PDA

View Full Version : friends in low places !!!!

Charles
09-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Wow , billboard.com got me excited this morning..
A new recording of FILP with STRAIT, Urban , FGL, and Aldean? Wow! Oh not to forget the third verse too!
I hope this is true!

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/138932

Mr_Sevens
09-03-2015, 01:16 PM
I can't stand FGL and Aldean has gotten progressively worse over time...THAT said, Garth is very smart to include this class of artists on the song. This is how you get played on radio. I could see the song becoming a hit again with the star-studded lineup and anniversary talk.

I still hear FILP on the radio regularly. This could be a pretty big thing. Or it could totally fail, but I think it's better than nothing. Can't wait to hear it!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2015/09/03/garth-brooks-friends-in-low-places-florida-georgia-line-george-strait/71637606/

garthcop
09-03-2015, 01:22 PM
I went to the FGL concert in Dallas last month. For the encore they played music they grew up with that influenced their sound. FILP was the first song they played.

ElectricOutcast
09-03-2015, 01:53 PM
I can't stand FGL and Aldean has gotten progressively worse over time...THAT said, Garth is very smart to include this class of artists on the song. This is how you get played on radio. I could see the song becoming a hit again with the star-studded lineup and anniversary talk.

I still hear FILP on the radio regularly. This could be a pretty big thing. Or it could totally fail, but I think it's better than nothing. Can't wait to hear it!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2015/09/03/garth-brooks-friends-in-low-places-florida-georgia-line-george-strait/71637606/

God what is it with record labels wanting to screw up our Country Music radio with all this crap from Aldean and FGL? I'm telling you, I'm way past tired of this "party" bullcrap to the point where I'm seriously considering passing on this version. Garth and Strait or not.

copinark
09-03-2015, 03:05 PM
Seems to go along with the hint he dropped a few weeks ago to Storme Warren that he's been hanging out with "new friends and old friends".

Brett Dale
09-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Garth and George strait, thats all you need to know!!!

ElectricOutcast
09-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Garth and George strait, thats all you need to know!!!

Yeah but why include Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line when they are not only part of the problem with Country Radio but both of those acts get their panties in a bunch when people like me call them out on their party song bullcrap?

Sure I could include better people but why should I do it when Garth ain't gonna listen to my suggestions?

Mr_Sevens
09-03-2015, 10:33 PM
Yeah but why include Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line when they are not only part of the problem with Country Radio but both of those acts get their panties in a bunch when people like me call them out on their party song bullcrap?

Sure I could include better people but why should I do it when Garth ain't gonna listen to my suggestions?

Easy. Because they are incredibly popular.

Lowland_Kid
09-04-2015, 03:08 AM
Exactly. He will get new / younger fans/buyers because of them.

ElectricOutcast
09-04-2015, 04:10 AM
Well that's one thing, but it's another thing when a young guy like myself who should be in both their age demographics chooses not to listen because I know a lot better than the modern day country fan what a country song should sound like. Which is probably the biggest reason why I'm not agreeing with him on this because of it.

So if me skipping on the 25th Anniversary of FILP is taking a stand for Real Country Music, then I'll proudly do it, because as Wade Bowen and Randy Rogers put it perfectly: I don't have hits, I got standards.

gbfevernorway
09-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Wade Bowen and Randy Rogers put it perfectly: I don't have hits, I got standards.

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the direction of the music of Bowen and Rogers! I have been listening to them on Spotify this morning. Think they sound pretty good. I have been listening a lot to the likes of Jamey Johnson, but it is not easy to find that kind of music, as radio is no place to listen for music like that. A couple of years ago I also came across a couple calling themselves Joey+Rory. I listened to them a lot for a long period.

As for the new version of FILP. I will need to listen to it before I can say anything about it. I know Hunter Hayes have been hinting about collaboration with Garth, and it sounded like it more than singing with him before the ACM Awards this year.

garthcop
09-04-2015, 11:08 AM
We may not like it, but this is the best thing he could do to get noticed by the young crowd. The FGL crowd is only getting bigger. When I was at their concert I was amazed at how packed it was and the enthusiasm of their fans. They are not going away. And they respect the G Man.

Emerald Isle
09-04-2015, 12:44 PM
As for the new version of FILP. I will need to listen to it before I can say anything about it.

Amen! Why does everything have to be so adversarial these days? Although I guess it's true that the "modern country" vs. "real country" argument has been going on for decades. Funny enough, though, many in the 90's felt that Garth wasn't "real country" either.

Look, music is music. Country music, like any other format, evolves. I don't particularly love modern country either, but it is what it is, and it's just fine. My dad (a huge Hank Sr, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, & Johnny Horton fan) didn't particularly love Garth, Alan, Clint, or the Chicks either. But that didn't mean those artists didn't make good songs. And it didn't mean they weren't real country either. Just means they weren't his particular cup o' whiskey, so-to-speak. That's all. Garth wasn't "unprincipled", he was just new and different, and people loved it. What's so wrong about that? A similar argument can be made for today's popular artists.

As for having modern artists collaborate on FILP, all I say is, Sweet! Can't wait to hear it. Heck, if Garth said he was collaborating with Metallica or Eminem, I'd still actually listen to the song before passing judgment on it.

By the way... speaking of Joey + Rory, I would love to see them open for Garth on one of the legs of the tour. They could use the exposure, and I think their music fits in well with Garth's. Plus, they already recorded a Christmas song that Garth & Kent Blazy wrote called "I Know What Santa's Getting for Christmas," so there's obviously some form of an existing relationship there. (They also did a version of Stephanie Davis' "The Gift" which is incredible).

Mr_Sevens
09-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Amen! Why does everything have to be so adversarial these days? Although I guess it's true that the "modern country" vs. "real country" argument has been going on for decades. Funny enough, though, many in the 90's felt that Garth wasn't "real country" either.

Look, music is music. Country music, like any other format, evolves. I don't particularly love modern country either, but it is what it is, and it's just fine. My dad (a huge Hank Sr, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, & Johnny Horton fan) didn't particularly love Garth, Alan, Clint, or the Chicks either. But that didn't mean those artists didn't make good songs. And it didn't mean they weren't real country either. Just means they weren't his particular cup o' whiskey, so-to-speak. That's all. Garth wasn't "unprincipled", he was just new and different, and people loved it. What's so wrong about that? A similar argument can be made for today's popular artists.

As for having modern artists collaborate on FILP, all I say is, Sweet! Can't wait to hear it. Heck, if Garth said he was collaborating with Metallica or Eminem, I'd still actually listen to the song before passing judgment on it.

By the way... speaking of Joey + Rory, I would love to see them open for Garth on one of the legs of the tour. They could use the exposure, and I think their music fits in well with Garth's. Plus, they already recorded a Christmas song that Garth & Kent Blazy wrote called "I Know What Santa's Getting for Christmas," so there's obviously some form of an existing relationship there. (They also did a version of Stephanie Davis' "The Gift" which is incredible).

I think you absolutely hit the nail on the head. I don't love getting into the debate of "real" country verses "modern" country. As for FILP, I absolutely cannot wait to hear it! I don't care what side of the debate FGL falls on, I think they are terrible artists no matter what they sing ;) real or not.

That said, I'll suffer through anyone for a few words from Strait on a Garth song. That's the dream.

wimpy77
09-04-2015, 05:09 PM
ElectricOukast if you're in mid 30's or older, country radio isn't for you and they really don't care if your demographic likes it or not. Just admit it and move on. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you listen to anything. You sound like an old crouch. I think the saving country music blog is for you because all they do is ***** and complain. I don't particular like it either but I know who that music is intended for and it's not me but I'm also not going to waste my time *****ing and complaining either.

Garthmedic
09-04-2015, 08:17 PM
On hold: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/6685889/garth-brooks-friends-low-places-reissue-royalty-dispute?mobile_redirection=false

G&TTreknTech77
09-04-2015, 08:18 PM
I was just coming to post that very link.

I think the leak and this response from Garth is a negotiating tactic. My question is whether this reissue would be in addition to or in place of the duet or studio album releases rumored for this year.

Emerald Isle
09-04-2015, 08:48 PM
ANOTHER reissue of No Fences? Ugh... Oh but this time remixed and remastered... again, like we did 12 months ago, but different this time, 'cause, you know, group FILP.

Whatever.

I honestly hoped that the new FILP was just going to be a bonus track on a new album.

Mr_Sevens
09-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Yep. Not interested in a re-issue. Cut the crap, G-Man and release a new album. You've already remastered all your album for digital sales. You can't remaster them anymore than that, man.

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Oh for F sake. Seriously Garth, you know it use to be he would announce something big then a few months later or even a year or two, there would be another announcement saying the project wont be going
ahead. Now its one day. Look dont get me wrong, Ive always been a huge supporter of garth, but boy oh boy for someone who is suppose to be savvy in this business, its one mistake after another. This is
getting beyond the joke.

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 10:05 PM
So let me get this right. The new verison of Friends in Low Places with GEORGE STRAIT! was just going to be available on a new digital released version of No Fences.
This is now on hold, (probably wont go ahead).

Can you imagine if Garth actually had comeout and said "Hey country radio heres a studio version with the third verse of Friends in Low Places, oh by the way Im singing it
with GEORGE FREAKIN STRAIT"

Can you also imagine if he then said "It will be available on my new studio album in November for downloads at Ghost tunes, and at retail stores!!!.

But no oh no, there have to be these strange werid deals where places have to purchase so many units, for a discount, etc etc etc.

Talk about over thinking things.

Hell imagine if he did a Beyonce, and at midnight at Ghost tunes web page, there was a message that said "GATRTH BROOKS NEW ALBUM OUT NOW, 24 NEW SONGS, PLUS A
DUET WITH GEORGE FREAKIN STRAIT SINGING FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES, THIRD VERSE INCLUCDED"

The music world would've lost its mind!!

I think we can put this remake of friends in low places, with George strait, in the same category as

1: The movie hes doing with Sandra Bullock
2: The movie hes doing with Martin Scorsese
3: The concert from Tijamen square in China
4: The duet with Paul McCarnety
5: The 1999 concert he was suppose to be doing in New Zealand
6: Chris Gaines
7: Croke Park

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Okay I understand Garth loves to project his songwriters and is genuine, but why not just release it as a single to radio, and they can get paid that way. The fact that is
had to be one million units purchased, gives his critics just right in thinking "Is he doing this to boost his RIAA numbers?"

Why not just put it on the new album, and let the market decide if they want it.

My last question, why even announce it if the deal wasnt done, I know he said in Billboard he thought it would be, surly you wait till its all signed on the dotted line.

I wonder who the retailer was?

Walmart???

Garthmedic
09-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Doubtful. The article said "Non-traditional retailer".

Emerald Isle
09-04-2015, 10:36 PM
In fairness, the article makes it sound like the No Fences reissue was only supposed to be a limited 1,000,000 print CD that would only be available through the Christmas season from just the one nontraditional retailer, similar to the Collection that McDonalds did. Anyone else read something different from this?

The new version of “Friends,” featuring George Strait, Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line and Keith Urban, was to be the centerpiece of a No Fences silver-anniversary reissue that would come out in November and be available through the holiday season. “Friends in Low Places” was the first of four No. 1 singles from the 1990 album.

The plan called for a non-traditional retailer to buy at least 1 million units of the remixed and remastered No Fences. Brooks wouldn’t identify the partner, but likens the deal to his McDonald’s pact in 1994 when he released The Garth Brooks Collection exclusively through the fast food chain for a limited time with a portion of each $5.99 CD sold going to the Ronald McDonald Children’s Charities.

That said, I think the two stories are not a mistake. Yesterday's was to build hype, today's was to pressure the publishers that are holding out to give in, OR to lure another vendor who can afford the higher price to take over. The fact that both ran in Billboard back to back, AND that Garth specifically calls out the publishers holding out on the deal by name convinces me that this was planned. It's not like Garth to call folks out by name unless it's for a purpose.

Edited to add: The story is also remarkably well researched for something that is supposed to have just happened. (i.e. 1,000,000 copies guarantees $45,000 for each publisher and writer compared to the $350 they're getting otherwise). It all just seems a little too rehearsed for something that supposedly just fell apart this afternoon.

Emerald Isle
09-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Doubtful. The article said "Non-traditional retailer".

Have you seen Walmart's CD section lately? Selling an actual CD MIGHT be non-traditional for them these days. ;)

Mr_Sevens
09-04-2015, 10:54 PM
In fairness, the article makes it sound like the No Fences reissue was only supposed to be a limited 1,000,000 print CD that would only be available through the Christmas season from just the one nontraditional retailer, similar to the Collection that McDonalds did. Anyone else read something different from this?

That said, I think the two stories are not a mistake. Yesterday's was to build hype, today's was to pressure the publishers that are holding out to give in, OR to lure another vendor who can afford the higher price to take over. The fact that both ran in Billboard back to back, AND that Garth specifically calls out the publishers holding out on the deal by name convinces me that this was planned. It's not like Garth to call folks out by name unless it's for a purpose.

Edited to add: The story is also remarkably well researched for something that is supposed to have just happened. (i.e. 1,000,000 copies guarantees $45,000 for each publisher and writer compared to the $350 they're getting otherwise). It all just seems a little too rehearsed for something that supposedly just fell apart this afternoon.

Bingo. I think you're on to something. Billboard is calling it an exclusive. That likely means Team Garth reached out to them. Especially since they actually got statements from him.

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 11:07 PM
The article itself, read like it was written by Nate Silver, very stats and data based, and yes the writer had done so much research, wasnt just the usual
opinion piece. The feedback in the comment section is exactly what i would expect, in the public eyes hes just doing this to boost his RIAA numbers.

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Has the song actually been recorded???

If so...

"Radio, please leak"

Garthmedic
09-04-2015, 11:15 PM
Have you seen Walmart's CD section lately? Selling an actual CD MIGHT be non-traditional for them these days. ;)

LOL. Point well taken ;)

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 11:19 PM
I think one thing we can take from this, is there is no way we are getting a new studio album this year.

Xmas duet album with Trisha, maybe??

Also I think we can kiss goodbye a third single from Man Against Machine being released.

Or Ghost tunes actually releasing their numbers to soundscan.

wimpy77
09-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Has the song actually been recorded???

If so...

"Radio, please leak"

More than likely the song has been recorded and you just can't leak the song. It doesn't work that way.

wimpy77
09-04-2015, 11:27 PM
I think one thing we can take from this, is there is no way we are getting a new studio album this year.

Also I think we can kiss goodbye a third single from Man Against Machine being released.

There was never going to be a third single from Man Against the Machine.

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Bummer, be nice to have a chance to hear it.

Yes surprised that Garth still has no idea how social media works. he shouldve been on twitter/facebook with just a line or two about this.

I would perfer him NOT to be on social media, not a huge fan of it, but if hes going to be on it, this is what its suppose to be used for.

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 11:29 PM

Oh I thought, they were just waiting for a new head of Sony Nashville to be named?

Mr_Sevens
09-04-2015, 11:32 PM

That's a pretty big overreaction. A limited edition re-issue of No Fences at a non-traditional retailer does not mean there is "no way we are getting a new studio album this year"

We kissed the third single idea away months ago. It's been pretty clear for quite some time that there was never going to be one.

Mr_Sevens
09-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Bummer, be nice to have a chance to hear it.

Yes surprised that Garth still has no idea how social media works. he shouldve been on twitter/facebook with just a line or two about this.

I would perfer him NOT to be on social media, not a huge fan of it, but if hes going to be on it, this is what its suppose to be used for.

He didn't need to go to social media about this. He went to Billboard. It makes much more sense to go to them with a story like this. That's not what Facebook is for at all.

Emerald Isle
09-04-2015, 11:34 PM

I agree. That ship has sailed.

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 11:36 PM
That's a pretty big overreaction. A limited edition re-issue of No Fences at a non-traditional retailer does not mean there is "no way we are getting a new studio album this year"

We kissed the third single idea away months ago. It's been pretty clear for quite some time that there was never going to be one.

Garth only does thing at 100%, if the reissue of No Fences had of gone ahead, his time and effort wouldve gone to that, and the country music media wouldve been all
over the fact that George Strait is on it. I dont think he wouldve been trying to promote a new album also.

Brett Dale
09-04-2015, 11:37 PM
He didn't need to go to social media about this. He went to Billboard. It makes much more sense to go to them with a story like this. That's not what Facebook is for at all.

I agree going through Billboard is the right way, I didnt mean dont do that. Im saying if he is on social media, a quick tweet about the suitation would help, that is exactly what social media is there for. Why
else should he be on it?

Emerald Isle
09-04-2015, 11:39 PM

I agree, we shouldn't overreact. This was a special limited release. Who knows what else was/is planned. But even if this gets delayed, it shouldn't hold up anything else since those royalties will be at full price, since it'd be a new release.

And... if push really comes to shove, the reissue COULD just as easily be released exclusively through GB.com and GhostTunes if necessary.

wimpy77
09-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Garth only does thing at 100%, if the reissue of No Fences had of gone ahead, his time and effort wouldve gone to that, and the country music media wouldve been all
over the fact that George Strait is on it. I dont think he wouldve been trying to promote a new album also.

re-releasing something doesn't take that much effort.

Mr_Sevens
09-05-2015, 12:02 AM
I agree going through Billboard is the right way, I didnt mean dont do that. Im saying if he is on social media, a quick tweet about the suitation would help, that is exactly what social media is there for. Why
else should he be on it?

No, it's not. Social media is for interacting with your fans, not discussing the inner workings of the business and deals you are working on. That's what trade pubs like Billboard are for.

wimpy77
09-05-2015, 12:04 AM
No, it's not. Social media is for interacting with your fans, not discussing the inner workings of the business and deals you are working on. That's what trade pubs like Billboard are for.

Exactly.

Mr_Sevens
09-05-2015, 12:04 AM
I agree, we shouldn't overreact. This was a special limited release. Who knows what else was/is planned. But even if this gets delayed, it shouldn't hold up anything else since those royalties will be at full price, since it'd be a new release.

And... if push really comes to shove, the reissue COULD just as easily be released exclusively through GB.com and GhostTunes if necessary.

Exactly. In the grand scheme of things, this really doesn't sound like that big of a deal at all. He has GhostTunes for this kind of thing if he really wants it out there. This was obviously an attempt to do something a little left of center in terms of releases. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, oh well. I don't see a No Fences re-issue selling that well anyway.

If we miss out on this FILP re-cut? Oh well. I'd be more upset if it were actually a new song.

YouSoundBitter
09-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Cracker Barrel:)

Emerald Isle
09-05-2015, 01:20 AM

Not a bad guess actually. I was thinking Starbucks or someone like that.

wimpy77
09-05-2015, 01:37 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

Brett Dale
09-05-2015, 02:10 AM
I love Cracker Barrel, went their when I visted the states in 2011!! I love the old rocking chairs they have outside and the chess sets!! and of course the food!

Charles
09-05-2015, 03:19 AM
I still want to hear the remake!! I bet this gets released somehow , someway,..

Lowland_Kid
09-05-2015, 04:51 AM
Oh for F sake. Seriously Garth, you know it use to be he would announce something big then a few months later or even a year or two, there would be another announcement saying the project wont be going
ahead. Now its one day. Look dont get me wrong, Ive always been a huge supporter of garth, but boy oh boy for someone who is suppose to be savvy in this business, its one mistake after another. This is
getting beyond the joke.

My thoughts exactly! He needs better legal advisors or he needs to listen to them better. And I know that he is spontaneous and sometimes blabs out things that he shouldn't yet... he might want to try to get that under control a bit better too. I really love Garth, but he is not without faults. (so human!)

The Fever
09-05-2015, 05:08 AM
If it doesn't happen this year on the 25th anniversary of No Fences... Will it ever happen?

26, 27 year anniversary sounds too weird ...

30th year anniversary

It gives them five years to work on it and find a solution.

YouSoundBitter
09-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Make it a free download with purchase of new Christmas CD, start with that. We don't need No Fences for just one song. Or maybe record Thunder Rolls with extra verse and release a single, and just list the milestones of No Fences...

Emerald Isle
09-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Make it a free download with purchase of new Christmas CD, start with that. We don't need No Fences for just one song. Or maybe record Thunder Rolls with extra verse and release a single, and just list the milestones of No Fences...

Ahh... but that wouldn't help boost his RIAA numbers.

Mr_Sevens
09-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Ahh... but that wouldn't help boost his RIAA numbers.

It would boost his numbers, just not the No Fences numbers.

Unless of course it was a GhostTunes exclusive.

I'm sorry, Garth, but I just can't imagine ANOTHER re-issue of No Fences selling 1 million units. Whatever poor retailer takes that deal is going to end up with a lot of extra stock.

Mr_Sevens
09-05-2015, 01:26 PM
GhostTunes CEO Randy Bernard tweeted the Billboard link and called the situation very disappointing. I'm now totally in the camp of this being a kind of staged shaming of the publishers.

Anonymous
09-05-2015, 01:51 PM
It would boost his numbers, just not the No Fences numbers.

Unless of course it was a GhostTunes exclusive.

I'm sorry, Garth, but I just can't imagine ANOTHER re-issue of No Fences selling 1 million units. Whatever poor retailer takes that deal is going to end up with a lot of extra stock.

That might be true if it were released as a regular CD. However, if it were released just to Cracker Barrel stores it would get extra sales just from the novelty of it.

As for the remake itself, I'm just a tad disappointed that no female artists were included. I'd replace FGL with Miranda Lambert in a heartbeat.

YouSoundBitter
09-05-2015, 04:59 PM
I have thought he should have released an EP of Filp, the thunder rolls, it's your song (studio), Wild Horses, Tearing It Up at some point.

gbfevernorway
09-07-2015, 09:37 AM

They also have a song with these lines:

Now I'm not saying there's no chance at all
But it don't take no crystal ball
To see the chance is mighty slim
Chris Gaines or me
are coming back again

I would pay money for the new version of FILP. No Fences is my favorite album, regardless of artist and genre, but I am not sure I need yet an other version of the album. One can say there is two possible reasons Garth want to release it again: 1) To sell an other million. 2) To sell it to an other million people, so they can get to know his music.

A huge portion of the people going to his concerts are too young to have been born when the album was released. A majority of those have never listen to the No Fencys from front to back, I would guess. The best option to get it out to a million new fans would be Itunes, but I totally understand why Garth do not want to do that.

But as I said, I would pay money for the new version of FILP. Just make it available somewhere I can buy it.

Brett Dale
09-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Garth confirmed with rolling stone magazine that he is working on holiday duet album with trisha. The article is mainly about the friends in low places muck up.

Im guessing the holiday album means no new studio album this year?

Emerald Isle
09-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Garth confirmed with rolling stone magazine that he is working on holiday duet album with trisha. The article is mainly about the friends in low places muck up.

Im guessing the holiday album means no new studio album this year?

Wow. Seems Garth is really making the rounds talking to everyone about this FILP muck up, which again comes across to me as nothing more than effort to apply pressure on the publishers.

Really, though, I'm shocked that publishing rates on this album are still an issue after 25 years. Seems the publishers would be happy to get whatever they could out of it, but what do I know?

garthcop
09-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Just heard on 99.5 The Wolf in Dallas the morning show talking about this new version of FILP with a clip of Garth talking about how cool it was to hear the different artists (especially George) seeing it.

Emerald Isle
11-23-2015, 04:09 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. A year ago, the songwriters on No Fences apparently gladly consented to lower royalties for the digital bundle, but rejected a proposal for lower royalties for a 25th Anniversary release of the album on CD?

What does everyone think happened during this past year that made them pull back?

Charles
12-19-2015, 10:25 AM
Not sure if this means anything , but the Country Music hall of fame just posted an article about the new friends in low places today .. Maybe it will see the light of day !

Brett Dale
12-19-2015, 11:59 PM
Hopefully they will release it on xmas day!!!

ElectricOutcast
09-12-2016, 12:26 PM
ElectricOukast if you're in mid 30's or older, country radio isn't for you and they really don't care if your demographic likes it or not. Just admit it and move on. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you listen to anything. You sound like an old crouch. I think the saving country music blog is for you because all they do is ***** and complain. I don't particular like it either but I know who that music is intended for and it's not me but I'm also not going to waste my time *****ing and complaining either.

I know it's an old topic but I gotta address something on here, I can understand you not agreeing with me on my opinions on this matter but if you're gonna make **** up about my age then we're gonna have a serious problem here. I made it abundantly clear in the past that I was born a month before Garth's first album came out and was not even 2 months old when Keith Whitley died, so I got three years left before I even remotely turn thirty yet.