PDA

View Full Version : Garth should collaborate with Justin Timberlake on his next album

coco1997
12-20-2014, 11:55 AM
There's obviously a mutual appreciation between these two artists, with Justin performing "FILP" at a recent concert in Oklahoma and Garth making a surprise appearance at Timberlake's Nashville show last night.

A Garth/Timberlake could be a huge crossover hit for Garth. Unlike some recent big-name collaborations, I don't think this one would come off as gimmicky at all. After all, Memphis-born Timberlake obviously has some country roots. Check out the song "Drink You Away" off his last record, "The 20/20 Experience- 2 of 2".

Mr_Sevens
12-20-2014, 01:28 PM
I agree. Justin has very strong roots in country and soul. A collaboration between him and Garth is a great idea for them to explore.

Garthmedic
12-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Nope. Just can't imagine that one. If they cut a duet, that is fine. No album collaboration. Yuck. Just my humble opinion.

RandyZie
12-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Single duet at most for me if anything.

jdl535
12-20-2014, 03:28 PM
If Garth wants back on the radio, he will need to make changes. If he's just happy selling out arena's doing all his old stuff, then keep with what you are doing. I agree, team up with Timberlake or maybe the producer of the Eric Church albums for Garth's next record. Paul McCartney has sought out top name rock producers for his last two albums and they are some of his best stuff in years.

coco1997
12-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Nope. Just can't imagine that one. If they cut a duet, that is fine. No album collaboration. Yuck. Just my humble opinion.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant to suggest that they should collaborate on a song or two, at most. I can't see them doing anything bigger than that.

Mr_Sevens
12-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant to suggest that they should collaborate on a song or two, at most. I can't see them doing anything bigger than that.

I can't see it either, but I do think it could be fantastic! If Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett can do an album together, why not Garth and Justin?

Garthmedic
12-20-2014, 05:35 PM
If Garth wants back on the radio, he will need to make changes. If he's just happy selling out arena's doing all his old stuff, then keep with what you are doing. I agree, team up with Timberlake or maybe the producer of the Eric Church albums for Garth's next record. Paul McCartney has sought out top name rock producers for his last two albums and they are some of his best stuff in years.

This is most interesting, and got me thinking. 10+ years ago, Garth mentioned he still had 40+ songs he had already recorded all stored in the "vault". He wasn't sure if they would ever be released.

Does anyone think that Garth's music, recorded and unreleased from 15-20 years ago, would play well by today's country music standards?

Lastly, Garths "Man Against Machine", has been very well received, regardless of how much airplay it has gotten.

Lowland_Kid
12-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Good songs are timeless. So yes, I think they could do well. :)

RandyZie
12-20-2014, 06:38 PM
I think the best thing he could do would be to release those songs he has locked away, maybe special CD. Who cares if they don't top the chart etc, it would almost be like a time machine. He has all right to team up with JT, gaga, or who ever. But releasing old stuff and doing stuff with new artists could be a way to satisfy people like me who are stubborn about change and those who want to hear something different/new

CBooUF
12-20-2014, 10:49 PM
He already released a bunch of them several years back on "The Lost Sessions". It was a big seller.

Skywise
12-21-2014, 01:44 AM
re: timberlake and Garth collaborating? ugh- no thanks...