PDA

View Full Version : Text from Garth

mbarker
01-23-2015, 11:52 AM
I did get a text from Garth last night after opting into the Ghosttunes texting at the concert in STL. Here it is...

Hey, it's Garth

Just wanted to thank you for supporting me and coming to the show. Check out my new album Man Against Machine http://ghosttunes.com

Love, G

Skywise
01-23-2015, 12:15 PM
So, a mass texted advertisement then?

mbarker
01-23-2015, 12:33 PM
So, a mass texted advertisement then?

Yes - I was expecting to get bombarded with texts from Ghosttunes and it has been over a month and this is the first I have gotten anything. I was surprised it was "from Garth".

I am glad he is starting to utilize technology. I think an opportunity would be to start surprising fans with exclusive content through ghosttunes. Nothing major, but an example - if you bought the bundle - you can now download the radio edit of "Mom" - or if you bought the bundle - you get a presale code for 1 show on the tour. On his next TV appearance (hopefully Fallon soon) you can download his performance with album or bundle purchase. Those are just some ways to build the buzz for ghosttunes.

Mr_Sevens
01-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Got this too! I thought it was pretty cool. It's a fun way for people possibly win upgraded seats at whatever concert they are at. Looks like GB and GT are using it as a way to spread some word about the new album too.

Smart move. People can opt in and out as they please. I think I'll keep it around.