PDA

View Full Version : More Blame It All On My Roots

leavealighton
06-12-2015, 02:25 AM
it wasn't the first time we heard Garth prefrom his classic country hits . He di several of them live much before the Wynn shows. ACT Naturally, White Lightnin,and Unwound. He did these in a medley on an awards show. Several years later all the above songs were released in a package set. Except for a couple of songs from this merely: Whispering Pines , Mamma Tried,and Gentle On my Mind. I think their could be a possibility we could get another Roots type set.

garth have done other songs by George Jones before: like The Race is on and others. That need to be included in a package.
Same with george Straight: Fireman, Ocean Front Property more opportunity for material to include in an album.
After the Fire is gone a duet with his wife Trisha- another duet that was televised many years back was Luisiana Woman , MissisIppi man which should be on the record as well.
I will post more later.

Skywise
06-12-2015, 03:06 AM
When did Garth do 'the race is on'? I don't recall that one done by him

copinark
06-12-2015, 11:55 AM
The race is on was performed at the Kennedy Honors in 2008. You can search the sight that shall not be mentioned for it. The other medleys were performed on the ACMs in the 90's as a tribute to his heroes. It's also on the site. As far as more from Blame it all on my roots I suppose it's possible. We all know Garth records a ton of songs for every album so I'm sure the vault is rapidly filling back up.

rmila00
06-12-2015, 12:09 PM
I completely expect BIAOMR to be rereleased at some point with additional songs. He even talks about American Pie in the book and it wasn't included in the songs. I know he loves that song and he and Don McLean are friends. There's no reason that song wouldn't be included in the set unless it's just waiting to be released later.

Skywise
06-12-2015, 12:10 PM
hmm -I'll have to go back to the kennedy honors show- it's poss. that I missed it :) I remember the other medley (at least the one with unwound, white lightning, etc.) I think it was the 1994 ACM's.

I'm sure things are 'possible' with Garth songs being released..

I think a lot of the time people (not nec. in this thread) have a hard time balancing the 'what Garth should/will do ' and 'what I WANT Garth to do' type of feelings honestly...

mbarker
06-12-2015, 12:53 PM
The Race is One was a staple of Garth's shows while touring for Garth Brooks and No Fences. At that point he would often do that, and "To All The Girls I've Loved Before" for his influences. During Ropin' - that switched to more Night Moves, Operator, and Please Come To Boston.

Skywise
06-12-2015, 01:19 PM
hmm- I'll have to find my pennsylvania show from 1990 and see if he put any of those songs in the songlist.

Charles
06-12-2015, 05:58 PM
I completely expect BIAOMR to be rereleased at some point with additional songs. He even talks about American Pie in the book and it wasn't included in the songs. I know he loves that song and he and Don McLean are friends. There's no reason that song wouldn't be included in the set unless it's just waiting to be released later.

I find that odd as well. Maybe he couldn't get permission to record it? Maybe he didn't like the way it sounded in the studio? Who knows....it was odd for it to be in the album notes and not be a track in the set.

leavealighton
06-13-2015, 01:48 AM
A continuation of what i wrote in post # 1.
I believe their is a great opportunity for more Blame It All On My Roots. Not all the songs front he Vegas shows are represented on his recent package. Is that a sign for more to come in the future? it has already been mentioned American Pie. Another Don Mclean Song that garth preformed at an event was called Vincent. a beautiful song would fit right in to a collection. What about : The Grand Tour( George Jones), Piano man(Billy Joel), Sweet baby James,Steam Roller Blues James Taylor. Speaking of Billy Joel another song that comes to mind that is worth while is You May be Right. Willies Saloon in 1986 a rare recording of garth before he was famous he did a number of Billy Joel and James Taylor Hits as mentioned above. Abother one not mentioned above was Only The Good Die Young. garth idolizes Simon and garfunkles The Boxer which is one the 1986 recording and i believe in Wynns performance as well and should be a consideration in a next compilation. A number of other live shows had Simon and garfunkels tunes. Fire and Rain another James Taylor hit should be a contender for nod in an album. The eagles tequila Sun Rise he did in before his fame is another one that is worthy. Bob Seigers Turn The Page and Night Moves are awesome for an album cut. If Another Blame it All On My Roots type of record comes out will he consider taking the 1986 recording and recutting it for a fresh new album, it would sure fit in with the other one. A number of times garth Preformed live Please Come To Boston previously recorded in 1986 and was a mention in one of his songs Every Time that it Rains an album of influences would not be complete without this selection.Elton John has influenced Garth tremendously with Rocket man that wasn't on the 21014 album but the 1986 demo maybe it would get one the next one.

Skywise
06-13-2015, 03:57 AM
Ok,. offering my next .02

A continuation of what i wrote in post # 1.
I believe their is a great opportunity for more Blame It All On My Roots. Not all the songs front he Vegas shows are represented on his recent package. there may be a great opportunity for a "BIAOMR 2" type of set. However, I don't know that I'd count on seeing it- Garth seemed (to me at least, ) to in a way use the BIAOMR set as a wrapping up of that part of His Career (the Vegas 'run').. it's more indicative of THAT than I think it is the future of Garth music...

Is that a sign for more to come in the future? to quote something that's often attributed to Freud (even if maybe he didn't say it)... "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".. It's not a certainty or even a sign that there are partic. songs that were left out, etc..

it has already been mentioned American Pie. Another Don Mclean Song that garth preformed at an event was called Vincent. a beautiful song would fit right in to a collection. What about : The Grand Tour( George Jones), Piano man(Billy Joel), Sweet baby James,Steam Roller Blues James Taylor. Speaking of Billy Joel another song that comes to mind that is worth while is You May be Right. Willies Saloon in 1986 a rare recording of garth before he was famous he did a number of Billy Joel and James Taylor Hits as mentioned above. The Hungry years is the recording you are referring to.. (I have a page about it only my site, which I believe is noted in my signature). Garth plays 2, maybe 3 songs from James Taylor, and 2 (that i know of ) from Billy Joel.

Abother one not mentioned above was Only The Good Die Young. garth idolizes Simon and garfunkles The Boxer which is one the 1986 recording and i believe in Wynns performance as well and should be a consideration in a next compilation. A number of other live shows had Simon and garfunkels tunes. Fire and Rain another James Taylor hit should be a contender for nod in an album. The eagles tequila Sun Rise he did in before his fame is another one that is worthy. Bob Seigers Turn The Page and Night Moves are awesome for an album cut. If Another Blame it All On My Roots type of record comes out will he consider taking the 1986 recording and recutting it for a fresh new album, it would sure fit in with the other one.

Ok, after reading the above bit- I can see I believe what you are wanting- you want another Hungry years collection. Garth's never to my knowledge acknowledged the Hungry Years' existence (and why would he really, as its a bootleg recording..) WOULD a Hungry years type of release be awesome? YES. Will it happen? NO

A number f times garth Preformed live Please Come To Boston previously recorded in 1986 and was a mention in one of his songs Every Time that it Rains an album of influences would not be complete without this selection.Elton John has influenced Garth tremendously with Rocket man that wasn't on the 21014 album but the 1986 demo maybe it would get one the next one.
Again, a nod to wanting a Hungry years release- unfortunately, the 29 song (most complete version I've seen, with the Craig Clemmons set included) version from analog Cassette sources is all you're going to get.. it's a nice thought but won't happen.. not officially at least

YouSoundBitter
06-13-2015, 12:50 PM
I wish they would've included a cd zooming type cd with the set with clips of the original versions...

Skywise
06-13-2015, 12:50 PM
the original versions? As by the original artists? that may have been a licensing nightmare..

YouSoundBitter
06-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Yes, by the original artists. It might have been a headache but also a cool bonus. But with technology its easy to just go to Amazon and sample the originals, but it would've been nice to have them all together.

Emerald Isle
06-15-2015, 10:39 AM
I think Garth's covers were so straight-forward (i.e., very little rearranging, etc) that including the originals would have come across as incredibly repetitive. But that's just me.

pudge104
10-25-2016, 02:47 PM
I didn't know where to put this request, but it's about the Blame It All On My Roots box. I see there is already high quality artwork out on Target and USA Today's sites for the new box. Was this the case for Blame It All On My Roots? I am finally adding it to iTunes and can't find HQ art. The Walmart page has a clear pic, but has the word NEW on it. Are there any other sources for HQ artwork for the box?

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/213c9660-5d69-4c0a-b791-966407999913_1.f5e2cd463508bc240dfb5cb3d603a172.jp eg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Emerald Isle
10-25-2016, 04:13 PM
This site has great high quality art of the covers.

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers?q=garth+brooks&fltr=ALL&sort=DATE&status=&size=any#

pudge104
10-25-2016, 04:19 PM
This site has great high quality art of the covers.

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers?q=garth+brooks&fltr=ALL&sort=DATE&status=&size=any#

That's my go to site. They have great ones of a couple of the discs, but two others are compressed looking. That's what I'm using now though. The Walmart pics are perfect except for the new album banner.

Emerald Isle
10-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Which two are you looking for?

Skywise
10-25-2016, 04:49 PM
good question- I have to say..... I hadn't known about that site before- great site for covers!! gonna have to update my album covers to higher quality!

Emerald Isle
10-25-2016, 04:59 PM
That's my go to site. They have great ones of a couple of the discs, but two others are compressed looking. That's what I'm using now though. The Walmart pics are perfect except for the new album banner.

If you're good at photo editing, you could replace just the new album banner portion of the Walmart covers with the corresponding portions of the compressed covers you got from album art exchange.

pudge104
10-25-2016, 05:08 PM
Which two are you looking for?

Melting Pot and Blue-Eyed Soul for sure. They don't look exactly right color-wise or size-wise. The other two are pretty good but not perfect comparing to the Walmart scans.

CER956
10-25-2016, 05:10 PM
Wow that's a great site indeed! Anyone notice that the album art that came with the bundle looks blurry (at least on iPods and iPhones)?

Emerald Isle
10-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Melting Pot and Blue-Eyed Soul for sure. They don't look exactly right color-wise or size-wise. The other two are pretty good but not perfect comparing to the Walmart scans.

Are these closer to what you're looking for?

Blu Eyed Soul:
https://lunchtothesound.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/garth-brooks-2013-blue-eyed-soul.jpg

Melting Pot:
https://lunchtothesound.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/garth-brooks-2013-melting-pot.jpg

If not, then I would say that photoshopping the corner of the album art exchange versions onto the Walmart versions you like may be your best best.

pudge104
10-26-2016, 08:02 AM
Are these closer to what you're looking for?

Blu Eyed Soul:
https://lunchtothesound.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/garth-brooks-2013-blue-eyed-soul.jpg

Melting Pot:
https://lunchtothesound.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/garth-brooks-2013-melting-pot.jpg

If not, then I would say that photoshopping the corner of the album art exchange versions onto the Walmart versions you like may be your best best.

Yes, thank you so much, I appreciate it!