PDA

View Full Version : Xmas duet album with Trisha

Brett Dale
03-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Seems to be the only new album this year.

I only wish one interviewer, would ask him what the next single will be and when it
will be released, and ask him to be specific, because of course he must know this
by now.

http://www.oregonlive.com/music/index.ssf/2015/03/garth_brooks_interview_nashville_portland.html

Skywise
03-07-2015, 11:30 PM
I don't think it necessarily means no new album this year but the duet album- from the sounds of the article (a good interview btw) it sounds like he's just not thinking that far into the mix. could it only be the christmas duets album? sure.. but sounds like (to me at leasT) they're just not thinking the new album YET... rather, they're working on the duet album RIGHT NOW (or first?)

Emerald Isle
03-08-2015, 03:38 PM
That IS a good interview. The interviewer clearly had done his research and knew his stuff, and I think you could tell that Garth appreciated it. Because of that, Garth was able to dig a little deeper into how and why he does what he does.

I sorta disagree with his feelings about artists needing to drive folks to country radio. IMO, it's a dying format. Rather, YouTube, streaming sites, etc ARE the new Country Radio. It's how people consume music casually these days, how they discover new artists, etc. Why sit there and wait through 12 minutes of commercials just to hear 3 songs which may or may not be the one you actually want to hear when you can just pull up YouTube or spotify on your phone and listen to it right then. He said how will you know about new artists without radio? Well, people are finding ways. It'll be interesting to see if Garth's views on radio will change in the next few years if radio continues to reject his stuff.

Also, I thought it was interesting that he mentioned Whiskey to Wine. The question I really want someone to ask him is what will happen to the other 16 songs he cut for MAM when it was still planned as a double album. Now that he's writing more songs on his own and flirting with the idea of a concept album, does that mean those songs will just be abandoned, or held back for a Lost Sessions 2 type of release a few years from now?

Overall though, the article was a fascinating read.

RandyZie
03-08-2015, 03:53 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say some those songs that were cut might fit on a concept album. Maybe half a dozen of them had the same theme or fit together and he decided he wanted to continue that theme instead of releasing it right away. But who knows, doesn't he still have stuff in the 'vault'? heh.

YouSoundBitter
03-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Oh I'm sure he has a lot of pots on the stove right now. On top of the CHRISTmas album, new country album and this possible concept album, there is still the regular duets album in the works....And who knows, he could be playing around with George Strait songs for that tribute album he has always wanted to do.

wimpy77
03-08-2015, 11:05 PM
Seems to be the only new album this year.

I only wish one interviewer, would ask him what the next single will be and when it
will be released, and ask him to be specific, because of course he must know this
by now.

http://www.oregonlive.com/music/index.ssf/2015/03/garth_brooks_interview_nashville_portland.html

I think it's pretty clear to me at least that Garth might not put out anymore singles.

Skywise
03-08-2015, 11:29 PM
ok, wimpy, at the risk of being confrontation- why? why is it pretty clear to you?

wimpy77
03-08-2015, 11:55 PM
ok, wimpy, at the risk of being confrontation- why? why is it pretty clear to you?

Mom left the chart what back in late Janurary or early February? It's be at least a month and it's ever seldom that record label lets this much time go between single releases after a single has left the chart. They could be researching for a next single but it just feels to me that they may not release another single. It wouldn't be unprecedented to release two singles from an album and nothing more. The first 2 singles didn't do very well and Sony and Garth could just have said forget it. I hope I'm wrong but that's the feeling.

YouSoundBitter
03-09-2015, 02:41 AM
Naw, there will be more singles, I think they will release All American Kid in a few weeks for spring.