PDA

View Full Version : Fat

Scarecrow
12-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Garth is getting fat. hopefully touring will shape him up. He needs to lay off his wife's cooking for a while.

YouSoundBitter
12-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Sorry, but this is the most pointless post that has been on here in a long time....

(Besides, if you see a current picture of GB, he is NOT fat)

garthcop
12-27-2014, 11:57 AM
I agree with this post. He looks like a big bubba. The first thing someone said when I was talking about GB with them was how much weight he has gained. He's lost the weight before and looked good. Hopefully he does it again.

Mr_Sevens
12-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Who cares? Let him do what he wants.

garthcop
12-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Well, he's a reflection of what I like and am passionate about which reveals some of what I am to those I know. And being satisfied with being that overweight is not one of them.

callmefrenchie
12-27-2014, 02:45 PM
I wonder if it's just the cameras or different angles… when I saw him in person at Jimmy Kimmel two weeks ago I thought he looked great. I saw him this time last year too and I can't say he looks much different. His face looked rounder during the interview but he was turning his head to look at Jimmy during the interview. I think it looks slimmer in a baseball cap than a cowboy hat. But other than that, when he came out my mom and I turned to look at each other and both said "wow, he's looking good!" Sooooo I guess it's all perception. He gets quite a workout during the concerts so I'm sure he's doing just fine. And with Trisha touring too, I doubt she's cooking all that much.

Mr_Sevens
12-27-2014, 03:01 PM
Good thing he's his own person and not a reflection of anyone but himself.

garthcop
12-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Yeah. But we are all attracted to him because we see something in him that we like or want to become. Once you put yourself in the public limelight and become successful because of your fans, you lose your a lot of your right to just be yourself. May not be fair. But true.

wimpy77
12-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Yeah. But we are all attracted to him because we see something in him that we like or want to become. Once you put yourself in the public limelight and become successful because of your fans, you lose your a lot of your right to just be yourself. May not be fair. But true.

go to hell. keep this up and i'll really tell you where you can stick it. Both of you.

garthcop
12-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Love you too wimpyy 77.

I think you are right on the camera angle and cowboy hat vs. ball cap. But I did like seeing on Jimmy Kimmel how he made Mom come alive like he does all of his songs in his performances!

RandyZie
12-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Depends on what he's wearing, angle etc. Why cant people admit he has gained a bit of weight? He jokes about it during his concert, interviews, everywhere. I think he's going to be in good shape vocally and physically with how this tour is going so far.

Mr_Sevens
12-27-2014, 04:24 PM

That is absolutely wrong.

Mr_Sevens
12-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Depends on what he's wearing, angle etc. Why cant people admit he has gained a bit of weight? He jokes about it during his concert, interviews, everywhere. I think he's going to be in good shape vocally and physically with how this tour is going so far.

Of course he's gained weight. It's just incredibly...weird...that people care so much. For crying out loud it's not like the man is morbidly obese. Just let him live his life. If people can't enjoy him or his music because of his weight or appearance then that is just plain sad.

Garth's weight is something I can confidently say I've never felt the need to think about outside of online threads like this. It's creepy.

garthcop
12-27-2014, 04:41 PM
That is absolutely wrong.

Really? Even the G-man himself has admitted to such and changed what he does on stage because of critiques. In the 90s he changed the way he sang The River and If Tomorrow Never Comes because of concert reviews. Before his first world tour in the 90s he intentionally went on a low carb diet. You can see the difference in the television specials Garth Brooks and Garth Brooks Too.

When he came out with new music in 07 he was asked at his press conference why he had lost so much weight. And his response was that you can look at someone he is competing with like Keith Urban (in regards to his body) and know that you have to monitor your look if you want to be competitive. Obviously he has changed his philosophy on that.

Obviously we like who he is which is why we are on here. But, if this creeps you out and you don't agree with anything on here, why do you care to even comment on this post?