PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Garth

mbarker
05-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Lucas Hoge is set to release a new single in 2015 called “Power of Garth” – a poignant ballad heralding the legacy of country icon Garth Brooks. I am searching for lyrics to this song...

http://www.lovinlyrics.com/2015/05/reviver-records-lucas-hoge-slated-for.html

meganclouser
05-12-2015, 08:54 PM
wow.., can't wait to hear it omg

Mr_Sevens
05-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Maaaaan. I really hope this is isn't endless of verses trying to cleverly work Garth song titles into sentences. The title already has me cringing a bit.

ElectricOutcast
05-12-2015, 10:19 PM
Make it like U2's The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) is all I'm asking. There's a perfect example of making a tribute song.

meganclouser
05-12-2015, 11:41 PM
Maaaaan. I really hope this is isn't endless of verses trying to cleverly work Garth song titles into sentences. The title already has me cringing a bit.

Same here... I feel like this could either turn out really well and make me cry, or turn out really awful & cheesy... Guess we'll see soon enough..

parlevoo
06-03-2015, 06:46 AM
Not lucas, but here it is

https://youtu.be/dLcLpuTrYF8

Garthmedic
06-03-2015, 10:36 AM
It's good! I like it!!

Lowland_Kid
06-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Very cool indeed! Well done! "those melodies will forever be wrapped around my heart" And that is just the way it is!

Skywise
06-03-2015, 01:14 PM
hmm- I listened to it without the 'benefit' or 'detriment' of comments from the PG 'public' to inform my judgment...

the Good- like the tune- it's def. memorable... I like how it wove Garth songs into the title without going 'too far' in to the cheese category... the emotions- it does speak very well to the power of Garth's music to reach people

the Bad- I'm hoping that whoever is singing it (as this was I assume the songwriters and not this lucas hoge person?) has a slightly deeper voice- the song's not bad but it kinda 'whines' a bit to me- that's a bit off putting until you get used to the song... Also, though it's great to hear garth song titles woven into the lyrics, it's also cheesy at points too, have to be honest..

now, gotta get all the lyrics and the chords so I can play it on my gb-7c

Skywise
06-03-2015, 01:17 PM
hmm- lucas is going to be in my neck of the woods next weekend.. dang.. too bad though -he's going to be about 2-3 hours away in southern colorado... and it's my birthday weekend, and my girls have vacation bible school next week- road trip for one poss. song, not gonna happen.. oh well, I def. want to hear the song when its released though

Skywise
06-03-2015, 01:28 PM
hmm kinda simple chords...

appearing to be all Bsus4, Amaj7, F#m7, Esus4

garthcop
06-05-2015, 12:45 PM
I thought the song would be deeper with more songs referred to, but it does a good job of expressing what Garth means to us!

Skywise
06-05-2015, 12:58 PM
that it does.. would like to hear more songs referred to, but then again, it also would potentially slide into what Sevens was fearing, just trying to work the song titles into sentences...

still, will be nice to hear a prof. recording of it when it comes out..

author
06-07-2015, 04:00 AM
I liked it!! Which surprised me! :)