PDA

View Full Version : Need your help folks!

andycja
06-15-2015, 08:35 PM
In 2008, I bought the guitar Garth gave away at one of the KC shows from the young guy he handed it to. I even posted about it on this very forum! He claimed not to be a fan, and I had no idea until 2 days ago that he was indeed a big fan just in a tough situation needing the money. How did I find out? What happened two days ago was AMAZING!! I ran into a gal the other day randomly at a sports bar visiting from Florida. I live in Charleston, so we get a lot of tourists. The band plays "Callin Baton Rouge" and I belt it! Love that song! Find out she's a fan too, so I share the story of buying this Garth guitar from the guy he gave it to. I say the guys name and SOMEHOW she knew him!!! One in 300 million chance! So; I find out that he WAS a huge fan after all and always regretted letting it go.

I want to reunite him with the guitar, and am trying to figure out a way to make it special, like maybe at a concert or maybe get someone like Country Weekly involved to cover it. I'm open for ideas. The guy lives in Tampa- maybe we could surprise him!? Or arrange it around a concert (I know he would meet me anywhere to get it back). Again, open to ideas but I'm thinking if Garth somehow found out he wouldn't hesitate to make the swap happen either at a show, on stage, or who knows! Appreciate any insight or ideas!

Lowland_Kid
06-16-2015, 02:04 AM
I think it is really great that you want to reunite him with that guitar. To be honest: I don't even think it will need a special setting, because the reunion will be special enough to that guy. You will make him very happy. :)

Paula
06-16-2015, 07:49 AM
Just thought I'd provide the link to the original thread regarding the purchase of the guitar for anyone who might be interested in reading it - http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php/127463-Question-for-KC-concert-quot-experts-quot

Paula

garth76
06-16-2015, 08:21 AM
I think it's great that you want to reunite him with the guitar. It's amazing you met someone who knows him. Sounds like it was meant to be!
I don't think you would need to have a really special setting for it but I understand you wanting that. Maybe try to get in touch with Garth's people and see if you can involve them. Contact Country Weekly.
Kudos, Paula, for wanting to do this! Good luck and keep us informed!!

TJsgotGBfever
06-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Definitely a meeting meant to happen. And it is a very kind gesture for you to want to get it back to him. That's special enough on its own. He will so appreciate what you are doing. He may not be proud or feel good about having sold it, and from that point of view may not be comfortable with a big to-do about it. But no way to tell.
Maybe have him meet you for a show. Honestly feel it would be even more special if it's kept more intimate.

kcflyer
06-16-2015, 05:26 PM
You could contact Bobby Bones. For those who don't know him, he has a morning radio show based out of Nashville that has been picked up and broadcast to many different markets. He is a big Garth fan in his own right and has a Campaign of sorts that he calls PIMPIN JOY. They just try to promote a joy spreading attitude and encourage others to do the same. If this wouldn't be considered PIMPIN JOY, then I don't know what would.