PDA

View Full Version : Brooks, Yearwood plan duets disc

Mr_Sevens
01-26-2015, 02:48 PM
http://www.countrystandardtime.com/news/newsitem.asp?xid=8304

Just a little more on what we've heard already. I'll be impressed if they release a duets album and another Garth solo album this year. I'm betting one of them ain't gonna happen that quick.

Garthmedic
01-26-2015, 03:16 PM
I am thinking the solo album has already been produced.

RandyZie
01-26-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm guessing the solo album was already mostly done (which is why the hint of MAM being double album), and he's just gotta finish a few songs. Believe I heard him mention he's going to write a few more songs in the next solo album compared to MAM.

Will be interesting to see how that compares style wise. Maybe the tour gave him some different ideas, seeing what works and what doesn't, what people love about 'the old stuff' etc.

Skywise
01-26-2015, 05:05 PM
I think the solo album's probably already 'in the can' as it were- no reason to tease (and then not deliver) the double album if there's not something up there... but heck it's all good! a TY/GB duets album? ehh not WILD about the idea but if it's new music, new duets, and just not a half album of new and the rest a collection of all their other duets, it'll be good!!

Emerald Isle
01-26-2015, 05:21 PM
I think the solo album's probably already 'in the can' as it were- no reason to tease (and then not deliver) the double album if there's not something up there... but heck it's all good! a TY/GB duets album? ehh not WILD about the idea but if it's new music, new duets, and just not a half album of new and the rest a collection of all their other duets, it'll be good!!

Eh, I tend to agree about the duets album. But since it will be a duets Christmas album, I don't see their past songs getting tacked on. Also, because it'll be a Christmas album, Garth's other 2 Christmas albums will probably get re-released as well, so I say bring it on.

CBooUF
01-26-2015, 05:35 PM
I remember him mentioning that they were going to start over on recording the songs for the next solo album because they got rushed the first time recording them and he wanted them to get a fair shake like MAM cuts did.

Mr_Sevens
01-26-2015, 09:24 PM
The issue for me isn't whether or not the solo album is done...it's promoting two albums in one year (likely around the same time) when the last one was handled as poorly as it was. Trying to sell two albums separately at the same time isn't easy.

Emerald Isle
01-27-2015, 09:30 AM
The issue for me isn't whether or not the solo album is done...it's promoting two albums in one year (likely around the same time) when the last one was handled as poorly as it was. Trying to sell two albums separately at the same time isn't easy.

I seem to remember talk a few months ago that the next solo album wouldn't be released until 2016.

Maybe the Duet Christmas album will now be the "fall 2015" album spoken of in the bundle, and the next solo album will come out sometime (if not late) 2016.

YouSoundBitter
01-27-2015, 11:13 AM
I thought the talk was early 2016, if not fall 2015...

GBJR77
01-27-2015, 02:43 PM
if that's the case - then they should change the 'bundle' description to state 2016 instead of 2015 for the new album.

I'm personally disappointed. I thought a duets album sounded like a neat idea, if done right. To restrict it to holiday songs though? Not interested. I'd much rather have a duets album full of songs showing both sides of a relationship or something, to add that extra dynamic on top of a song. To release a holiday duets album, like any other person in the world, just doesn't interested me at all. I'm far more interested in the next studio album, if he truly is going to 'use his pen' more. Plus, a 'standard' duet album (as opposed to a 'holiday' duet album) would likely harbor more songs that could be done live on their tour together - because I am also quite tired of "In Another's Eyes" and think it is time to replace it with something else.

RandyZie
01-27-2015, 03:13 PM
I've no interest in buying christmas album, but I see no issue in it. Also don't have any strong like/dislike for In anothers eyes, I feel it fits with the show. Wouldn't mind a duet on the new album if it could rival it.

Skywise
01-27-2015, 04:01 PM
if that's the case - then they should change the 'bundle' description to state 2016 instead of 2015 for the new album. true..

I'm personally disappointed. I thought a duets album sounded like a neat idea, if done right. To restrict it to holiday songs though? Not interested. I'd much rather have a duets album full of songs showing both sides of a relationship or something, to add that extra dynamic on top of a song.
If Im honest, I have to say I haven't thought about it specifically like that, but I like the idea!

To release a holiday duets album, like any other person in the world, just doesn't interested me at all. I'm far more interested in the next studio album, if he truly is going to 'use his pen' more. Plus, a 'standard' duet album (as opposed to a 'holiday' duet album) would likely harbor more songs that could be done live on their tour together - because I am also quite tired of "In Another's Eyes" and think it is time to replace it with something else.

I'm def. interested in a duet album if it's along the lines of what you stated above- I can't say myself, though, that I'd be against a christmas album- if done well, it could be a great album- if it's more of the big band type of a mess that TMOC was, then it'd be better off being forgotten (IMO)..

I'm def. hoping to hear more of Garth's 'pen' in the next album... In Another's Eyes? ehh- not my least favorite, but kinda overdone...

"only 52 days till my first Garth show in almost 19 years :) "

mbarker
01-27-2015, 04:17 PM
I'd much rather have a duets album full of songs showing both sides of a relationship or something, to add that extra dynamic on top of a song.

Babyface & Toni Braxton released a duets album last year - "Love, Marriage, and Divorce" - it shows both sides and the different phases of a relationship. Also, each of them have a couple solo songs on it as well. I was hoping this was the path Garth & Trisha would go down.

YouSoundBitter
01-27-2015, 10:38 PM
I would have to think that even IF we get a new duet Christmas album we will still get a duets album sooner than later. Its been in talks for 20 years and has been worked on (off and on) ever since...its bound to happen;)

darkcountry
01-29-2015, 04:38 PM
I would have to think that even IF we get a new duet Christmas album we will still get a duets album sooner than later. Its been in talks for 20 years and has been worked on (off and on) ever since...its bound to happen;)

Personally, I would love this. But I've been a massive Trisha fan since 1991 and will take anything she offers us. While I would prefer an album of ballads over holiday songs, this is better than nothing.

For what it's worth, Tim and Faith have been promising a duets album since the 90s also. That also has never materialized despite getting "close" a few times. Hopefully King Garth and Queen Trisha make it happen.

coco1997
02-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Is the Christmas album in lieu of the second new Garth release we're supposed to be getting this Fall?

YouSoundBitter
02-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Nope, it's an additional bonus on top of the solo fall album!

garthcop
02-05-2015, 05:09 PM
I agree! The more he has out there, there more buzz there will be. And Lord knows we need some new xmas music! I am tired of the same stuff every year.

Skywise
02-06-2015, 12:17 AM
I don't know, Straight No Chaser and Pentatonix have been a breath of fresh christmas music the last few years, but I agree- more music will be better... newer music can't hurt..

more exposure = more news = more visibility= more sales = more buzz potentially...