PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks to Collaborate with

Brett Dale
04-02-2015, 12:21 AM
With the biggest names in the music industry collaborating with other artists from other genres
or their own genre, I got excited when I heard Garth was doing this, so who is he going to collaborate
with???

Sir Paul McCartney???? No
Rihanna????? No
Snoop No
ACDC No
Madonna No
Swift No
Springsteen No
McLean No

well how about his country counterparts??

George Strait No
Haggard No
Dolly No
Chesney No
Willie Nelson NO

Garth is going to Collaborate with the world wide known kid HUNTER HAYES!!!!!!!!!

Is Garth really that insignificant now???

Perhaps if Hunter pulls out, he maybe can get the guy who got sixth in The X Factor season seven???

Have we got it wrong?

I wouldve thought the guy with the biggest album sales in history, the guy with the biggest tour currently, would
have A Listers begging him to work with them, not some kid whos written a few songs.

As I said before, big name artists across all genres are working together, Sir Paul is working with Rappers. Pop stars
are working with Rock stars, country stars from across different generations are working with each other and Rock/Pop
stars, but Garth is working with Hunter Hayes????

Didnt Garth go on larry king a few years ago, talking about working with Sir Paul Mccartney???

wimpy77
04-02-2015, 01:18 AM
Do you even know who Hunter Hayes is? it doesn't seem like you do.

Brett Dale
04-02-2015, 02:07 AM
According to Hunter Hayes, its on between him and Garth and a announcement is coming soon.

I had a quick look at youtube, and wiki, (before I posted the original post) and hes a 23 year old man who looks 12, and sings like Justin Bieber wouldve done at age 10.

Sugary, poppy, makes Swift looks like Cash. Yep some grammy nods. and a successful single.

Brett Dale
04-02-2015, 02:09 AM
Hunter Hayes article (couple of years ago)

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/hunter-hayes-wanted-review-rant

Mr_Sevens
04-02-2015, 02:51 AM
1) Do you have ANY sort of source to back up this claim? The only thing I could find was from Entertainment Tonight and the details there were very scarce.
2) You're clearly letting your bias get in the way here. Hunter Hayes is quite popular, very relevant, NOTHING like Justin Bieber and a self-professed Garth fan. I don't see the problem.

This is the kind of collaboration Garth should be doing from time to time IMO. No one cares about two old guys singing together anymore. Garth interacting with people like Hayes is how he gets a chance to "help" shape music again. I say help because he can't do it by himself anymore.

RandyZie
04-02-2015, 10:01 AM
No one cares about two old guys singing together anymore.

I don't even know what to say to that...

gbroadtrip
04-02-2015, 10:15 AM

AGREE!! If Garth and George Straight teamed up for a collaboration it would be newsworthy (two "old" guys)

As mentioned in another thread... the idea of a Garth/Reba collaboration would be newsworthy.

Shannon

Skywise
04-02-2015, 10:35 AM
wasn't hunter hayes a kid who was originally 'discovered' on the maury povich show? I've heard of him but never listened to him- will have to hear before judging

mbarker
04-02-2015, 12:23 PM
I took the it as Garth and Hunter could be collaborating on something for the ACM Lifting Lives Benefit.

Mr_Sevens
04-02-2015, 02:34 PM

I'm sorry, but it's true. Even George Strait is failing at radio now. If Garth and George released a duet together I don't think it would perform well at all on radio. Not anymore.

Mr_Sevens
04-02-2015, 02:36 PM
AGREE!! If Garth and George Straight teamed up for a collaboration it would be newsworthy (two "old" guys)

As mentioned in another thread... the idea of a Garth/Reba collaboration would be newsworthy.

Shannon

It probably would't though. As much as I'd love to hear it or as much as I'd love to hear a Garth/Reba duet, the industry won't care.

So now you have to look at whether Garth cares about the industry anymore. He does, because he's trying. He just wants to do it his way.

wimpy77
04-02-2015, 10:59 PM
I agree with Sevens on this one. I don't radio would care if he did a duet with Reba or George Strait. The industry has moved on to younger artists with some exceptions (I don't think people actually know that Keith Urban is 47). That's how it has always worked, the younger generation comes in and the older one gets phased out. It happened by in 1989 and it's happening now.

RandyZie
04-02-2015, 11:00 PM
radio caring != he should or shouldn't do it

wimpy77
04-02-2015, 11:04 PM

my opinion, try it and if it doesn't work then oh well. imo hunter hayes is talented but his producer is dan huff and he's trying to make him a younger keith urban.

YouSoundBitter
04-03-2015, 08:26 AM
It might just be one of those duets (more or less background vocals) deal too?!?! I would love to hear a duet with GB and Miranda or Carry Underwood, personally.

Mr_Sevens
04-03-2015, 10:25 AM

And neither does this board's opinion on Hunter Hayes.

rock815
04-03-2015, 02:24 PM
http://www.etonline.com/music/162093_hunter_hayes_teases_garth_brooks_collaborat ion_we_ve_got_some_fun_ideas/

jturtels
04-04-2015, 01:34 AM
Guessing you've all seen this? Pretty great!

http://youtu.be/etffxJVAwIc

Skywise
04-04-2015, 01:48 AM
I'm sorry, but it's true. Even George Strait is failing at radio now. If Garth and George released a duet together I don't think it would perform well at all on radio. Not anymore.

Gotta say, as awesome as a Garth/George Duet would be- I'm afraid it'd be seen as 'two old men' and not as what it truly could be. Well put Sevens

Darkness
04-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Guessing you've all seen this? Pretty great!

http://youtu.be/etffxJVAwIc

Having heard of Hunter Hayes (Opened for Taylor Swift during her Speak Now World Tour), this is fantastic. Knew he was going to be something, his music is...okay to me. Nothing special, but the crowd was absolutely eating that up there.

GoesATG
04-08-2015, 07:20 PM
My wife and I saw him Hunter when he opened for Carrie Underwood. He is probably my wife's favorite newer artist. Very talented young man.