PDA

View Full Version : Garth Brooks/Reba McEntire Duet Would You Be Here For It?

darkcountry
03-21-2015, 09:13 PM
A duet I have wanted to have happen since the early 90s is a Garth Brooks/Reba duet. The King and Queen of country music.

Would you be here for it?

Skywise
03-21-2015, 09:22 PM
I think it'd be interesting for certain

Lowland_Kid
03-22-2015, 06:06 AM
Not me. I have never liked her voice.

Mr_Sevens
03-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Hell yeah, I would! Her duets album several years back was great. I'd love to see her do another one with a Garth duet.

Skywise
03-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Take these with a grain of salt until verified but....

Evident setlists for 3/20 late show, and 3/21 shows

3/21 late show

Man Against Machine
Rodeo
Two of a Kind, Workin' on a Full House
The Beaches of Cheyenne
The River
Two Piņa Coladas
Papa Loved Mama
Ain't Goin' Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)
Unanswered Prayers
If Tomorrow Never Comes
That Summer
The Thunder Rolls
People Loving People
In Another's Eyes
Trisha Yearwood
XXX's and OOO's (An American Girl)
How Do I Live
PrizeFighter
Georgia Rain
She's in Love With the Boy
Garth Brooks
Shameless
Callin' Baton Rouge
Friends in Low Places
The Dance

Encore:
The Fever

Encore 2:
Night Moves
Amarillo By Morning
Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)
Standing Outside the Fire

3/21 early show

(not posted)

3/21 late show
Man Against Machine

Rodeo

Two of a Kind, Workin' on a Full House

The Beaches of Cheyenne

The River

Two Piņa Coladas

Papa Loved Mama

Ain't Goin' Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)

Unanswered Prayers

Make You Feel My Love
That Summer

The Thunder Rolls

People Loving People

In Another's Eyes
XXX's and OOO's (An American Girl)
How Do I Live
Walkaway Joe
She's In Love With The Boy
Shameless
Callin' Baton Rouge
Friends in Low Places
The Dance

Encore:
The Fever
Encore 2:
Mom
Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy
Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)
Longneck Bottle
Standing Outside the Fire

Emerald Isle
03-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy???? Holy_____! I have to see a video of that!

Skywise
03-23-2015, 01:19 AM
Man!! from what I am hearing, he did She's Every Woman followed by what she's doing now.. and put in Good Ride Cowboy and If Tomorrow Never Comes.. also sounding like his voice is rather hoarse right now- but he DOES have a day off before Tuesday! :)

allisonv7
03-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Maybe you'll get your wish at the ACMs next month, I believe Reba's scheduled to perform as well! ;)

MuchTooYoung
03-25-2015, 01:05 PM
A duet I have wanted to have happen since the early 90s is a Garth Brooks/Reba duet. The King and Queen of country music.

Would you be here for it?

I misunderstood the title of this thread and thought that there was a new duet called "Would You Be Here for It" that was being announced. Also, as much as I love Garth, the reigning King is still George Strait. Reba, however, I will readily concede is still the reigning Queen.

Hell yeah, I would! Her duets album several years back was great. I'd love to see her do another one with a Garth duet.

I was really disappointed by that album. Most of the songwriting was mediocre at best, and the entire production was built around showing off vocals, with scant attention paid to servicing the song. It was an exercise in self-indulgence from start to finish. Hell, even the package conceded that no one cared about the songs themselves; flip the CD over to the back and it only lists the duet partners instead of song titles. Why? Because no one cared what was being sung; just who it was being sung with. That's a horrible mentality for an album of any kind, in any genre, by any artist.

Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy???? Holy_____! I have to see a video of that!

YES! I'm thrilled to hear that this is back in the set list mix! I got to hear Chris LeDoux sing that on 4 June 2004. Man, am I glad I was able to make it to that show! Anyone who cares to see the set list from that show will find it >here (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/chris-ledoux/2004/kentucky-speedway-sparta-ky-73d4b6c1.html)<. Also, if anyone here uses setlist.fm and wants to friend me over there, here's >my profile (http://www.setlist.fm/user/TravisSMcClain)<.

ElectricOutcast
04-04-2015, 08:12 PM
I know both Strait and Reba did a co-headlining tour a while back, but I think they should be the ones doing a duet, I don't even care if they release it as a single as long as they do it.

Skywise
04-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Honestly, and this is prob. not the popular opinion, I don't really want to hear at Garth/Reba duet- back in the day sure, it would have been awesome- Garth's trying to 're-emerge'.. Reba's kinda fallen way to the wayside IMO.. Sure, they are both still awesome.. But it's yet another take on WHAT WAS and not WHAT IS..... For Garth to do that would keep one foot in the 'what used to be when things were different' pond.. Garth needs to truly break through/step forward if he wants to recapture FULLY what the magic was, not what nostalgia can be. (once again, take KISS , one of Garth's influences, as a model..... They reunited- TREMENDOUS tour..... all the 'old stuff'... yet, they couldn't fully recapture the 'new'... Psycho Circus- ho hum.. sonic boom- ho hum.. Monster.. HO HUM.. 1 maybe 2 memorable songs each..) Now? for all intents and purposes, they're a nostalgia band.. Legions of fans, yes- but not relevant...

Garth needs to continue his re-emergence without totally dipping into the nostalgia pond too much.... for any sense of longevity...

onair
04-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Are we talking about Kix or Garth?? Just kidding. I would leave the Reba duets to B&D. Actually I would love to see their shows out in Vegas.