PDA

View Full Version : Slow roll out of new tour cities!

jasongarth1
02-03-2015, 05:18 PM
does anyone know when new dates will be announced? Jan 6th was the last city to be announced!

wimpy77
02-03-2015, 06:52 PM
All I can tell you is Garth will announce them when he announces them. He does things his way.

Skywise
02-04-2015, 12:04 AM
Very true wimpy! Right or wrong- good or bad, Garth does things his way...

kirkfitz
02-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Total educated guess, but concert dates are announced about 70 days out. We have announced shows through the end of March. Pending a break for Spring Break week, I imagine we should get a new city next week with a show date around April 23.

But so so agree Garth will announced when he announces...

Mr_Sevens
02-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Maybe this week at the start of the Pittsburgh shows or the week of Detroit.

gbgirl79
02-08-2015, 07:36 PM
What bugs me about the way they are doing it is what if you assume your city is getting a show...so you wait...and then you don't get one...and it's too late to get tickets to the current shows? Like...there is a Pittsburg show...what if you live in Philly and wait it out? I am in DC so I assume we will get a show...I hope I'm not wrong!

kirkfitz
02-09-2015, 08:44 AM
What bugs me about the way they are doing it is what if you assume your city is getting a show...so you wait...and then you don't get one...and it's too late to get tickets to the current shows? Like...there is a Pittsburg show...what if you live in Philly and wait it out? I am in DC so I assume we will get a show...I hope I'm not wrong!

You have to tweak your look on it a bit in this format of tour announcements. I had to decide early on what was the geographic area I was able to feasibly get to the show. For me in Richmond, VA was from Philly to Charlotte. When the first show came in that area, I jumped on it. Greensboro was a great show. Now, I know I've seen the tour and if opportunities come for future shows closer, or even here in Richmond, I can decide then if its financially possible etc. to catch a 2nd, 3rd... show. But with this way of thinking I was able to just make it happen. If you wait for a single city for the show, you may wait, wait, and the tour may come to an end without. Is the D.C. area on the list of tour stops? Probably. However, just never know

Skywise
02-09-2015, 08:49 AM
good point, and kinda the way I was looking at things too- the geographically feasible area planning- for me, it was colorado or arizona (perhaps), MAYBE wyoming ... Luckily, he was gonna play Denver so it all went well, and as you did kirkfitz, I jumped on tickets when they came available for a concert in the area.. now I have that to look forward to next month!

yeah it may be slow, but it's an interesting roll out to say the least

callmefrenchie
02-09-2015, 05:51 PM
I live in So Cal and I'm certain we will get several dates in the area, but if it's in April my schedule is packed. So instead my mom and I went with the sure thing and booked flights/hotels for Sacramento. Worst case, we miss LA shows but see him in Northern CA. It's tricky knowing he doesn't release all dates in advance so you're really stuck waiting. I glanced at the Staples Center calendar in LA and there's a very large break (right now) from April 11 to May 28th so my guess is he will play sometime during then haha!

YouSoundBitter
02-09-2015, 08:31 PM
About the only thing we have to go on is that he will not play a city within 200 miles of a place he has played in within a year.