PDA

View Full Version : New Garth Guitar?

rmila00
04-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Did anyone happen to catch the guitar Garth was holding on GMA this morning (3/10) when they 1st talked to him? It looks like it's probably a Takamine, but it had a redesigned soundhole. This one has a "g" designed into the soundhole instead of the guitar shape. Wonder if his Takamine model has been redesigned and going to be available for sale?

YouSoundBitter
04-10-2015, 10:53 AM
I didn't even notice! LOL

But if it's new, is it this one or the older one that is part of the VIP deal?

garth_fan_13
04-10-2015, 12:52 PM
It was in the album booklet as well. I hope it's a redesigned GB7c! It's a really cool design.

RandyZie
04-10-2015, 01:12 PM
I must be blind today, can't see it in the video or album booklet...

garth_fan_13
04-10-2015, 01:31 PM
:D If it's not in the booklet, maybe it was in the extended album artwork I saw somewhere. It's in the bigger version of the photo that is the album artwork for Mom.

The Fever
04-10-2015, 03:34 PM
https://twitter.com/GMA/status/586500715327004675

Is this the guitar I came across on twitter

YouSoundBitter
04-10-2015, 08:26 PM
As much as I love the "g" logo, I think I like the older style better, its so recognizable and unique.

GBJR77
04-10-2015, 09:04 PM
I just don't like it at all. Is it actually a sound hole - or is it a 'g' shaped insert like the rubber noise stoppers some pickers use? How would this sound acoustically? Would it wind up essentially needing to be 'plugged in' to get a decent sound, like some of the odd acoustic/electrics with only a small hole in the very top?

YouSoundBitter
04-11-2015, 01:05 AM
Was it at the last shows he did?

garth_fan_13
04-11-2015, 11:00 AM
I just don't like it at all. Is it actually a sound hole - or is it a 'g' shaped insert like the rubber noise stoppers some pickers use? How would this sound acoustically? Would it wind up essentially needing to be 'plugged in' to get a decent sound, like some of the odd acoustic/electrics with only a small hole in the very top?

It looks like it is actually carved into the guitar, and if not, it's a wood feedback buster. As a guitar player, it would probably function much like a hollow-body electric guitar, with the same acoustic qualities plugged in. There's not really any saying though until we hear it! :)

Skywise
04-11-2015, 04:47 PM
honestly? IF that's a new garth guitar- it's an ugly one- is it (as KRR said above) a sound hole or some type of insert?

it's possible maybe that it was something 'special' for gma? (don't know really but i'm sure that's possible..) or for the contest he's having (haven't seen all the details there)..

the Tak GB7C is unique and original in a great way- this one is well, unique in a dorky way

Skywise
04-11-2015, 04:48 PM
dthinking though- peeps at the current concerts would prob. have chance to answer questions about whether or not he's using it, or if it's just a promo type of thing... or the VIP's yeah.. or heck, even when he's on the ACM's