" or "Tacoma" songs....we need a song like "That Summer" or a "Wrapped Up in You" type song.

Is Garth doing fine right now? Sure....but what about if he went back to these cities 4 years from now....still doing a "Greatest Hits" type tour...would there be 4, 5, 6 nights of shows? I really don't think so. If this next album is awesome and Garth finds his way back to the radio and TV networks, it COULD be Garth 2.0....or 2.1...or whatever he wants to call it. Regardless, I'll be there...I just hope some new folks will too.

gbkubfan
10-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Interesting article on re-releases from a Beatles fan....
http://www.salon.com/2015/10/04/i_always_give_you_my_money_how_many_times_will_i_b uy_the_same_beatles_records_over_and_over_again/

Brett Dale
10-05-2015, 12:32 AM
Interesting article on re-releases from a Beatles fan....
http://www.salon.com/2015/10/04/i_always_give_you_my_money_how_many_times_will_i_b uy_the_same_beatles_records_over_and_over_again/

Great article!

Brett Dale
10-05-2015, 12:38 AM
I do have to say that I'm tired of the "______ is going to happen"...and then it doesn't. In fact, I've become quite used to it. I didn't buy the whole "World Tour 2.0" thing...in fact I said on this board I figured it would be basically the exact same show. I think a lot of it is Garth trying to create excitement and drama. It worked in the 90s...but it's a different world now. Even if you go back to when Ghost Tunes was announced, he was on one of the morning shows saying that the World Tour news was nothing compared to what was coming soon...which ended up being Ghost Tunes.

In regards to Garth being out of breath, yeah...I think he is sometimes....but I also think some of that is for the same reason as above....it's for show. When he bends over and shakes his head, I think it's sort of a nod to the crowd. Almost a "wow, you guys are so great I can't keep up with you" type thing. But is he out of breath? Sure. I would be too. That's why a lot of current pop artists lip sync. They're dancing around and stuff so much they'd be out of breath too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I really blame Garth's sub-par comeback on Man Against Machine. To me, it's just not a great album. The whole thing was a bit strange really...the cover...some of the songs, etc. I don't, however, think Garth is done. In the end, we might look back at MAM and realize it was a good "Hey, I'm back" album...but the next album HAS to be dead on. If Garth is going to be Garth again, so much depends on this next album. To me, there has to be at least 2 radio-friendly "Garth" songs on this upcoming album. No "Cold Like That" or "Tacoma" songs....we need a song like "That Summer" or a "Wrapped Up in You" type song.

Is Garth doing fine right now? Sure....but what about if he went back to these cities 4 years from now....still doing a "Greatest Hits" type tour...would there be 4, 5, 6 nights of shows? I really don't think so. If this next album is awesome and Garth finds his way back to the radio and TV networks, it COULD be Garth 2.0....or 2.1...or whatever he wants to call it. Regardless, I'll be there...I just hope some new folks will too.

I guess we are all different, but I loved the songs on Man against machine, thought the album was really really good. 12 of the 14 songs were solid efforts, my issue were the two songs he
released as singles, People loving people was bad mainly because I couldnt really make out what he was saying, and the song mom was something that a kindergarten teacher would sing
to the kids. The rest of album was awesome, Tried of Boys, Fish, Rodeo and Juliet and cold like that shouldve been number one singles. The fact that he cancelled tv appearances was insane
considering this was his comeback.

I guess we will see what happens next year, he will sell out every city he goes to multiple times, but yes his next album has to have NO ISSUES at all and has to blow people away.

wimpy77
10-05-2015, 01:31 AM
ill say it. imo i graded man against the machine as a D.

Charles
10-05-2015, 07:37 PM
I grade MAM as Garth's best album since In Pieces..

Just the wrong singles sent to radio.

YouSoundBitter
10-05-2015, 08:57 PM
I loved the album, even FISH grew on me :) I don't really care for All American Kid though. I do think they were poor choices for singles, I think he needs to just release a good country song to radio and not worry so much about a big message with it.

And he did a lot of radio and TV for MAM, he only cancelled an appearance or two around the whole St Louis tour dates.

Emerald Isle
10-05-2015, 11:40 PM
The music itself is one front where I can honestly say that I want Garth to do whatever he wants/feels! I just it to be sincere, and I want him to be passionate about what he's recording. So if that means he has no interest in recording No Fences 2, then fine. Similarly, if MAM was what he was feeling at that time, then great. I wouldn't change a thing, except for maybe sticking with the double album plan. ;)

As for radio, I don't think anything would have really taken off. Radio is such a young and now centered format. While I would have loved to see how Midnight Train would have done, and maybe 1-2 others, I still doubt anything would have taken radio by storm. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see how the next few singles go.

wimpy77
10-06-2015, 12:23 AM
The music itself is one front where I can honestly say that I want Garth to do whatever he wants/feels! I just it to be sincere, and I want him to be passionate about what he's recording. So if that means he has no interest in recording No Fences 2, then fine. Similarly, if MAM was what he was feeling at that time, then great. I wouldn't change a thing, except for maybe sticking with the double album plan. ;)

As for radio, I don't think anything would have really taken off. Radio is such a young and now centered format. While I would have loved to see how Midnight Train would have done, and maybe 1-2 others, I still doubt anything would have taken radio by storm. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see how the next few singles go.

I totally agree with you about radio. Country radio is so format focused just like pop radio. If your music doesn't fall into that, you're not getting played.

Anonymous
10-13-2015, 10:49 AM
Well in Dallas he had to pause to actually catch his breath. He was even cussing about it.

He did the same in Boston, and the crowd loved it! It's all part of the act, so don't worry about it. Also, maybe find some unedited concert footage from back in the day, as I'm sure you'll find him stopping to catch his breath quite a few times on that as well. Pausing to catch his breath while the crowd screams for more has always been a part of the act!

garthcop
10-13-2015, 09:25 PM
I saw him twice in the 90s. One time I was pretty close to the stage. He never did what he does now. Which is fine. He is still willing to give it all for the fans. But he is exhausted. In shirts are more drenched with sweat than they ever were back in the day. But at least we have the privilege of seeming in live again!

Brett Dale
10-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Well since both Garth Brooks and Ghost Tunes website have taken off the "2015" the new studio album, and just has the words "Upcoming album"

I guess the next question will have to be.

When in 2016 will it be released.

He wants to release the xmas album I think around march 2016, is what I heard.

So will the new studio album be for the summer, or around thanksgiving 2016?

It will be worth the wait Im sure. :-)

Garthmedic
10-25-2015, 09:01 PM
*Sigh*.......

Brett Dale
10-25-2015, 09:03 PM
Is sigh because of my impatience of wanting the album to be released or sigh out of frustration that its going to be a longer wait than
we thought for the new album.

Brett Dale
10-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Anyway how the heck is ghosttunes surviving with only 10K hits a day with 34.9 percent of that just being clickbait? According to the
latest analytics.

YouSoundBitter
10-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Christmas in March? That's crazy! I was looking forward to at least getting that album this year. New Garth Christmas music and Star Wars Episode 7 I guess is asking too much. :'( But....I'm pumped up for 2016!

Brett Dale
10-25-2015, 09:56 PM
Christmas in March? That's crazy! I was looking forward to at least getting that album this year. New Garth Christmas music and Star Wars Episode 7 I guess is asking too much. :'( But....I'm pumped up for 2016!

Apparently all the xmas stuff was on Garth's fried phone.

wimpy77
10-25-2015, 10:43 PM
Makes no sense to release a Christmas album in March.

Garthmedic
10-25-2015, 11:22 PM
The latter.....

Emerald Isle
10-25-2015, 11:28 PM
No way he releases the Christmas album in March. That'd make about as much sense as releasing a second Chris Gaines album. I'd say march for a studio release, and then November for the Christmas album, if the Christmas album ever materializes at all.

Whatever. Let it all come when it comes. But the comeback (except for the tour) has been nothing but a land of broken promises and unmet expectations so far.

YouSoundBitter
10-26-2015, 09:07 AM
That would make more sense. New studio lp in March and Christmas one in Oct/Nov.

copinark
10-26-2015, 02:38 PM
I think if you were breaking everything down on a report card it would look like this.

Album: B
Single choices: D
Tour/Marketing: A
Social Media: C

I think before the days of social media when Garth said he had a huge announcement it was met with alot of expectation. Now you kinda have to take it with a grain of salt. The "new" tour that kicked off in Dallas was basically just an upgrade of the video wall.

Brett Dale
10-26-2015, 06:37 PM
I think if you were breaking everything down on a report card it would look like this.

Album: B
Single choices: D
Tour/Marketing: A

I think before the days of social media when Garth said he had a huge announcement it was met with alot of expectation. Now you kinda have to take it with a grain of salt. The "new" tour that kicked off in Dallas was basically just an upgrade of the video wall.

cool report card, for myself it would be

Album: A-
Singles: F
Tour: A+++
Marketing: C
Announcements: Z
Choice of download site: D
Likability: A++

Oh in terms of actual report cards, in New Zealand a C is a pass.

Brett Dale
10-26-2015, 06:47 PM
cool report card, for myself it would be

Album: A-
Singles: F
Tour: A+++
Marketing: C
Announcements: Z
Choice of download site: D
Likability: A++

Garth Continues to give 1000% in his shows, his engery is beyond belief, he does make himself available for those
who need to talk to him, but can be evasive with his answers, hes always eager to please those he meets, but
has a tendency to say hes going to do something and then he doesnt follow through. Hearts in the right place
though.

garthcop
10-27-2015, 03:11 PM
I agree with an A for the album. I listened to it again yesterday and it really is a good album. Just bad marketing and single selection.

Steven75407
10-28-2015, 01:00 AM
why would there be royalty disputes about friends in low places? did dewayne blackwell and earl bud lee say "no, we don't want strait, aldean, urban and FGL to sing it with you". I love Garth as a singer and entertainer and I agree, radio chose the wrong singles for both Scarecrow and MAM. I think All American Kid would have been a great single and it would also be a good song to make a video of. Wrong About You, She's Tired of Boys, Cold Like That are two more that would have been good singles. Not every modern act sings bro-country. Keith Urban, Darius Rucker, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band...so it's not FGL's fault Garth's album didn't do well as it should have. He should have started his own record label and recorded

What I won't understand is Garth's dang attitude against ITunes and You Tube. Is this what his problem is: Does Dean Dillon lose thousands every time one of the classics he wrote for King George Strait is downloaded on iTunes? Is that the reason Garth has this attitude against the digital world?

wimpy77
10-28-2015, 01:54 AM
The royalty dispute is with the songwriters. They want their fair cut and they deserve it. Radio didn't choose the singles, Garth did and did a horrible job doing it. Garth's problem with iTunes ultimately is he wants total control over everything including price point and format. To answer your question about royalties. Songwriters only get about 5% to 9% on download sales which is literally pennies.