PDA

View Full Version : Fan Club Email...

Lowland_Kid
11-23-2014, 10:06 AM
I found this in my email. I guess I can just delete that? I got it on my yahoo.com address and all the other emails from Garth are on my gmail.com address...

nfo@primoeducation.com
To me Today at 10:31 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,
Chris here with the Garth Brooks Fanclub. I am writing you today to inform you about an event that was shared with us last week, and just could not be kept secret!
The people out at Education First are giving away 4 sets of tickets to the January 9 and 10 showings of Man Against Machine in Tulsa, Oklahoma - Garth's Home Town! You can enter to win a set of ticket, airfare, hotel and dinner... so get over there and sign up now!
The offer includes airfare, hotel accommodation, limo service and a totally customized experience for each couple. You may enter to win for free with no terms or conditions whatsoever, and considering that we at the Fan Club thought that we should make sure that Garth's biggest fans know about it and are able to get their name in.
As you are likely aware, the concert itself consists of both Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood, and it is a HUGE success with sold-out shows in every venue to date. We even had to add additional shows in Tulsa to account for the demand. You can be a part of that now!
So... Head over to http://garth.primoeducation.com now and sign up for free.
Education First does ask you to make a donation if you are able, and they add an incentive to do so by giving everyone who does donate additional entries to the drawings for each $5.00 donated. But again, a single entry is absolutely free of charge. Any donations made are 100% tax deductible as well!
On a personal note, I think the cause they serve is very important and urge each of you to donate if you can. A simple $5.00 donation will help out quite a bit. But in any case, get on over there and sign up now so you can come see us in Tulsa in January!
This email is being sent to ...........@yahoo.com - A member of the Garth Brooks Fanclub/Newsletter. If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please reply to this email with the word STOP.
Sent on behalf of:
Primo Education (Education First)
3841 Business Park Drive
Louisville, KY 40213

Skywise
11-23-2014, 10:48 AM
I got no less than 25 of those yesterday..

Mr_Sevens
11-23-2014, 01:16 PM
That sounds like spam garbage.

Skywise
11-23-2014, 01:26 PM
It is

Lowland_Kid
11-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Oh, so I am lucky that I only got one! :D

Skywise
11-23-2014, 04:20 PM
oh yeah- good news is that the spam sieve program I have on my mac has stopped it- but certainly is / was spam ...

BrianJArmstrong
11-24-2014, 02:13 AM
thank for confirming this. I have 14 so far and counting.

Crazy.

OP, did you purchase any Garth swag from Ghosttunes with your yahoo email? Which email are you registered here with (gmail or yahoo)? I'm wondering how these emails were gathered.

Skywise
11-24-2014, 02:31 AM
well, it's not from ghosttunes, I bought mine from gb.com.. I'm thinking that is where the emails were taken from, as I got it at both my garthcast email account (a mac.com email) and my gmail account

Lowland_Kid
11-24-2014, 06:12 AM
I bought mine from GB.com too and I used my Gmail address. So it can't be that. Oh wait... I just checked my spam folder from Gmail... got it 13 times there. :(

BrianJArmstrong
11-24-2014, 11:17 AM
I bought mine from GB.com too and I used my Gmail address. So it can't be that. Oh wait... I just checked my spam folder from Gmail... got it 13 times there. :(

GB.com uses ghost tunes as its delivery method. Could be either one. Has anyone reached out to report it? We can't be the only ones, and SURELY someone has given money in hopes of winning a ticket.

My gmail is the culprit, and that email is associated here and not my recent purchases thru gb.com/ghost tunes.

Curiouser and curiouser.

18hundert48
11-24-2014, 11:35 AM
I got the Mail 15 times...
It was the mail address I registered for the Believer Information at garthbrooks.com. So not for ordering the music on garthbrooks.com or ghosttunes.com.

gbroadtrip
11-24-2014, 12:36 PM
I signed up for that same mailing list over at garthbrooks.com using my gmail addy (and ordered the bundle) and do not see any similar spam in my spam folder... I should do something about all these undelivered parcels and the thousandth time my paypal account has been frozen... not to mention all these kind offers to ummm.. increase.. the size of .. well I'll just leave that one right there.

Shannon