PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stone: A Walk with Garth Brooks

Mr_Sevens
04-29-2015, 02:18 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/a-walk-with-garth-brooks-20150429

Most interesting takeaway for me:

He says plans for a third single from the chart-topping LP, which was released in November his first studio album of new material since 2001's Scarecrow are on hold until the label's changeover to a still-to-be-named leader is complete. "My thing is allow them the freedom to make that transition and get a plan and nobody's heard anything about that yet," says the singer, who is now working on a holiday album with Yearwood.

copinark
04-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Interesting answer to the Ireland question. Also the future of Man against Machine in regards to another single. I think we all remember the last time Garth was on a record label and the head of the company was fired. The album was delayed for some time.

ElectricOutcast
04-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Interesting answer to the Ireland question. Also the future of Man against Machine in regards to another single. I think we all remember the last time Garth was on a record label and the head of the company was fired. The album was delayed for some time.

To be honest with you, I wasn't even aware of THAT excruciating saga until they talked about it on Inside Fame and read The Garth Factor as well.

garthcop
04-29-2015, 04:49 PM
Good article.

Brett Dale
04-29-2015, 08:12 PM
There is not a chance in hell we will see a third single from this album, and I dont think there will be a studio album released this year also, (we may get a xmas duet album with trisha though)

Can ya imagine how different things wouldve been if he went with big machine records.

ElectricOutcast
04-29-2015, 09:20 PM
The way I look at Big Machine Records these days, I don't deny how it gave me the man who saved my life 9 years ago or how it helped give Garth a resurgence, but that's all it's done. Big Machine is just nothing but a Bro-Country joke now.

YouSoundBitter
04-30-2015, 03:43 AM
The next album is mustly done by now. It will still be released in the fall or spring. The head of the label and GB in the studio is separate issues.

The Fever
04-30-2015, 04:35 AM
Was there a hint somewhere in that about getting European gigs earlier than expected? Then coming back and finishing off America?

I was thinking with the way he's going through cities, he could have his 60 cities done by March-April 2017. He did mention that they wont be doing as many cities as the last tour. Last september, there was 60 cities mentioned, or two thirds of the last tour. But no way am I getting 2018.

SoCalGarthFan
04-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Was there a hint somewhere in that about getting European gigs earlier than expected? Then coming back and finishing off America?

I was thinking with the way he's going through cities, he could have his 60 cities done by March-April 2017. He did mention that they wont be doing as many cities as the last tour. Last september, there was 60 cities mentioned, or two thirds of the last tour. But no way am I getting 2018.

I find 2018 very hard to believe. But this year is certainly out. There will be several months lead time between onsales and the shows, since many if not all will be in stadiums. This would also allow people more time to travel if they want to see a show in another country.

If he intends to do Europe in one shot, he'll certainly start in May or June at the absolute latest.

I was surprised he did not go there this summer, but perhaps he felt there was still too much to still cover in the U.S. I think if he does plan on going to Europe next summer, something will be announced in 7-9 months, between November and January.

Edit: If for some reason he still plays arenas in Europe, he's going to need a LOT more time for shows. Perhaps even with a break or two to travel back home. I'd say an arena tour in Europe does not bode well, since to do it in one shot he'll neglect the U.S. for perhaps half a year, and that could also have something to do with '17 or '18 being the year for Europe.