PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Soon?

darkcountry
07-27-2015, 10:39 AM
I haven't seen anyone post anything on here about any kind of a press event, but it seems like there should be an announcement coming up for a new single or hints about the 2015 album coming soon. Man Against Machine seems done at this point (Mom was released November of last year).

Garthbrooks.com still shows the bundle and advertises the new album in Fall 2015.

Do you think we'll still get an album this fall? Do you think it'll be the Christmas duet album with Trisha? Do you think there is a possibility we'll get the Christmas album and a new studio album? :-?

But perhaps most important is when we'll get a new Trisha Yearwood album that isn't a Greatest Hits repackage. :confused: Okay, that last one was more for me. haha Post your thoughts and any info you have below. :)

Mr_Sevens
07-27-2015, 11:57 AM
I think (hope) we'll hear something before the tour restarts in September. I think the odds of something this year diminishes greatly after that if we still haven't heard.

garthcop
07-27-2015, 01:34 PM
I wonder it redoing his show in Dallas means he will include some of his new songs now that he has his feet under him.

Charles
07-27-2015, 01:39 PM
I wonder it redoing his show in Dallas means he will include some of his new songs now that he has his feet under him.

I hope it does! I'm going to be on row 7 center stage...so maybe I'll make a sign for Rodeo and Juliet, Midnight Train, or Tacoma?

As for the next album, Garth has to have that thing done soon!! I keep going back to Man Against Machine being a double album. Those songs are still around to build another album around...use those and some of the ones he has wrote after "trusting his pen" and bam, an album!

GarthdaMan
07-27-2015, 08:18 PM
I would love to see a new album released. I just hope that Garth is wiser about what songs he releases to radio.

BLL
07-27-2015, 10:23 PM
I have a feeling, like before with Capitol, he doesn't have the final say in the singles....

Mr_Sevens
07-28-2015, 03:32 PM
I have a feeling, like before with Capitol, he doesn't have the final say in the singles....

A lot of the speculation I read is that he actually may have had too much say in the singles chosen. I mean, it's not like we'll ever know...but my gut says that Garth decided to yank Tacoma as the first single and put PLP in its place.

Plus there were his comments about there being no 3rd single at least until things settled down at Sony...so he must get some sort of say. The label's other artists still released new singles during that time.

Emerald Isle
08-04-2015, 01:51 PM
As of today, there are 115 days until Thanksgiving.

Whatever we're getting, I expect to be announced late next month or early October.

Emerald Isle
08-14-2015, 11:17 AM
I was looking at some old feeds, and Man Against Machine was announced on September 4, last year.

So... it's not inconceivable that could be just 3-4 weeks away from an announcement.

darkcountry
08-14-2015, 11:32 AM
I was looking at some old feeds, and Man Against Machine was announced on September 4, last year.

So... it's not inconceivable that could be just 3-4 weeks away from an announcement.

I hope he says something soon. Even if it is just the Christmas album with Trisha, I kind of want something new. I have this strange feeling they'll get their stars on September 10 and announce something there. Because the event is being publicized so much.

YouSoundBitter
08-15-2015, 08:49 AM
I don't think he will at the Star ceremony because he won't want to take the attention off of the them and the honor they are giving him (and Trisha) that day. However, he might do it that week (or maybe that day, but elsewhere).

I think someone big has a CHRISTmas album coming out it October this year, so an announcement could be very soon for both albums! :-)

Emerald Isle
09-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Well, it's September. Here's hoping for good news soon.

wimpy77
09-01-2015, 10:53 PM
next shows are in a couple of weeks. Maybe a presser then.

garthcop
09-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Since the new concert format is in Dallas, that would make sense for new music to be announced and consequently played beginning that night.

Emerald Isle
09-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Since the new concert format is in Dallas, that would make sense for new music to be announced and consequently played beginning that night.

Agreed.

Mr_Sevens
09-03-2015, 12:14 PM
I think this is a pretty good indication that new music is coming:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2015/09/03/garth-brooks-friends-in-low-places-florida-georgia-line-george-strait/71637606/

Emerald Isle
09-15-2015, 12:29 PM
So, no news of a press conference yet, huh?

darkcountry
09-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Nothing so far. All I have found were some mentions of October for a possible single on Pulse, the guy on ATRL and nothing more. If the October release date for a single is real, he is setting himself up for failure. It's too close to the holiday season when radio stations overplay Christmas songs. Unless he's releasing something October 30 and it's a holiday themed/inspirational song.

Brett Dale
09-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Could it be that "The new studio album" as in fact the xmas album???, since its done in a studio.

Have we heard otherwise that the Xmas is actually just a separate release from Ghost Tunes and not part of the bundle.

OR Could they be counting it as the second album in the bundle?

Emerald Isle
09-15-2015, 07:49 PM
Could it be that "The new studio album" as in fact the xmas album???, since its done in a studio.

Have we heard otherwise that the Xmas is actually just a separate release from Ghost Tunes and not part of the bundle.

OR Could they be counting it as the second album in the bundle?

That's been the brining question ever since he started talking about the Christmas album.

Brett Dale
09-15-2015, 10:02 PM
That's been the brining question ever since he started talking about the Christmas album.

Surly there will be a reporter that will ask him this, before his dallas run?

wimpy77
09-15-2015, 10:49 PM
Surly there will be a reporter that will ask him this, before his dallas run?

local reporters could care less.

copinark
09-16-2015, 10:10 AM
It's the same repetitive questions at every press conference. What's your favorite song to play live?
How are the crowds here?

I suggest a few of us planetgarth members who have been here since the early day field the questions. I'm sure him answering the same questions over and over gets old. Throw something different in there. "Hey what songwriters have you sought out for the new album?" "What's the time frame for new music?", etc.

Emerald Isle
09-16-2015, 10:45 AM
Since MAM was originally conceived as a double album with 30 songs, I'd like to ask what the plan is for the other 16 songs that were recorded.

darkcountry
09-16-2015, 02:33 PM
FYI - I picked up 2 copies of Man Against Machine from an Amazon seller new and sealed as gifts. I figured for $5 it would be the standard edition. Both were the limited Black Edition.

The Seller is "Customer Direct" and it is a fulfilled by Amazon item. So if you're looking for a limited edition of the new album that might be the way to go. :)