PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Magazine youtube video about Garth

Brett Dale
03-20-2015, 04:51 AM
Not nice at all, not even the least bit funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zf8xcNVC4

Skywise
03-20-2015, 11:14 AM
ehh, not that big of a deal overall- just remember, they were probably young the last time Garth was around- they don't 'Get it'.. don't let it get t you- that and, cracked is trying to be a comedy type of entity, they cater to a well, let's just say an audience who probably finds a lot of their posts/commentaries funny when they're inebriated.. in short, the college humor type crowd- at least thats what it looks like based on the website/videos/emails I've seen from them...

just one site.. no worries or shouldn't be :)

GBJR77
03-20-2015, 11:39 AM
I found the original video from Garth rather creepy at the time, but, took it as him just being tired and wanting to check one more thing off his 'to do' list for the day, excited about what he saw in the possibilities of joining social media. It came across odd to those who may not know him, but sincere and authentic to those who do.

As for Cracked - they really have nothing better to do than to try and poke fun at this? All from a kid that needs to feel accepted and follow like a sheep, another kid that needs humor to feel liked, and a guy that is so far up his own arse he doesn't think his own ****e doesn't stink? Pretty sure the one in the middle is the second coming of Jonah Hill, when one was more than enough.

Either way, it's nothing. It will cater to the small crowd they have, and to others come across as nothing but petty and lame.

Skywise
03-20-2015, 12:01 PM
I found the original video from Garth rather creepy at the time, but, took it as him just being tired and wanting to check one more thing off his 'to do' list for the day, excited about what he saw in the possibilities of joining social media. It came across odd to those who may not know him, but sincere and authentic to those who do. Dang, KR- just when I think it can't happen again, you end up verbalizing almost exactly what I was thinking!! :)

As for Cracked - they really have nothing better to do than to try and poke fun at this? All from a kid that needs to feel accepted and follow like a sheep, another kid that needs humor to feel liked, and a guy that is so far up his own arse he doesn't think his own ****e doesn't stink? Pretty sure the one in the middle is the second coming of Jonah Hill, when one was more than enough.

Either way, it's nothing. It will cater to the small crowd they have, and to others come across as nothing but petty and lame.
Amen, man, Amen- in the words of many a police officer " Nothing to see here"

RandyZie
03-20-2015, 01:52 PM
I thought it was a poor video, but I still got a chuckle out of it.

Mr_Sevens
03-20-2015, 04:46 PM
Oh dear lord, people. You gotta learn to take a joke!

For what it's worth, Cracked has a pretty large audience and has existed since the late 1950s. Not very small ;)

Skywise
03-20-2015, 05:27 PM
well, the magazine was published from 1958-2007 , but the website is there, true, and their YT channel has some 700k subscribers, true..

it's rather a non story actually... (IMO)

AronP24
03-20-2015, 10:18 PM
I thought it was great. ANd fairly accurate.
THey didn't make it personal at all.And I think it was tasteful.