PDA

View Full Version : ACM Entertainer of the Year Nomination!

CBooUF
01-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Congrats to Garth!

RandyZie
01-30-2015, 10:40 AM
Good stream of negative posts on ACM facebook posts about garth getting nomination. Full of lies, and hypocritical statements.

Lowland_Kid
01-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Congrats indeed! :)

ElectricOutcast
01-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Not gonna lie to y'all I went to their page and decided to ruffle up some feathers. They're gonna have to get over the fact that real Country Music fans like myself are getting tired of the Bro-Country crap on the radio and make no mistake by me voting for Garth I'm gonna be part of that backlash.

Mr_Sevens
01-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Based on those comments, it looks like a large amount of people have no idea Garth is on a world tour right now. They still think he is doing Vegas shows. Sigh.

Sadly, this one is fan voted so I still don't see Garth winning. Especially not with that reaction.

copinark
01-30-2015, 11:37 AM
I predicted this awhile back. I don't think there's anyway they could ignore the massive ticket sales for the world tour. Some might consider it an upset if he wins, but his ticket sales are dwarfing everyone else. I read somewhere that with the lack of radio success he may turn into just a tour act like Jimmy Buffett. I disagree. I think he's still putting out good music.

Charles
01-30-2015, 11:39 AM
That's really awesome!!! If this is fan voted, we need to speak loud and clear and get to voting when it's time. It would be an awesome thank you for Garth.

Mr_Sevens
01-30-2015, 12:42 PM
It it fan voted. Voting starts April 8th.

wimpy77
01-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Yep it's fan voted and that's unfortunately why he wont' win.

Anonymous
01-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Garth is selling out 6-10 shows in every city he goes to, but you don't think he can get enough online votes for an ACM award? When the voting starts I'll be getting in the max number of votes and I hope everyone here does the same. Don't assume he can't win-do everything you can to make it happen!

Skywise
01-30-2015, 03:45 PM
Yep it's fan voted and that's unfortunately why he wont' win.

Exactly..... But man the comments are extremely funny to read.... Have responded to some. Can't wait to see what follow up comments may be

Mr_Sevens
01-30-2015, 06:07 PM
The nomination is still awesome though! Maybe Garth fans can at least put a dent in the votes to show the academy we still want him around.

Charles
01-31-2015, 01:11 PM
Garth has a pretty large fan base.. And there are a lot of younger folks at his shows. I think the fan vote can win this!

We can't act defeated before voting even starts.

ElectricOutcast
02-01-2015, 10:23 AM
we can't act defeated before voting even starts.

this!

Skywise
02-01-2015, 02:01 PM
I don't read peeps being defeated as much as being realistic about the current craptastic crop of country artists and more specifically about the realistic chances of Garth winning

Mr_Sevens
02-02-2015, 01:20 AM
I don't read peeps being defeated as much as being realistic about the current craptastic crop of country artists and more specifically about the realistic chances of Garth winning

Yeah, definitely not "defeated" - Garth's fans just aren't on social media. I think his social media team has actually been pretty good, but his online fancy is just a drop in the bucket compared to Luke Bryan's nearly 8 million likes.

Skywise
02-02-2015, 01:22 AM
yeppers..

Anonymous
04-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Voting starts today! Go to votegarth.com for all the details! It's not updated yet, but hopefully will be soon!

Charles
04-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Let's do this! Let's vote...let's vote over and over... I know there are some people here who are "realists" in their eyes, but let's forget that for a while...let's be fans, let's try to win this for Garth!

What other artists puts on 6,7,8, 9 shows in one city just for the fans?

Let's rally the troops, and get to voting!

garthcop
04-08-2015, 03:56 PM
I agree! Let's do it!!

Mr_Sevens
04-08-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm in and already put in my vote for the day :)

Skywise
04-08-2015, 04:48 PM
While I could easily say I rsent the "realist" crack...... As I'd have to identify myself as a realist.... AND Disregarding the unsaid notion at realists aren't fans........ I'm all up for voting... I'll be interested to see results..... It's not honestly a true award it seems, if it's only based on fan votes and not a criteria (reeks of a popularity contest...)

Let's vote away.... Can a smaller contingent of dedicated fans overcome a millennial generation of Internet and tech savvy fans, who may resent Garths nomination? Hope so, it'll be fun to watch votes play out

RandyZie
04-08-2015, 05:13 PM
TV appearance, and multiple concerts during voting will help a lot. I'm sure they will mention voting on tv, and there will be an ad before the shows saying to vote. Luke only has one show during voting.

That's A LOT of possible votes. I already voted on my acct, and mothers hah.

Paula
04-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Vote once a day beginning today through 5pm Pacific time on April 19. Beginning at 5pm Pacific time until about 7:45pm Pacific time, you can also text your vote to 99888 during the 2nd Voting Phase.

Also, it's not only a fan-voted award. According to the rules, "A combination of votes from the Academy of Country Music professional members and the public will decide the winner of the 2015 Entertainer of the Year award." I wonder if the votes are weighted differently.

Rules can be found here - http://www.cbs.com/shows/academy_of_country_music/vote/rules/#entertainer-of-the-year. You might need to scroll down the page for the EOTY rules.

Paula

ElectricOutcast
04-08-2015, 06:42 PM
While I could easily say I rsent the "realist" crack...... As I'd have to identify myself as a realist.... AND Disregarding the unsaid notion at realists aren't fans........ I'm all up for voting... I'll be interested to see results..... It's not honestly a true award it seems, if it's only based on fan votes and not a criteria (reeks of a popularity contest...)

Let's vote away.... Can a smaller contingent of dedicated fans overcome a millennial generation of Internet and tech savvy fans, who may resent Garths nomination? Hope so, it'll be fun to watch votes play out

I don't know if me being an '89 baby counts me as a Millennial, but just in case I am one, if there's one thing that the 90's taught me, it's being smart with the good music and the bad music and I'll be damned if I get looped in with the people that listen to the crap on radio.

Already got my voting over and done with and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Don't know if we're gonna win but I'm gonna do what I can.

Skywise
04-08-2015, 06:55 PM
TV appearance, and multiple concerts during voting will help a lot. I'm sure they will mention voting on tv, and there will be an ad before the shows saying to vote. Luke only has one show during voting.

That's A LOT of possible votes. I already voted on my acct, and mothers hah.

There's definitely already promotions before the shows about voting- at least there was in Denver- ...

Paula- that's a good question, will the votes be weighted differently? It still reeks of a popularity contest to me, but here's to hoping Garth gets it!

Anonymous
04-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Why shouldn't Entertainer of the Year be a popularity contest? If it weren't fan voted it'd be partially based on ticket sales which is essentially a popularity contest. I think the fact that you have to log into CBS.com to vote each day instead of just using the hashtag on twitter should help Garth- if the theory is all of his fans are older and clueless with technology (which couldn't be farther from the truth!). Garth knows how to promote himself and as long as his fans realize they need to do more than retweet to vote, he has a shot!

Skywise
04-09-2015, 08:02 PM
I think it's honestly very annoying to have to log into CBS' website.. In fact, that's why I've not voted- I'm not going to get roped into signing up for a site that very well may end up giving my email out to someone else... to heck with it

this honestly I think is another reason that Garth WON'T win (though he should-) his core of fans are older, and not as likely to just jump on the popularity driven, sign up for anything type of contest.. don't get me wrong- if it were a little less annoying, I'd be all over it and I def. want to see him win.. CBS isn't making it easy to vote that's for certain..

RandyZie
04-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Can sign in with fb/twitter acct. If someone who is such a frequent poster on a forum dedicated to an artist isn't going to vote, then that's a large sign he isn't going to win...

Charles
04-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Yep, you can use facebook or Twitter to sign in...no need to sign up for cbs.com ..

#votegarth

Mr_Sevens
04-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Yep. Took about 10 second to sign in with a Twitter account. Easy peasy.

Skywise
04-10-2015, 12:32 AM
don't know what the issue was when I tried it out earlier- did end up working fine (though I don't like having to give them info (twitter, FB, anything..) in order to vote... ) ok ,voted..

GoesATG
04-10-2015, 06:07 AM
Grumpy...;-p