PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Album Rumors, Speculation

Emerald Isle
06-08-2015, 10:36 AM
GhostTunes just posted on its Facebook page the first new ad for the digital bundle I've seen in months. The post re-emphasizes that it includes the "2015 studio release".

So, being that it's June and only 5 months from November (Garth's preferred release month), it got me thinking. What are the latest rumors/thoughts/guesses regarding the 2015 album?

Originally, MAM was supposed to be a double album with 30 songs. Then it became a single album with just 14 songs, with the other 16 songs getting held back for the 2015 release. Then Garth said he was starting to trust his own pen more for the "next" album, which throws doubt on whether any of those other 16 songs will even get used. Then rumors started swirling that the 2015 album would actually not get released until early to late spring of 2016. Then the news started flying that Garth and Trisha were recording a duet Christmas album with the hopes of getting it out this year.

Soooo..... if Ghost Tunes is starting to run bundle ads again emphasizing the "2015 studio album," what does that mean? Does it mean we WILL get a new studio album this year, in addition to the Christmas album? Or will the "2015 album" the bundle talks about really be released in 2016 as rumored? Or, will the new Christmas album be considered the "2015 album" in the bundle?

Personally, I hope they don't count the Christmas album as the "2015 release" in the bundle, since I think it makes more sense to put the new Christmas album in its own bundle with Garth's and Trisha's previous Christmas albums for like $19.99 or something like that.

But anyway, thoughts? Rumors?

meganclouser
06-08-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm really hoping the "2015 studio album" isn't the Christmas one either.. I am honestly not a big fan of Christmas music, and in fact Garth's 2 Christmas CD's are the only ones I listen to. I know there has also been speculation that the new album will be a concept album, as I know Garth has been quoted as saying he loves the idea and would like to do it.. However, I feel that a concept album would have to be much more planned, and that if this "2015 studio album" was going to be a concept album that we would know for sure by now. I'm also of course hoping that the new album comes out in 2015 and doesn't have to get put on hold until almost a year from now... I'm already itching for more Garth.

Also, I love the idea of all the previous and the new Christmas albums together as a bundle. I think that would be a great plan..

Haven't really heard much about it, think the last rumors I heard were about it getting pushed back to 2016.. Just my thoughts :)

-Megan

Charles
06-08-2015, 01:38 PM
I think Garth is going to release a studio album this year..i know he talks about trusting his pen, and some of those songs can still make the new album. Come on Garth, just put the other songs taht were going to be on MAM and that can be an album!

The Christmas Duets album may come out too..and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Christmas bundle available too.

Mr_Sevens
06-08-2015, 03:18 PM
One thing I think we should all remember here is that GhostTunes is essentially just the messenger. IF Garth doesn't deliver a new album this year, that's not on them. I can already see people getting angry at them over it.

I really hope G does a new album this year and I really hope it's NOT the Christmas album. It'll be forgotten just as quickly as MAM was. Because let's be real...MAM is dead.

If Garth is planning a new album for this Fall, a lead will make a lot more sense than a third MAM single.

Does Sony have a new leader yet? Surely whoever it is will see that changes need to be made for a new album. Maybe we'll see another announcement in July like we did last year.

One thing is for sure...the tour will continue, as will the press conferences, and Garth won't be able to give vague answers forever. Eventually he'll have to say whether or not we'll see a new album this year.

The Fever
06-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Its June. Its too early to be telling us about an album later in the year. If they tell us now, I kind of expect it soon enough. But noooo, that won't happen. Why tell us now, why get the speculation going? Give us something solid.

Brett Dale
06-08-2015, 11:24 PM
I want a new studio album. I want him to use apples NEW streaming music service. I dont want him to cancel tv appearances, because of a riot.

I would like a third single from Man against machine. (but that anit going to happen)

But mainly its a new studio album that I want.

I wont be buying a DUET XMAS album.

If we dont get a new studio album, that would really really suck.

Im sorry, but if Garth thinks a duet xmas album is going to ge the fans excited, hes totally misreading everything.

I will guarantee you it wont even sell 250 thousand copies in its entire run.

NEW MUSIC FROM GARTH IS WHAT I WANT!

Brett Dale
06-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Just out of interest, maybe the next time he has a press conference, before the start of the next city, we can all write to the local media, asking them, will there be a new
studio album this year, (bnot counting xmas duet album)

And also ask the media dont let Garth wave off the question, really push him for a definte answer.

Brett Dale
06-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Just been to the Ghost Tunes website

It says...

MERCHANDISE COMING VERY SOON

Im kinda guessing that same message will be up there, this time next year.

I really wish there was reporters that would ask Garth why is this so delayed. I
also wish the questions would require a direct answer from Garth.

Mr_Sevens
06-09-2015, 12:40 AM
Yeah, the GhostTunes website has said that merchandise is coming very soon since last September. Just like GB.com has said the Believersis coming soon.

meganclouser
06-09-2015, 01:47 AM
still waiting for the damn believers to come back.. that one had said coming soon for waaaaay too long.. never got a chance to be a believer before, I'm only 20 right now.. but definitely want to be one :(

Skywise
06-09-2015, 03:12 AM
I hate to say it like this, but "I'll believe it when I see it"......

Brett Dale
06-10-2015, 02:46 AM
So Ive tweeted Ghost Tunes, I messaged them, I facebooked them, no reply. Brilliant customer service to my inquiry about the new studio album huh!

Lowland_Kid
06-10-2015, 03:06 AM
I doubt they are allowed to give you that information.

Anonymous
06-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Just out of interest, maybe the next time he has a press conference, before the start of the next city, we can all write to the local media, asking them, will there be a new
studio album this year, (bnot counting xmas duet album)

And also ask the media dont let Garth wave off the question, really push him for a definte answer.

I'm pretty sure the local media is more concerned about the shows he'll be doing in their city that weekend. They're not interested in studio albums or merchandise on his website-and there's no reason they should be concerned about it. Unfortunately, there's no country music version of "Meet The Press" for Garth to appear on to answer these questions ;)

wimpy77
06-10-2015, 12:23 PM
So Ive tweeted Ghost Tunes, I messaged them, I facebooked them, no reply. Brilliant customer service to my inquiry about the new studio album huh!

they aren't obligated to tell you about any upcoming releases and they sure aren't going to tell you anything. When that information is ready to be told he will tell you himself.

Brett Dale
06-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Heres the thing though they are advertising in the bundle on their webpage "New studio album in 2015" Surly the public has the right to
know if that album is going to be a xmas duet album or an actual new album from Garth.

Mr_Sevens
06-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Heres the thing though they are advertising in the bundle on their webpage "New studio album in 2015" Surly the public has the right to
know if that album is going to be a xmas duet album or an actual new album from Garth.

No they don't. And when you purchase the bundle the fine print says that release dates on preorders can change at any time. So they're really not obligated to do or say anything.

Garthmedic
06-11-2015, 12:50 AM
No they don't. And when you purchase the bundle the fine print says that release dates on preorders can change at any time. So they're really not obligated to do or say anything.

I tend to agree that he is not legally held, nor obligated to share that info.

Brett Dale
06-11-2015, 02:56 AM
I tend to agree that he is not legally held, nor obligated to share that info.

True but they of course know what the album is going to be at this stage, be kinda nice to let the fanbase know.

meganclouser
06-11-2015, 02:56 AM
would it be nice to know what type of album we're getting and when? yes. does ghost tunes have to release that info? no. is anyone obligated to tell us info on the album? no. plus with the disturbances at the label, garth may not even be 100% sure on what's going to be happening with it.. when Garth knows what's happening and decides that he wants to release that information he will.. I'm just as eager and impatient as anyone else,, believe me.. but I figure Garth will release the info when he feels is best for everyone. :)

The Fever
06-11-2015, 05:16 AM
Something is telling me its going to be an actual album.

Can he advertise a duet album under his own name? Surly it should be Garth Brooks + Trisha Yearwood together?

Skywise
06-11-2015, 11:42 AM
know if that album is going to be a xmas duet album or an actual new album from Garth.ya know I was thinking about this post yesterday- technically- either an xmas duet album OR a new solo album WOULD qualify as a new studio album in 2015.. just saying..

Skywise
06-11-2015, 11:43 AM

that's true- there's no LEGAL obligation to say anything- I kinda take it much the same way you'd take a pro wrestling card saying 'card subject to change' at the bottom of the tickets you bought, etc. - things can change at a whim..

Emerald Isle
06-11-2015, 03:30 PM
I disagree that the shakeup at Sony should delay anything. I mean, it's not like the lights are off and people aren't showing up to work over there while they wait for someone to take the reins or anything like that. Someone has to making decisions, even if its just in an acting capacity.

That said, knowing that Garth is very cautious about making decisions, and that he likes to deal one-on-one with the highest possible person in charge in order to get the conditions and assurances he wants out the deal (the Wal-Mart and Wynn deals were negotiated this way), it's possible Garth will refuse to do anything until things at Sony settle down.

meganclouser
06-12-2015, 12:15 AM
I don't necessarily think that the shakeup at Sony should delay anything, but I have to agree that Garth may still put it off seeing as he really does like to deal with the people in charge one-on-one, and we all know that he will not allow for this album to be released unless he is 100% happy with the negotiations and the conditions and feels that the right actions will be taken and that the energy will be able to be put into promoting the album well.. This whole situation is reminiscent of when the release of Sevens got delayed... Garth isn't going to release this album until he feels it is the best time to do so.. :)