PDA

View Full Version : Another HuffPo blog about Garth (and it's beautiful)

ElectricOutcast
04-21-2015, 09:25 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/buster-ross/dear-garth-brooks-peoplel_b_7107186.html

Some of you may not agree with what some humans desire in terms of love and sex but in my opinion this is the most heartfelt piece I've seen in a long while.

Mr_Sevens
04-21-2015, 11:15 PM
Wow. That really moved me. Absolutely wonderful.

Garthmedic
04-22-2015, 12:08 AM
Wow is exactly the right word. :)

meganclouser
04-22-2015, 02:08 AM
read that one earlier today, and being not 100% straight myself, it really hit me. I can't believe that I had no idea before that Betsy was apparently gay, but it makes me love the man even more to know that he supports it (I knew he did with the "free to love anyone we choose" line from WSBF of course, but). just another reason to put on my long long list of reasons I love this man so much

Lowland_Kid
04-22-2015, 02:19 AM
Great article.

garth76
04-22-2015, 08:39 AM
Saw this article yesterday. It's great!

AHBAMember
04-25-2015, 06:12 PM
You know, I was maybe 10 or 12 when I started listening to Garth, and I really never understood why "We Shall Be Free" was so controversial.

My mom said, "Well, it is saying people of different races should get along - there are people who don't believe that."

I didn't at that time understand that "free to love anyone we choose," was a gay-rights reference.

To be honest, I'm now a tad surprised there haven't been some objections to the song FROM the gay community...because of the use of the word "choose." Many LGBT advocates will emphasize very strongly that "we didn't choose to be this way."

Paula
04-26-2015, 11:46 AM
I didn't at that time understand that "free to love anyone we choose," was a gay-rights reference.

To be honest, I'm now a tad surprised there haven't been some objections to the song FROM the gay community...because of the use of the word "choose." Many LGBT advocates will emphasize very strongly that "we didn't choose to be this way." But "choose" doesn't refer to a choice in being gay or straight, it refers to being free to love anyone, whatever their gender, race, etc.

Paula