PDA

View Full Version : MAM full or cut

cissie
12-26-2014, 03:40 PM
i know when garth did his very first concert back, he opened with Man Against Machine, but he didn't do the full song. he did it all the up to the awesome guitar solo and then stopped and went right into a different song. for those who have seen him in concert since he came back, is he still performing the song that way or is he actually doing the full song now?

RandyZie
12-26-2014, 07:25 PM
From what i've seen it's still part of the song then jumps into rodeo.

Skywise
12-28-2014, 11:35 AM
don't know, but I think it's probably the 'thing' that starts the show just mophed into Rodeo- somewhat similar to his CP concert starting with 'new york...' and then morphing into Rodeo

cissie- ehh- you said the same thing, asked the same question in 2 threads... why?

cissie
12-29-2014, 04:02 AM
because no one answered me

riskybzns
12-29-2014, 08:56 AM
He only does part of it.

Skywise
12-29-2014, 11:07 AM
because no one answered me
maybe patience was in order? Jus sayin.. :)

makes sense if it's an intro- just mold it into the second song, not do the full thing

cissie
12-29-2014, 01:53 PM
ok, now i'm starting to wonder.. why... why is he cutting his new material when he sings it live. he is cutting 2 of his new song almost in half. he does is when he sings Man Against Machine,he leaves off the entire last half of the song, and when sing Mom, he cuts out the entire middle of the song. he didn't do it before. he used sing his songs all the way through, even adding verses to 2 of his songs when he did them in concert, and now he is cutting his material... why..

Skywise
12-29-2014, 02:19 PM
ok, now i'm starting to wonder.. why... why is he cutting his new material when he sings it live. he is cutting 2 of his new song almost in half. he does is when he sings Man Against Machine,he leaves off the entire last half of the song, and when sing Mom, he cuts out the entire middle of the song. he didn't do it before. he used sing his songs all the way through, even adding verses to 2 of his songs when he did them in concert, and now he is cutting his material... why..
Personal opinion?

Garth's simply doing what he's always done w/ regards to shows.. most of the shows are the older , more well known songs because thats' what people have paid for / remember / sing along to / etc.. a concert's really not designed to be a 'live advertisement' for new stuff. give the peeps tidbits of the new stuff (maybe a new song OR two) but keep the rest the 'old stuff' as it were..

It's also possible that the 'live versions' of those songs will be cut differently, same as the live thunder rolls and FILP have the added verses, and other songs have diff. endings..

in short- to quote somethnig attributed to Sigmund Freud (but prob. not said by him)..

"sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" ..

or, don't look too much into things, there may not be something there to find out

cissie
12-29-2014, 02:35 PM
i actually said something about this to my son, and at the time i was talking about the song "MOM" and my son said mom, maybe he does it because he has trouble getting through the song, cause it tears him up too bad, you know he was really close to his mom, so he is probably thinking about her when he is singing it and it just hurts him too bad cause he misses her so much, so its too hard, emotionally, for him to do sing to whole song.

you know, i never thought about it.. but omg, my son could be right about that one.

Skywise
12-29-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm sure that's poss.. It certainly would be backed up by the example of how he choked up singing the song on GMA..

cissie
12-29-2014, 02:42 PM
OMG WHAT A PERFORMANCE THAT WAS!! i mean the song itself brought tears to my eyes and then seeing garth actually choke up too, OMG!! WOW!!! that made the song even more powerful..well for me anyways

Skywise
12-30-2014, 01:46 AM
it was def. a good performance, and one that went a long way to cementing MOM as my fav. song on the album