PDA

View Full Version : Garth interview on Tampa Radio

copinark
06-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Interview from Garth explaining the cancelling of the Tampa concert. He also mentioned the U.S. portion of the tour being booked through 2017. I think this confirms a previous post we have from someone who met with Dave Gant and he said the same thing. Looks like no overseas tour till 2018 maybe?

http://995qyk.com/2015/06/02/garth-brooks-calls-dave-veronica-to-talk-about-cancelled-shows/

Skywise
06-02-2015, 07:06 PM
I've heard that venues are 'booked' through 2017 too, yeah.. (hey, can we hope for a return trip to the colorado area? prob not but it'd be nice!)

AronP24
06-03-2015, 02:25 AM
Interview from Garth explaining the cancelling of the Tampa concert. He also mentioned the U.S. portion of the tour being booked through 2017. I think this confirms a previous post we have from someone who met with Dave Gant and he said the same thing. Looks like no overseas tour till 2018 maybe?

http://995qyk.com/2015/06/02/garth-brooks-calls-dave-veronica-to-talk-about-cancelled-shows/

That was I who talked to Dave in Atlanta last year and yup.. Confirms what he said and that I wasn't full of sh*t :-)
On a slightly more negative note, based on this forum, various articles and music on the radio in general these days, it appears our man is now a novelty act w/ a slick entrance and a nostalgic following. It's sad to see and sad to say but there are some amazing tracks on the CD that could've done well... But it is what it is. My wife and i got upgraded to front row that Atlanta evening thus crossing off a damn near lifelong bucket list quest and I havent looked back since. Was hoping to duplicate again in a few weeks in birmingham but I just don't have that drive in me anymore to soend the money and energy... it just isn't what it 'was' in the 90s. Perhaps it's because Im 20 years older now with other priorities, perhaps it IS because I finally got that front row experience or perhaps it is because he hasn't moved on WITH us.. I don't know.
But I'm glad to see he is booked through then and I hope he eventually comes around to modern times. And modern ways of having his music and message heard. Sorry if this hits folks on here the wrong way.

Skywise
06-03-2015, 02:39 AM
perhaps it is because he hasn't moved on WITH us.. I don't know.
But I'm glad to see he is booked through then and I hope he eventually comes around to modern times. And modern ways of having his music and message heard. Sorry if this hits folks on here the wrong way.

no needs to worry about hitting people the wrong way (at least not this 'people'.) well said man, well said- Dang have I really known you for 20 years? almost I think....

Awesome that you got the front row experience.. would LOVE that- don't know if my fandom could take it :)

OSCI
06-03-2015, 04:44 AM
That was I who talked to Dave in Atlanta last year and yup.. Confirms what he said and that I wasn't full of sh*t :-)
On a slightly more negative note, based on this forum, various articles and music on the radio in general these days, it appears our man is now a novelty act w/ a slick entrance and a nostalgic following. It's sad to see and sad to say but there are some amazing tracks on the CD that could've done well... But it is what it is. My wife and i got upgraded to front row that Atlanta evening thus crossing off a damn near lifelong bucket list quest and I havent looked back since. Was hoping to duplicate again in a few weeks in birmingham but I just don't have that drive in me anymore to soend the money and energy... it just isn't what it 'was' in the 90s. Perhaps it's because Im 20 years older now with other priorities, perhaps it IS because I finally got that front row experience or perhaps it is because he hasn't moved on WITH us.. I don't know.

Welllll I am saddened to say it but I kinda agree. Feeling like those good fans in Dublin.3 Canceled Tampa tickets and I am wondering if I was stupid for spending the time and money or was I trying to live in the past? Must also admit that I have never bought Man Against Machine.. Even worse to admit but it kinda pisses me off that I look so much older and his cd photos don't come close to the way he really looks. And yes I understand marketing but I just have a problem with it now. Years ago I would give him a pass on it. So I might spend the refunded tickets money and travel expenses on a class for me! Just sayin

YouSoundBitter
06-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Have you got your refund yet? Nothing yet for me.

OSCI
06-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Have you got your refund yet? Nothing yet for me.

Nothing yet, they take money instantly but they say it will take 7-10 Business days to get a refund

wimpy77
06-03-2015, 08:47 PM
What I'm reading from some people is that want him to be like he was 20 years ago. Are you like you were when you were 20 yrs ago?

Now for Garth in 2015. Garth is bullheaded and a sloth living in the 90's when it comes to the music of today. He's like Gene Simmons and others, if it's not his way then it's wrong. He's no different than acts when they get older.

OSCI
06-03-2015, 10:38 PM
What I'm reading from some people is that want him to be like he was 20 years ago. Are you like you were when you were 20 yrs ago?

Now for Garth in 2015. Garth is bullheaded and a sloth living in the 90's when it comes to the music of today. He's like Gene Simmons and others, if it's not his way then it's wrong. He's no different than acts when they get older.

What part of "I look so much older" did I stutter saying... I said I was living in the past... It's all good people. I just have the right to re-evaluate what I want to spend my $ on. It just might be Garth tickets again. If not, I have had many Garth moments and concerts, Garth ventures that I treasure and I will not feel as if I missed out IF I never get to talk to him or go to another concert. I have left no stone unturned. No regrets

Skywise
06-03-2015, 11:15 PM

I had a whole other response ready to go, wimpy... then i read the whole of your reply.. good points