PDA

View Full Version : Garth and Sony RCA

Brett Dale
12-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Please correct me if I wrong. So Garth went Sony which is RCA? for his new album and the next new one.

They of course have a country division which is RCA Nashville?? Is that right???

So SONY owns RCA?? and "RCA Nashville".

If I am right so far, who are the people at the label handling Garth's Album?

I always read about the big players at the labels in the music industry on sites like HDD, Rollingstone, Billboard,
so I am wondering who are men who are behind Garth's album. (Again I know Garth is his own man and makes
all the choices) BUT the label must of put people in charge of the album, Im just wondering what their names were
and their backgrounds?

Cheers.

PS: Also on SONY NASHVILLE OFFICIAL facebook page, they have yet to deleted some messages which people have told Garth to go
BEEP Himself. Its not like their is hundreds of messages either, there is like four or five comments, its been up there for like three
or four days. Do they monitor social media at all?

PPS: My main question though is who at Sony are the main guys behind Garth's album.

Mr_Sevens
12-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Reading the liner notes is the closest you're going to get. If it ain't in there, we ain't gonna know.

Sony Music Nashville is the parent company of RCA Nashville, so they are all the same.

As for social media, they probably do monitor it and choose not to censor it. They don't have to and sometimes it can be frowned upon to remove negative comments even if they include foul language. There are no rules against it.

wimpy77
12-13-2014, 03:59 PM
sites like facebook or twitter usually won't delete comments unless they're flagged and even then they won't delete them unless they are physical threats, racial slurs or something like that.

Brett Dale
12-13-2014, 08:19 PM
sites like facebook or twitter usually won't delete comments unless they're flagged and even then they won't delete them unless they are physical threats, racial slurs or something like that.

I dont think facebook themselves should delete the comment.

I think SONY should because it appeared on their OWN facebook site.

wimpy77
12-13-2014, 09:02 PM
why are you so obsessed with stuff like this. I mean seriously you're borderline over obsessed.

Brett Dale
12-13-2014, 09:20 PM
My original post and point is really SONY and who is in charge of the Album, the social media side doesnt seem to be handled correctly. Im sure other major artists
label would be on to it.

Mr_Sevens
12-13-2014, 10:45 PM
It's not their own Facebook site though. It still falls under Facebook's rules and foul language is not usually censored by anyone.

wimpy77
12-13-2014, 11:36 PM
It's not their own Facebook site though. It still falls under Facebook's rules and foul language is not usually censored by anyone.

Exactly. If they did that's all they would be doing. Like I said only time they will remove comments is when racial slurs, homophobic slurs and physical threats are made.

Mr_Sevens
12-14-2014, 01:06 AM
Exactly. If they did that's all they would be doing. Like I said only time they will remove comments is when racial slurs, homophobic slurs and physical threats are made.

Yup. And that's only if another user reports them.