PDA

View Full Version : Entertainer of the Year!

Mr_Sevens
09-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Garth was nominated for Entertainer of the Year this morning at the CMA's!

http://billboard.com/entry/view/id/139401

Lowland_Kid
09-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Well deserved!!

copinark
09-09-2015, 02:44 PM
It'll be interesting to see if the association rewards him for such a great year.

Mr_Sevens
09-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Sorry, guys! Looks like my link didn't work. Here's another: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6692297/2015-cma-awards-nominees-gma-announcement-full-list

jturtels
09-09-2015, 11:33 PM
I struggle with this. Of course, I want him to win, but MAM got basically no radio play. I really feel like the tour is sort of a nostalgia thing for people right now....not saying Garth can't get back to the charts...I think he will...I just don't know if he'll win. I guess you have to wonder what the qualifications are for entertainer of the year. Is it tour only? If so, he's obviously got that.

jturtels
09-09-2015, 11:35 PM
One more thing....I really hope Garth's next album is a classic Garth album. Songs like Wolves, etc. MAM never really became special to me. I really feel like country music is begging for some good quality music right now, surely the tides will change soon. Maybe 20 years down the line, we'll look back and realize MAM was just a "getting his foot back in the door" album.

wimpy77
09-10-2015, 01:28 AM
I got a feeling Luke Bryan will win again. But I think since it's the CMA's he has a better chance than at the ACM"s which are nothing more than a popularity contest.

garthcop
09-10-2015, 12:29 PM
You can't deny his numbers and how he sold out 7 seven shows in Dallas in a matter of minutes. I think he has a good chance.

copinark
09-10-2015, 02:59 PM
I think he's got a chance unless he splits the votes with Chesney. That might allow Bryan to slip in for the win.

Skywise
09-11-2015, 12:55 AM
hmm-

personally? I'd love to see him win- I'd love to say he's gonna kick butt, he's gonna win, he'll show them.. Id love to be the positive one..

facts being what they are in today's country landscape..

I don't think that he'll win though- he's just NOT the influence he was once.. he can be again, but not w/o a change of thought.. Man I'd love to be wrong though...

Monakayla
09-13-2015, 07:01 PM
Garth has my vote! I am hoping for a classic Garth sounding album too. Country music is saturated with poor quality stuff. I used to love country concerts. Now there is barely any country concert I want to see. The day George Strait did his last show in Texas Stadium was the day country music died. Now there is no true country artist that is playing the big venues. Garth has the heart, substance, and voice to bring them in. Country radio is the biggest problem. They play the junk, but they don't seem to feel people will listen to the quality stuff. I think they will...if the record labels have the guts to sign the good stuff...and if the radio stations would decide to play it. I used to listen to country radio all the time. Now I listen to sports talk radio or I play my own music collection.