PDA

View Full Version : So Im guessing this is the reason Garth didnt go with Biog Machine Records

Brett Dale
02-07-2015, 03:30 AM
http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/report-itunes-is-buying-big-machine-records

Mr_Sevens
02-07-2015, 01:08 PM
I doubt Garth would have been aware even if the sale was happening a year ago. He might be happy now though

wimpy77
02-07-2015, 03:21 PM
I agree with Sevens, Garth had no idea what Big Machine was doing. I agree with the article though, I think they are sensing that Taylor is going to drop them after he next album.

Skywise
02-07-2015, 05:46 PM
hmm- not that I think apple wouldn't do it (remember, iTunes doesn't buy anything... APPLE would buy something.... ) I'll believe it when I see it- perhaps they're buying the music group for the ability to use their music on a streaming service (apple's been rumored to be into that type of thing since they purchased beats, etc..)

who knows- I doubt Garth even knew about it.... but agreed with 7's.. he's prob happy now though-..

Mr_Sevens
02-07-2015, 06:46 PM
hmm- not that I think apple wouldn't do it (remember, iTunes doesn't buy anything... APPLE would buy something.... ) I'll believe it when I see it- perhaps they're buying the music group for the ability to use their music on a streaming service (apple's been rumored to be into that type of thing since they purchased beats, etc..)

who knows- I doubt Garth even knew about it.... but agreed with 7's.. he's prob happy now though-..

Yeah, not real sure why iTunes as being named as a potential buyer. That's software, not a company. Semantics though. Big Machine has been rumored to be up for sale for a while now and it would totally make sense for Apple to purchase them considering how successful they are as an independent label.

darkcountry
02-11-2015, 08:26 PM
The rumor isn't remotely true. It has been denied regularly for years.

Taylor and her father both own a portion of the label. So she isn't leaving them anytime soon.