PDA

View Full Version : Garth's facebook page

Gbfanoh
11-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Has anyone gone to Garth's facebook page tonight?? Posts to his page as turned hateful over the email we got about the canceled TV appearances. It only takes one online site to twist his words into something. I feel bad that he will be reading those. Someone poured the kool-aid tonight.

Brett Dale
11-29-2014, 02:05 AM
Seems the same thing is happening on twitter, nearly all the hateful tweets come from people who call themselves Christian right wing bloggers.

Or Christian conservatives, and they seem to have a problem with Garth supporting President Obama.

Its becoming a attack job on Twitter.

Gbfanoh
11-29-2014, 02:17 AM
I wonder if Garth will make another statement. I guess it doesn't matter. Once people jump on a bandwagon it's hard to make them see the truth. Oh well, more concert tickets for us. :D

wimpy77
11-29-2014, 02:30 AM
Believe it or not you would be surprised by the number of celebrities who tweet and NEVER read their replies. I'm not saying Garth doesn't read them and I'm sure people who work for him have told him about stuff like this.

ElectricOutcast
11-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Seems the same thing is happening on twitter, nearly all the hateful tweets come from people who call themselves Christian right wing bloggers.

Or Christian conservatives, and they seem to have a problem with Garth supporting President Obama.

Its becoming a attack job on Twitter. Yeah and they're just gonna have to get over the fact that Garth doesn't follow the principles of the Bryan Fischer's, Fred Phelps' (and I do think his base is bigger than we think), Pat Robertson's and let's not forget the Rush Limbaugh's, Glenn Beck's and Eric Bolling's

There's one thing about Garth that no one can take away and that is how he gives respect to people who might not like him and from what I've been seeing off his Facebook and other places that don't even involve Garth; Let's just say I compare their attitude to what a comedian friend of mine said awhile back about the actual second coming of Jesus Christ and that is...that guy wouldn't get a job at House of Pancakes.

RandyZie
11-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Is anyone really that surprised? I mean, you say something political, you're going to get a reaction. Thing is, we don't even know the whole context of his Ferguson comments.

Gbfanoh
11-29-2014, 11:24 AM
RandyZie, did he make a comment about Ferguson? He only said he was canceling TV appearances because of the unrest. He has never made a statement about the verdict either way and knowing Garth, he won't. I don't think his statement was political at all-IMO.

garth_fan_13
11-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Garth chose to get involved politically - as he has done in the past, too. This is the response he had to know he was going to get. To blame the conservatives for the backlash towards G is rediculous. He is dealing with a genre that is almost completely conservative Christians.... I agree with RandyZie, we don't even know the context of his comment. Was he trying to make a political statement? Or just trying to be a stand up guy?

Mr_Sevens
11-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Garth chose to get involved politically - as he has done in the past, too. This is the response he had to know he was going to get. To blame the conservatives for the backlash towards G is rediculous. He is dealing with a genre that is almost completely conservative Christians.... I agree with RandyZie, we don't even know the context of his comment. Was he trying to make a political statement? Or just trying to be a stand up guy?

It's really not ridiculous. The far right wing in this country is so quick and willing to attack anyone over anything. Garth didn't get involved politically. He didn't say anything political and he never "picked a side" no matter how much these people want to lie and put words in his mouth.

Canceling an appearance because of violent protests happening in the country is not an overly political statement. It's a human one. There are bad things going on and G decided to spend that day reflecting, or whatever it is he does, instead of promoting.

I honest to God can't find a fault in that. Whether you think it would have been better to perform or not, I cannot find anything inherently WRONG with him deciding not to for one day.

Conservative media have taken this too far and out of context. Disgusting.

Garthmedic
11-29-2014, 12:27 PM
This thread is teetering on the edge of lockdown. Steer away from the political icebergs.

No political bashing. This is your only warning. :)

mbarker
11-29-2014, 03:30 PM
These are the "political" quotes that are now being re-posted. Garth made these comments in March 2011. I am unsure why they are being treated as new or recent.

"Yeah, I think what President Obama is finding out is all that we want to do, the system kind of doesn't allow the most powerful guy in the world to kind of do his job and I'm sure nobody's more frustrated than him to complete those promises that he did and I think he's trying his heart out. I love him to death and I fully support him and I just wish him well because it's got to be hell in that office"

"The whole political system kind of has me concerned right now to tell you the truth --200 years old and we might think of about, you know, kind of kicking it in the ass a little bit. It just seems like we vote for things because they're Republican or Democratic," I think we should vote for them because they're right or wrong and we kind of have seemed to have fallen into that trap so that would be the one warning I would give all us," he said. "Put down where you're from and what flag you fly under and let's get to putting the best person, man or women in the office and let's start making some strides."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/garth-brooks-obama-i-love-him-death-its-got-be-hell-office

Mr_Sevens
11-29-2014, 04:07 PM
These are the "political" quotes that are now being re-posted. Garth made these comments in March 2011. I am unsure why they are being treated as new or recent.

"Yeah, I think what President Obama is finding out is all that we want to do, the system kind of doesn't allow the most powerful guy in the world to kind of do his job and I'm sure nobody's more frustrated than him to complete those promises that he did and I think he's trying his heart out. I love him to death and I fully support him and I just wish him well because it's got to be hell in that office"

"The whole political system kind of has me concerned right now to tell you the truth --200 years old and we might think of about, you know, kind of kicking it in the ass a little bit. It just seems like we vote for things because they're Republican or Democratic," I think we should vote for them because they're right or wrong and we kind of have seemed to have fallen into that trap so that would be the one warning I would give all us," he said. "Put down where you're from and what flag you fly under and let's get to putting the best person, man or women in the office and let's start making some strides."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/garth-brooks-obama-i-love-him-death-its-got-be-hell-office

They are being treated as new because of how terribly uninformed the audience of the outlets spreading them is. You're right, that statement is quite old now and IMO it's not even that controversial. It's a pretty middle of the road statement to say you should vote for who you think is best and be supportive of whoever ends up there in the end.

But you know, god forbid people have opinions. Especially if you're a celebrity! I'm just so disappointed in people right now. No one is happy unless they are angry about something.

EveryNow&Then
11-29-2014, 04:39 PM
As a conservative, I respect what Garth did. He was trying to be respectful of the situation bottom line. There is no more drama to it than that. In his place, we might or might not have made the same decision, but we can respect it. To say that Garth was trying to make some huge statement is completely bogus.

Conservatives and liberals both have a habit of jumping to conclusions and making themselves look ignorant. I would hope we could avoid stereotyping any group of people. Ignorance doesn't have a political party, race, religion, sex or country. Everyone is capable of being ignorant when they base their opinions purely off of what they hear from the media/social media. Let's not make this about red vs. blue.

Respect one another, agree to disagree... but most of all love one another.

Brett Dale
11-29-2014, 05:02 PM
+1.

Excellent post, EveryNow&Then

YouSoundBitter
11-29-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't think the attacks have anything to do with politics or Christians but a few white racist "fans" that are being ignorant looking for attention.

Brett Dale
11-29-2014, 05:22 PM
All the hate is basically the same tweet being used over and over again by different people.

Its always sort of the same, using the word "Thug"

The new one these jerks are using goes along the lines of, Ive deleted all my Garth songs off of Itunes library.

What a pack of idiots.

Brett Dale
11-29-2014, 05:33 PM
All the people doing this on twitter, are putting up links to the same website. "godailydose" Hopefully Twitter would consider this spam, if
another people report it.

Garthfan92
11-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Most of the comments I've seen are just absurd, and totally based on lies. They're twisting fairly innocent, moderate statements, because they clearly don't like him to begin with. Garth is far from being extreme conservative or liberal. I think he's much more in the middle, where even he has said he thinks the majority of this country really is. I agree with him on that, and I think it's just plain sad these people have to spread such hate, and that some who see it will believe it. We need more People Loving People!

garth_fan_13
11-29-2014, 05:43 PM
As a conservative, I respect what Garth did. He was trying to be respectful of the situation bottom line. There is no more drama to it than that. In his place, we might or might not have made the same decision, but we can respect it. To say that Garth was trying to make some huge statement is completely bogus.

Conservatives and liberals both have a habit of jumping to conclusions and making themselves look ignorant. I would hope we could avoid stereotyping any group of people. Ignorance doesn't have a political party, race, religion, sex or country. Everyone is capable of being ignorant when they base their opinions purely off of what they hear from the media/social media. Let's not make this about red vs. blue.

Respect one another, agree to disagree... but most of all love one another.

You said what I was trying to say... but much better! 100% agree. My original point was, don't just put one group in a box.

EveryNow&Then
11-29-2014, 06:35 PM
This is true in so many respects in today's world. The state we are in makes me very sad.

I'm also tired of the need we seem to feel as a society to defame every person we ever held up as an example... we aren't allowed to have icons any more.

The respect that Garth shows for people should be seen as an example. Not only have we forgotten the golden rule, we've burned it at the stake.

copinark
11-29-2014, 08:53 PM
I think what he was saying was due to the turmoil I don't won't to seem oblivious to it by pushing a product. I'm sure 99% of those posting the negative statements have no idea one of his brothers is a police officer.

Gbfanoh
11-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Copinark, his brother, Jerry, was a deputy sheriff and passed away in 2006. I'm not sure it would even matter to these guys if they knew. They sure don't care that the article they keep referring to now about the president is 3 years old. Any one think Garth will make another statement or even come back to social media?

Garthmedic
11-29-2014, 10:19 PM
http://obitsforlife.com/obituary/184479/Smittle-Jerome.php

Brett Dale
11-29-2014, 11:31 PM
The attack on Garth on twitter is relentless now, 99.9% of it, has the same link, "gopdailydose" and its the same tweet from many different people.

Surly it must be counted as spam.

Brett Dale
11-29-2014, 11:47 PM
The fact that Garth is now be called a Cop Hater among otherthings on twitter/facebook, and its ongoing, not just the usual trolls on the
internet, I think he has to address the issue of how this is a Orchestrated attack on him in social media.

Garthmedic
11-30-2014, 12:09 AM
Or, he could dump social media entirely.

wimpy77
11-30-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm sure his people have told him and people are assuming he has read the comments. I think if he had, he would have commented by now. IMO he's doing the right thing and not saying anything.

darkcountry
11-30-2014, 12:59 AM
Y'all are acting like this is new behavior online. The Internet brings out the worst in people. People will find a way to take anything, no matter how good and positive it is and turn it into a toxic situation.

Don't feed into the negativity of others. Garth is a huge target and people want a reaction. Many feed off of it. He should ignore the negativity and let it blow over. All that acknowledging it will do is fuel new drama, because there is a reaction.

if you look at any celebrity out there, extremists are always there.

wimpy77
11-30-2014, 01:04 AM
Y'all are acting like this is new behavior online. The Internet brings out the worst in people. People will find a way to take anything, no matter how good and positive it is and turn it into a toxic situation.

Don't feed into the negativity of others. Garth is a huge target and people want a reaction. Many feed off of it. He should ignore the negativity and let it blow over. All that acknowledging it will do is fuel new drama, because there is a reaction.

if you look at any celebrity out there, extremists are always there.

exactly.

Brett Dale
11-30-2014, 01:58 AM
My problem with this current attack, its not Organic, or just the usual haters, its done by one website and several professional bloggers, its always the same tweet or
pretty close to it, with the same link to the same website, the website itself must have multiple twitter accounts, because most the tweets are coming from people
with only a handful of tweets.

Again, if it was just the jerks and trolls then I could kinda shake it off, the fact that its been done by this site, is kinda creepy, and shouldnt be allowed.

darkcountry
11-30-2014, 11:04 AM
My problem with this current attack, its not Organic, or just the usual haters, its done by one website and several professional bloggers, its always the same tweet or
pretty close to it, with the same link to the same website, the website itself must have multiple twitter accounts, because most the tweets are coming from people
with only a handful of tweets.

Again, if it was just the jerks and trolls then I could kinda shake it off, the fact that its been done by this site, is kinda creepy, and shouldnt be allowed.

That happens far more than you realize. Professional bloggers and websites go after celebrities all the time to generate hits for their own website. Garth is no exception to the rule. He's a big target and they want to capitalize on his fame and if he responds, they gain notoriety.

Brett, you seem like a nice guy. You need to take a deep breath and let it go.

Mr_Sevens
11-30-2014, 12:49 PM
As disappointed as I am in these "people" I do think this will blow over pretty some. A lot of these trolls keep comparing him to the Dixie Chicks as if the situation is the same. It's not even close!

Not one single legitimate organization has talked about this. Not one. That's why no one will care in a few weeks.

You'll also notice a lot of the people there readily admit that they were never much of a fan anyway. These aren't real fans and they never were.

Best thing I could think to do is for people to post messages of encouragement to his wall to drown out the garbage a little. Messages that don't even mention his decision. Don't justify it by making it a thing.

Brett Dale
11-30-2014, 06:44 PM
That happens far more than you realize. Professional bloggers and websites go after celebrities all the time to generate hits for their own website. Garth is no exception to the rule. He's a big target and they want to capitalize on his fame and if he responds, they gain notoriety.

Brett, you seem like a nice guy. You need to take a deep breath and let it go.

Cool, thanks, great advice!