PDA

View Full Version : Its Nuts that Ghost Tunes havent reported Garth's Numbers to Soundscan!

Brett Dale
11-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Dont care how big and small they're, they should report them, hopefully they will in the future, hopefully
a Journalist will ask them this?

I mean you go on other music boards, "PULSE MUSIC BOARD" AND ukmix.org and the whole conversation
is turned to Garth's so called low numbers.

Surly they should release them or at least explain why they wont, or if they will in the future.

It could make the difference in radio playing singles from the album or not.

Chalk this up as another mistake.

They're on twitter and facebook, so perhaps people can ask them why and we may get an answer.

wimpy77
11-19-2014, 06:41 PM
why obsess over it at this point?

Brett Dale
11-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Because as I said, it could mean the difference in radio deciding to play singles, or people buying this thing, if they see low numbers they will
come to the false conclusion that it anit good.

If they dont release his Ghost Tunes numbers, I think this is the biggest mistake of quite a few his comeback has had.

Its just plain dumb not to release his digital download numbers, theres no logical reason for it.

Mr_Sevens
11-19-2014, 06:49 PM
I don't think their numbers are going to make a big enough difference. I believe someone did the math to find out bundle sales won't count because each album won't hit the price requirement and I don't think many order JUST Man Against Machine from GT.

Like wimpy77, why obsess over it? Why is it so important to release these numbers? What will it change?

Mr_Sevens
11-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Because as I said, it could mean the difference in radio deciding to play singles, or people buying this thing, if they see low numbers they will
come to the false conclusion that it anit good.

If they dont release his Ghost Tunes numbers, I think this is the biggest mistake of quite a few his comeback has had.

Its just plain dumb not to release his digital download numbers, theres no logical reason for it.

Radio doesn't care about the album sales. That's not going to keep them from playing a song. They don't factor that in at all.

Brett Dale
11-19-2014, 06:51 PM
They may be small, but it could make the difference in some station deciding to play a single or two because they think, "well his numbers
arent that high"

I still think by not releasing the Ghost Tunes numbers, this is the biggest mistake by far of his comeback.

Its about public perception.

wimpy77
11-19-2014, 06:58 PM
His album sales aren't going to decide if they play his singles or not. Like I said it took Brad Paisley 2 months to sell what Garth did in a week. I'm not going to obsess over something that appears to me doesn't bother Garth in the least.

CBooUF
11-19-2014, 07:17 PM
I asked "Miss Nancy" on Twitter, but don't expect a response.

darkcountry
11-19-2014, 07:18 PM
He has the #1 country album this week. He sold 100k in his first week.

Radio looks at singles that blend well in their format, are backed with "perks" (if you don't call it payola it isn't illegal) and some of the buzz from fans. You have station programmers, managers and a slew of people who all have their input on what gets played.

If all it took was having high sales amounts to get played on the radio, there would be more female singers on country radio's top 10 list. There would also be a slew of legends getting airplay too. Garth isn't selling bro country and a message song is hard to fit in between song about drinking, partying, hooking up and what not.

Brett Dale
11-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Twitter: From Brian Mansfield

"It's my understanding they may not report for a year or more, until the digital bundle is fulfilled with the next album."