PDA

View Full Version : Next single after MOM

Brett Dale
12-12-2014, 10:41 PM
IMHO it has to be "Shes Tried of Boys" then maybe "FISH" followed by "You Wreck me"

Skywise
12-13-2014, 12:09 AM
hmm- She's tired of boys.... maybe all american kid, or midnight train.. poss. tacoma..

darkcountry
12-13-2014, 02:03 AM
She's Tired of Boys will without a doubt be a single. He has about 3 other strong tracks, but if the plan is still to release a fall 2015 album, I don't see him dragging the singles out beyond 4 deep.

ElectricOutcast
12-13-2014, 10:24 AM
It's either gonna be "She's Tired of Boys" or "Cold Like That" that will be likely singles. On one hand I think "She's Tired of Boys" would be a knock out of the park and would send a message to the Soccer Mom crowd out there that us real country fans are tired of the backyard crap that radio is giving us. On another hand "Cold Like That" lets face it this song is pretty much "More Than a Memory pt. 2" and if that song were to come out, you could be damn sure that I would call my stations on release day and make sure they play the hell out of the song the same way I did MTAM back in my senior year. (BTW no offense to anyone here that has children playing soccer, I'm more or less talking about the moms that would rather play Pitbull and Taylor Swift over playing Garth Brooks and George Strait)

Mr_Sevens
12-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Cold Like That is what I think has the strongest chance to be the next single. Or Tacoma.

I don't see She's Tired of Boys going to radio.

Skywise
12-13-2014, 12:54 PM
I could see she's tired of boys hitting radio, if for no other reason than the ty/gb connection (the vocals that are rather prominent at spots by TY).. right decision? don't know- would love to hear cold like that on the radio- but it doesn't' have a real country vibe to me...

Garth_FANtasizer
12-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Lets face it, radio,any genre and the media, any form of it is trying to attract the teens, so I think She's tired of boys will do that! But cold like that is a favorite of mine!

~Ann~

gbfansince3
12-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Way off here, but for me "Midnight Train". It's so cool. I'd love to see it get some radio play.

CBooUF
12-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Midnight Train is the coolest song on the album. Hope it gets a shot, along with Cold Like That. CLT might be better choice to follow-up Mom radio-wise. But MT should get its chance at some point.

Emerald Isle
12-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Way off here, but for me "Midnight Train". It's so cool. I'd love to see it get some radio play.

Midnight Train is my favorite off the album as well. Such a great song.

Mr_Sevens
12-13-2014, 10:46 PM
Cold Like a That doesn't have a country vibe, but it does have a "country radio" vibe.

Brett Dale
12-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Plenty of singles still to be released to radio I hope.

YouSoundBitter
12-14-2014, 03:46 AM
Maybe the short and sweet little WRONG ABOUT YOU? Knowing GB, it might be a more country song like COWBOYS FOREVER too.

Have wait and see, right now let MOM have her moment, seems to be helping slp sales:) (along with the concerts)

G1976B
12-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Aside from PLP, "Midnight Train" is my favorite song on the album and I would love for it to be a single. The imagry and emotion of the song is incredibly vivid. However, it's just not "radio friendly". They don't spin 5 minute songs anymore.

garthcop
12-15-2014, 04:32 PM
They are still not playing Mom here in Dallas

Mr_Sevens
12-15-2014, 07:03 PM
They are still not playing Mom here in Dallas

Have you requested it?

garthcop
12-15-2014, 09:41 PM
They don't take requests. Their play lists as the advertise on their websites are set.

garthcop
12-15-2014, 09:53 PM
DFW is one of Garth's biggest markets so the fact that they are not playing it shows that someone is failing in their job of promoting his music or he is just being boycotted. I mean, each station played PLP twice an hour the first day it was out and made a big deal about it. So I am not figuring out what is going on other than an intentional blackout after PLP bombed according to Garth standards. The stations don't think he is hitting their target audience yet I guess.

wimpy77
12-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Have you requested it?

No radio station here takes requests either. Their play list rotation is computerized.

garthcop
12-16-2014, 11:33 AM
No radio station here takes requests either. Their play list rotation is computerized.

More examples of out the industry and not the people decide what we want.

YouSoundBitter
12-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Almost like the 'machine is living the American Dream'.

garthcop
12-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Good one!

YouSoundBitter
12-16-2014, 02:37 PM

leavealighton
12-16-2014, 05:38 PM
"Cold Like That" is a great song it should be a single. It has in my opinion the similar feel to Carrie underwoods song massive hit "Something In The Water" and definitely it is like" More Than A Memory" type of song. If Cold it too long could their be a radio ( single) version and Album version.
"Cowboys Forever" is another song that should be a single, it has a George Strait feel like song" The Cowboy Rides Away". A similar song by another artist named Randy Howser has a hit called "Like A Cowboy". "Cowboys Forever" would really fit right in.
"Midnight Train" should also be a single again following the same version as "Cold Like That" single version and album version. Josh Turner had a big hit with Long "Black Train "and doesn't "Midnight Train" have the similar feel?
"She's Tired of Boys" to me has the same feel as "That Summer" which was a big hit in the past with Garth.
"You Wreck Me" has more of a pop feel it could be a hit on another chart.