PDA

View Full Version : Springsteen now selling archived concert audio

CBooUF
11-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Hopefully this is something that Garth does with his own stuff on GhostTunes:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bruce-springsteen-launches-archival-concert-download-service-20141118

wimpy77
11-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Metallica has been doing that for years.

Skywise
11-19-2014, 01:24 AM
And I'd wager it will be years and years until Garth ever does that (I don't think he ever will.. it'd be a great thing to see happen, but he's content with the 'collection of live versions' (from a limited amount of cities) of his music that masquerades as a live album

YouSoundBitter
11-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Matchbox Twenty does it too, and you get a USB bracelet along with your download!

GBJR77
11-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Matchbox Twenty does it too, and you get a USB bracelet along with your download!

Yep, I have one from the show I went to! I have to say, it is amazing to have a show you went to, to listen back to. Counting Crows do the same thing, minus the wristband, and I have a couple of shows I went to of theirs too!

I don't see Garth ever doing this, even though he's recorded years worth of shows. Still, I'd like to be surprised. Even if he just did a live album that was a compilation of each city he plays, I'd be okay with that - as long as it wasn't turned into what Double Live was turned into.