PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Magazine

Brett Dale
11-24-2014, 12:56 AM
They called Garth's AMA's performance the worst of the night.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/amas-2014/6327574/2014-amas-best-worst-performances?utm_source=twitter

Brett Dale
11-24-2014, 12:59 AM
Heres the twitter account of the writer.

@branniganlynch

Skywise
11-24-2014, 01:35 AM
seriously, Brett- you gotta take a chill.. not everyone's gonna like every performance of Garths- I won't say it was the worst (As I didn't see most of the ama's I was watching the survivor series) but I did see the performance. it was GARTH.... that much I'll say- but it was hardly a 'blow em away' performance..

people saying something negative about garth doesn't mean you need to broadcast their twitter accounts, or the like- just saying

Mr_Sevens
11-24-2014, 02:19 AM
Eh, they just didn't like the song. They didn't actually comment on his performance.

Brett Dale
11-24-2014, 04:28 AM
seriously, Brett- you gotta take a chill.. not everyone's gonna like every performance of Garths- I won't say it was the worst (As I didn't see most of the ama's I was watching the survivor series) but I did see the performance. it was GARTH.... that much I'll say- but it was hardly a 'blow em away' performance..

people saying something negative about garth doesn't mean you need to broadcast their twitter accounts, or the like- just saying

It was from Billboards website, and it had the authors twitter account at the top of the page, so Im guessing he wanted feedback.

SweetGBFan
11-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Well at least he was singing live, I am pretty sure Taylor was lipsyncing to some of the song.

Skywise
11-24-2014, 08:41 AM
ahh- sweetgb- if we're playing semantics, wasn't garth's performance taped (even if just before it aired?) thats only 'technically live' in the same vein of his dl album being 'live'... just saying..

GBJR77
11-24-2014, 09:17 AM
It wasn't a blowout performance, comparing it to his more 'active' performances, maybe that's what they were looking for? He also seemed to be a bit out of voice. Still, I would hardly call it worst of the night. There were 2 1/2 hours of worst of the night performances leading up to his airing. After sitting through all that, I have to say that the state of 'American Music' is horrible. No wonder nobody is buying music. I wouldn't pay for a single thing I heard from either the performers, or the nominees/winners of the various categories. My musical taste is extremely broad, but I couldn't find one thing worth listening to until Garth showed up. Then I promptly turned the channel once he was over - I couldn't stand anymore of it.

I'm fine with anyone who wasn't happy with the performace, I can see where there were issues with it. I can't however agree that it was the worst of the night.

Darkness
11-24-2014, 10:57 AM
Worst of the night? Not by a long shot. That honor probably goes to Lil Wayne or Pitbull. Iggy Azalea, Ariana, Selena Gomez, and a few of the others really looked good last night though. A bit too much exposure on Iggy, but that's my opinion. I didn't see Taylor's.

Garth want the worst, but it wasn't the best either. His performance was very Garth and I was happy with it. But it wasn't the best of the night by a long shot.

derquhart
11-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Not sure how many follow social media closely but, searches on twitter were overwhelmingly positive. PLP seemed to have a much better reception than when it came out on Radio, almost like people had never heard it.

wimpy77
11-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Not sure how many follow social media closely but, searches on twitter were overwhelmingly positive. PLP seemed to have a much better reception than when it came out on Radio, almost like people had never heard it.

Because probably a lot that audience didn't.

wimpy77
11-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Just because someone write a negative review doesn't call for a rage response. Let it go and get over it.

Emerald Isle
11-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Msn.com listed Garth's performance as one of the Best of the night, so there are good reviews too:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/gallery/best-and-worst-of-the-2014-american-music-awards/ss-BBfy9es

darkcountry
11-24-2014, 02:29 PM
The meltdown over these things was charming at first. Now, I am just a little creeped out by them. Y'all need to stop taking it so seriously. People are going to spew their opinion. It might not mesh up with your opinion, but you need to just let it go. He gave his best and he gave us enjoyment with his performance. Who cares what a laundry list of screen names and bio lines have to say about it?

Live for the music, not the critical acclaim. At the end of the day, would The Dance have been any less incredible if the critics slammed it? Would his music have been any worse if he sold 100k of his entire discography? The only thing that matters is the music. Stop worrying about anything beyond that.

Brett Dale
11-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Fair enough, the problem I have, is their always a handful of critics who are just criticizing the performance because its garth, not the performance itself. Thats my issue.
Great to see most of the media loved his performance.