PDA

View Full Version : I wish Garth would release a DVD like this

Steven75407
08-20-2015, 10:39 PM
I think it would be awesome if Garth released a DVD/Blue-ray of his best TV performances from the past 26 years. Not so much of the hits, but covers and medleys he has sang.

"The Star Spangled Banner" (Super Bowl XXVII, 1993)
"Heroes Medley" (30th annual ACM Awards, 1995)
"A World Without You" (Heroes of the American Red Cross, 1998)
"Hard Luck Woman" with KISS (The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno, 1994)
"The Fever" with Chris LeDoux and Charlie Daniels (1997 ACM Awards)
"Wild as The Wind" (Double Live special, 1998)
"New York State of Mind" with Billy Joel (Central Park 1997 concert)
"American Pie/Shout/We Shall Be Free medley (Pres. Obama's Inaguration Concert, 2008)
"Rollin' (25th American Music Awards, 1998)
"Keep Your Hands to Yourself" (This Is Garth Brooks, 1992)
"Louisiana Woman Mississippi Man (Kennedy Center Honors Loretta Lynn, 2003)
"One Night A Day ("This is Garth Brooks, Too! 1993)
"When You Come Back to Me Again" (USS Enterprise concert, 2001)
"That Ole Wind" (Ireland and Back, 1998)
"Night Moves" (The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, 2013)
"Belleau Wood" (Garth Brooks and the Magic of Christmas, 1999)
"Who'll Stop the Rain" (Huricane Katrina telethon, 2005)
"Sweet Baby James (VH1 Storytellers, 1996)
"America the Beautiful & Lean On Me" ("Points of Light special (2011)
"Concert of the Century Medley" (1999)
"People Loving People" (American Music Awards, 2013)
"Somewhere Other Than The Night (1992 CMA Awards)
"Alabama Clay" (Farm Aid 1990)
"Do Whatcha Gotta Do" (1997 Billboard Music Awards)
"Workin' for a Livin" with Huey Lewis (Garth Brooks: Live in L.A., 2009)
"All American Kid" (50th Annual ACM awards)
"Take Me" (Previously unaired performance from that George Jones tribute show, 2013)

I would definitely buy that.

wimpy77
08-20-2015, 10:53 PM
He doesn't own the TV footage and would have to pay a truckload for the rights.

YouSoundBitter
08-21-2015, 09:25 AM
I'd love just to have the audio of most of those on a cd:)

It'd Garth Brooks and he did make $90 million last year alone, think he could work it out if he wanted to take on a project like this, he did get BLAME IT ALL ON MY ROOTS done and released!

Emerald Isle
08-21-2015, 09:59 AM
He doesn't own the TV footage and would have to pay a truckload for the rights.

Well it just so happens that Garth has a few truckloads of money available, so....

darkcountry
08-21-2015, 01:03 PM
This would be the ultimate DVD. I would pay $20 - $30 for it on Blu Ray. He needs to make this happen!

wimpy77
08-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Well it just so happens that Garth has a few truckloads of money available, so....

That he does. But I wouldn't pay that much for footage for a DVD.

Skywise
08-21-2015, 09:21 PM
I can't say I'd pay that much for a DVD (not w/o a metric ### ton of specials/bonuses...)

I was gonna say that same thing, Wimpy... He doesn't own the TV footage... from the look of it (just a cursory glance...) you have at least 4 diff networks... none of which are likely to give in to letting competitors benefit from something that may contain their footage..

I hate to say it like this too, but I don't think Garth could 'get it done' , even with truckloads of money.. What's the intake (what would it bring in) vs what would it cost? he's no dummy in the financial business side of the market- would it be profitable for him to release a dvd like that?

That doesn't even touch what's probably a problem (self induced , but still a problem..) Garth's 'star' does not shine as brightly at it once did- to some, I'd be willing to bet he's seen as nostalgia, the old guy, can't keep up. They're wrong (whomever they are) to think like that, but a lackluster (overall) performance for MAM combined with a dinosaur like attitude towards music sales....) Garth's not the star he once was.. He's still awesome, still a star, still the best.. He can still (IMO) kick the tail of ANY other artist out there.. but that's my belief... it's not a fact...

It takes more than a sold out tour baked with a tad bit of supporting an album wrapped up in a greatest hits extravaganza (with a side of nostalgia) to equal the stardom he once had

ok- its' friday, i'm tired.. hehe soapbox away...