PDA

View Full Version : christmas albums

jjlong79
11-18-2014, 03:43 PM
I wish Garth would re-release his Christmas albums Beyond The Season and The Magic Of Christmas Call Me Clause. I lost my CD for The Magic Of Christmas Call Me Clause in a car wreck.

darkcountry
11-18-2014, 03:46 PM
I wish Garth would re-release his Christmas albums Beyond The Season and The Magic Of Christmas Call Me Clause. I lost my CD for The Magic Of Christmas Call Me Clause in a car wreck.

GhostTunes talked about releasing them during the holiday season. I'd imagine they will likely hit their store in the next couple of weeks.

Emerald Isle
11-18-2014, 04:08 PM
GhostTunes talked about releasing them during the holiday season. I'd imagine they will likely hit their store in the next couple of weeks.

I really hope so... I wonder if Silent Night would have the spoken part edited out.

Skywise
11-18-2014, 04:22 PM
I would thnk so....

Would be nice to see a release.. Maybe it'll happen

darkcountry
11-18-2014, 04:26 PM
I'll follow up with GT right now.

darkcountry
11-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Just heard back from Katherine.

"As of right now, GhostTunes will not be carrying Garth's holiday albums. I am so sorry for the inconvenience."

Which falls in line with their decision to back out of merchandise and other things. I think they had quite a bit planned for this year that was taking more effort than they planned.

Mr_Sevens
11-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Just heard back from Katherine.

"As of right now, GhostTunes will not be carrying Garth's holiday albums. I am so sorry for the inconvenience."

Which falls in line with their decision to back out of merchandise and other things. I think they had quite a bit planned for this year that was taking more effort than they planned.

I noticed that Trisha has at least one merch option on GhostTunes and Montgomery Gentry had some when they were a featured artist. Garth's merch must be a Garth problem. Whether it's whoever distributes the merch or what.

darkcountry
11-18-2014, 05:59 PM
I noticed that Trisha has at least one merch option on GhostTunes and Montgomery Gentry had some when they were a featured artist. Garth's merch must be a Garth problem. Whether it's whoever distributes the merch or what.

Good point. I honestly had stopped checking. Their prices are higher than her website's store. Fortunately I have all these items too. :) But that's a good point. I wonder what happened.

Mr_Sevens
11-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Good point. I honestly had stopped checking. Their prices are higher than her website's store. Fortunately I have all these items too. :) But that's a good point. I wonder what happened.

No idea! I just sent them an email about it. We'll see what they have to say.

GBJR77
11-18-2014, 06:21 PM
could it be that they just didn't want a backlog of stuff? All the shirts change every couple of weeks to add new cities, plus the event-specific shirts. The hoodie and hat will probably be changing really soon too (which is my guess why they were 'bundled' for a cheaper price in MN) in order to have 2015 on them, instead of 2014. Maybe they just decided to wait until the new year, or, maybe there is going to be 'net only merch available that just hasn't been produced yet. I do hope something shows up, either on GT or GB.com, and I wouldn't be upset if it is actually stuff like he used to have in the GB store that was not available on tour.

darkcountry
11-18-2014, 06:24 PM
On their Twitter account, GhostTunes told someone else who asked about the Christmas albums to stay tuned.....Unless Katherine just didn't want to jump the gun.

This is the tweet and the response from GhostTunes https://twitter.com/thetruthaboutl1/status/534806577270624256

Emerald Isle
12-01-2014, 11:20 AM
On their Twitter account, GhostTunes told someone else who asked about the Christmas albums to stay tuned.....Unless Katherine just didn't want to jump the gun.

This is the tweet and the response from GhostTunes https://twitter.com/thetruthaboutl1/status/534806577270624256

I would guess that unless the Christmas albums hit GhostTunes tomorrow, we won't be getting them this year. If that's the case, then I'm thinking we'll get another bundle next year (after the deal for the current one expires) that will include the Christmas albums, the 5 other Limited Series songs, the rest of the Lost Sessions tunes, and maybe some or all of BIAOMR, plus a few extras.

darkcountry
12-01-2014, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on the Christmas albums. The Twitter account is gives cryptic responses too often. As for BIAOMR and the Lost Sessions, I don't think we'll see either in the store unless he rerecords them again or Wal-mart agrees to it. They have exclusive rights to both.

Emerald Isle
12-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Walmart has exclusive rights for distribution maybe, but I doubt they own the masters. I don't think Garth would never give up his ownership of the masters. if it is just a distribution deal, then most of those types of contracts have expiration dates. So, it's likely Garth may be able to sell them widely at some point.

But even if not, then as long as Walmart got a cut of the digital sales, I don't see why they would care if he also put them on GhostTunes. They could also easily continue to be the exclusive vendor for any physical copies.