PDA

View Full Version : Garth on People cover

Cat3192
04-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Jumped on the forum to check latest concert news and such and was surprised nobody has brought up this subject. Arrived on my tablet yesterday but haven't had a chance ti read the article. It should it stands this week. Regukar People not the country version.

garthcop
04-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Man, that picture on their website of him makes him look old. Wonder if that was intentional.

Skywise
04-11-2015, 05:38 PM
It's def. the regular version- I've forgotten to mention it- my mom's a subscriber so she's given me the issue to collect..

it's a rather good article- not totally what I was thinking.. it's about him and raising his girls.. a few pics you may not have seen.. Garth's not the BIGGEST watchman when it came to their nutrition though.. ("dinners most nights were chicken strips or macaroni and cheese" is a paraphrased quote..)

Skywise
04-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Man, that picture on their website of him makes him look old. Wonder if that was intentional.
now THAT's one I had to shake my head at ;) ..

no, it wasn't intentional.. Garth's old- thats how he looks..

garthcop
04-11-2015, 06:09 PM
That's the oldest looking pic I have seen of him since he came out of retirement. You would think it would have been airbrushed more like all of his other work. He doesn't even look like that on tv during interviews.

RandyZie
04-11-2015, 09:13 PM
uhhh...Am I looking at the same images? I think it's one of the better shots of him lately. I think the tour is starting to get him in shape a little more, I'd have to compare pictures of first concert vs latest though. He's not looking bad, but I can say, we both would look better if we lost a few pounds hah!

garthcop
04-12-2015, 12:47 AM
I have only seen the facial pic they have on the first page of their homepage with all of his wrinkles and baggy eyelids. I haven't looked at the others yet.

Skywise
04-12-2015, 12:52 AM
uhhh...Am I looking at the same images? I think it's one of the better shots of him lately. I think the tour is starting to get him in shape a little more, I'd have to compare pictures of first concert vs latest though. He's not looking bad, but I can say, we both would look better if we lost a few pounds hah!

amen to that one! I'm the same way (could stand to lose a few pounds)

Garth certainly could- but the tour's gotta kick his butt somewhat into shape!

Cat3192
04-14-2015, 01:53 PM
I think the pic of him in the body of the article and on the contents page is adorable. He's leaning over and u can tell he was just giggling at something. And he's over 50. I think he looks great.

meganclouser
04-22-2015, 03:04 AM
The ones inside the magazine he looks simply amazing, I love them. The cover one could be better I guess, but hell I always think the guy looks good. Let me tell you, he looks even better in person! Tour looks good on him, he looks happy & like he's getting a little more in shape. Either way, the guy looks amazing for 53.

onair
04-24-2015, 11:27 AM
Check out the Portland Press Conference.

Garth made some comments specifically in regards to the article.