PDA

View Full Version : Team Garth's Email

GarthdaMan
07-06-2015, 10:06 AM
Can you believe it's been a year since we launched garthbrooks.com? We have lots of new and exciting things planned. Coming soon, you’ll see a new website, a new online store and much, much more…stay tuned!
- Team Garth

Could it be that we may actually be able to purchase Garth merchandise? It will be interesting see if there are any new changes and opportunities for us. What does everybody think?

YouSoundBitter
07-06-2015, 11:00 AM
I hope it does include the online store once updated. I would've loved to buy more stuff at the shows but money was already limited from going to them...Can't wait to see the new site!!!

Mr_Sevens
07-06-2015, 11:11 AM
As long as their "coming soon" timeline is faster than GhostTunes', I'm excited! Haha

Emerald Isle
07-06-2015, 11:44 AM
I know this is gonna sound cynical and jaded... sorry.

But when I got the email this morning, my thought process went something like this:

"Oh yeah, tomorrow is 7/7, sweet! I wonder if he'll announce a new album. And a new website and store is coming too? With merch? Cool! And other stuff will also be announced soon? Awesome! I wonder what it'll be..... oh wait wait wait a minute. Hold on a second. Oh silly me! This is Garth. This is just ANOTHER announcement of another enigmatic future announcement. Nevermind. Back to my regularly scheduled Monday."

Basically, if the merch store hadn't already been "announced" as "coming soon" no less than 3 times in the last year," with NOTHING to show for it, I might be more excited. But until it actually happens, along with the other stuff hinted at in the email, I'm not dedicating any more brain power to it.

Sorry to be a downer. Still love Garth. Love MAM. Excited to see the tour when it comes to my neck of the woods. But I just can't get excited for any more announcements of future announcements after the absolute cluster roller coaster ride between July and November last year. Just can't do it. Sorry.

The Fever
07-06-2015, 01:02 PM
I was kind of expecting things last year. Ahhh

It's a bit sad that I haven't checked my emails and expecting anything on 7/7 and I get more news from planet garth. I'll come back here regularly for updates.

Mr_Sevens
07-06-2015, 03:30 PM
I'm assuming the pending site relaunch has at least some to do with the lack of recent tour updates.

It sure would be nice to get another 7/7 update.

The Fever
07-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Sorry to break it to you guys but it will be another two more years of announcements. We will get something on the 7/7/17.

Skywise
07-06-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic for something... but again, perhaps a bit jaded too- all too often ripped up to be ripped down.. brought to YES only to be "oh..." and have to wait... Still, Garth news is garth news and it was nice to get the email.

will be interested to see what if anything happens

kirkfitz
07-07-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm feeling about the same way, saw the email and I thought, well its been "coming soon" for the longest time and unless I get an solid date announced or I see the website has updated, I'm not getting my hopes up or excited.

The Fever
07-07-2015, 04:55 PM
He might say something at the New Orleans press conference if he's asked.

Gbfanoh
07-07-2015, 06:07 PM
I think they are taking a break from touring for the summer. Karyn Rochelle stated in her blog "We are wrapping up both the house and the tour very soon for the summer but I wanted to take a few moments to reflect on these past several months and what they have meant to me". Hopefully they start back up after Brazil in late August.

meganclouser
07-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Website is updated! Looks amazing! Added a photos section & more news... There's also a spot where it scrolls through tweets from people! You can sign up now for text updates too!

garthcop
07-07-2015, 09:19 PM
I agree. It is sharp!

jturtels
07-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Interesting. I get an "error" page. Wonder if it launched too soon?

jturtels
07-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Working now!